IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

2 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Does he not track back and defend or something?

You tell me, what’s your opinion of him?

edit: to be fair, if he doesn’t then Unsworth has made the right decision. We can’t carry anymore players.

not saying I doesn’t as I haven’t had the privelage of watching him much.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

You tell me, what’s your opinion of him?

edit: to be fair, if he doesn’t then Unsworth has made the right decision. We can’t carry anymore players.

not saying I doesn’t as I haven’t had the privelage of watching him much.

I haven't monitored him closely enough to have an opinion to be fair - Strange.

So same as me then. Nothing strange about it. It’s common sense. If you haven’t watched enough to make a valid judgement of something... you don’t.

werw in the same boat. I’ve only wot eased him for Everton. A few good matches and then pretty much anonymous. Promise... but just promise at the moment.

lets hope he can turn out to be a great player for us.

Unsworth obviously sees him differently than Koeman and some supporters, no manager can please all the players or supporters all the time, only time will tell if Unsworth is wrong about Vlasic but if you want him as the manager then you need to support his judgment on team selections.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Unsworth obviously sees him differently than Koeman and some supporters, no manager can please all the players or supporters all the time, only time will tell if Unsworth is wrong about Vlasic but if you want him as the manager then you need to support his judgment on team selections.

No you don't, just because you want someone as manager doesn't mean you blindly support all their decisions.

In quite a few fans opinion Vlasic has played way better than Mirallas or Lennon and deserves to start, as does Lookman.

For him not to be given a chance is odd, for him not to make the squad is ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, London Blue said:

No you don't, just because you want someone as manager doesn't mean you blindly support all their decisions.

In quite a few fans opinion Vlasic has played way better than Mirallas or Lennon and deserves to start, as does Lookman.

For him not to be given a chance is odd, for him not to make the squad is ridiculous.

Well let's sack Unsworth then if it's that ridiculous, oh by the way Mirallas didn't make the squad.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well let's sack Unsworth then if it's that ridiculous, oh by the way Mirallas didn't make the squad.

I think we can find a happy medium, where you want Unsworth as manager but disagree with certain decisions he makes. Not playing one of our best players this season is not only ridiculous, its self defeating. 

In the name of accuracy under Unsworth, Mirallas has started against Chelsea, and Leicester, and was on the sub's for the Lyon match. He didn't make the squad against Watford as he was acting as like a petulant child - again, and got dropped.

29 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think we can find a happy medium, where you want Unsworth as manager but disagree with certain decisions he makes. Not playing one of our best players this season is not only ridiculous, its self defeating. 

In the name of accuracy under Unsworth, Mirallas has started against Chelsea, and Leicester, and was on the sub's for the Lyon match. He didn't make the squad against Watford as he was acting as like a petulant child - again, and got dropped.

How is it defeating when the team wins and Vlasic isn't in the squad unless he is injured Unsworth sees it different to you, for me and I assume you the win is more important than who we think should be on the pitch or not,  I do agree from the glimpses we've seen he looks a good young talent but for me to soon to say he's one of our best players.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

How is it defeating when the team wins and Vlasic isn't in the squad unless he is injured Unsworth sees it different to you, for me and I assume you the win is more important than who we think should be on the pitch or not,  I do agree from the glimpses we've seen he looks a good young talent but for me to soon to say he's one of our best players.

We got lucky against Watford. We were terrible in the first half, when we had no width and no pace, we only improved when we put players on who could stretch the opposition by playing wide and using their pace. 

Now assuming we want to avoid the mistakes of Koeman and play players in their correct positions this leave us with Mirallas, Lennon, Lookman and Vlasic.

Out of those 4

Mirallas has been the most inconsistent and had the worst attitude.

Lennon has lots of pace but no end product.

Lookman has looked dangerous, and has the ability to go past and opponent but is still raw. 

Vlasic also has the ability to put in dangerous cross's and beat an opponent but has been more consistent than Lookman. 

Therefore if we want to play with pace and width we should be playing Lookman and Vlasic, anything else is a sub-optimal choice and hurts the team. Certainly not having Vlasic in the squad is a poor decision.

I don’t get this lucky Watford thing.

we had chances to take the lead at 0-0 then they scored first. They then went 2-0 up and we created more chances to score. As did they. We kept at it and based up winning 3-2! Not sure why it was lucky.... what were we trying to do? Avoid a 3-0 defeat but three clearances went on?