IGNORED

Feedback (August 2017 changes)

johnh

as Louis has done such a great job for us in rebuilding the site that the hoster had turned into a bomb site / I think he needs a round of claps from everyone, and also a happy thing like me staying on here after all.:worship:

No  honestly, I insist.  :rofl:

I will further promise I would possibly consider that I may think about modifying my swearing

9 minutes ago, rubecula said:

as Louis has done such a great job for us in rebuilding the site that the hoster had turned into a bomb site / I think he needs a round of claps from everyone, and also a happy thing like me staying on here after all.:worship:

No  honestly, I insist.  :rofl:

I will further promise I would possibly consider that I may think about modifying my swearing

Boo.

Is it possible that when you click on the topic/thread title (eg. "Ross Barkley") it takes you to the last read, or at least the last page of the thread - at the moment it takes you to the first post on the first page. The largest link to click is the name of the thread, and that naturally should be the most convenient. Being taken to the first post of a 5000+post/99page thread, especially as a logged in user, is a little annoying.

(Tested on mobile+android+chrome and laptop+windows 10+chrome)

Aside from that, the site looks and works great. :)

Edited by Wall Writer
too many words

20 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Is it possible that when you click on the topic/thread title (eg. "Ross Barkley") it takes you to the last read, or at least the last page of the thread - at the moment it takes you to the first post on the first page. The largest link to click is the name of the thread, and that naturally should be the most convenient. Being taken to the first post of a 5000+post/99page thread, especially as a logged in user, is a little annoying.

(Tested on mobile+android+chrome and laptop+windows 10+chrome)

Aside from that, the site looks and works great. :)

Click on the star (or circle if you've not previously posted in the thread) to the left of the thread title and it'll take you to your first unread.

Yeah, I get that - it's just that as I mentioned the title of the thread is the most obvious place to click and for it to work in such a way that it takes you to the first post on the first page, is rather useless. I suspect that the default place people want to go to is the last page. I imagine that very few, or otherwise very rarely, do people want to go to the first page of the thread. So, the biggest link into the page should logically thinking take you where most people want to go.

I'll add that the circle/star disappears if the forum is already read. I know you can click on the last page link or wherever, but like I said the biggest link should be the most useful, and at the moment it feels pretty useless. Just my tuppence. I'll get used to it ..... eventually :P :lol: