Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johnh

Feedback (August 2017 changes)

Recommended Posts

I never used the mobile site so don't know. I have a smartphone now, so I'll check out the issue with not being able to post photos on the mobile version.


How does it look on your iPad @Matt ?

 

Oh yeah. That's a new feature.You can summon people by using the @ symbol. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Louis said:

I never used the mobile site so don't know. I have a smartphone now, so I'll check out the issue with not being able to post photos on the mobile version.


How does it look on your iPad @Matt ?

 

Oh yeah. That's a new feature.You can summon people by using the @ symbol. :D 

 

Yes I love that feature on other forums I'm on!!!

 

other than the all white I love the update.  Voting on mobile, call out people by name now, better mobile view.  Good stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

 

Yes I love that feature on other forums I'm on!!!

 

other than the all white I love the update.  Voting on mobile, call out people by name now, better mobile view.  Good stuff

Same here, it's quite harsh on the eyes. @Louis, any chance to make it a little more subtle by adding a bit more colour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can you try add themes that we can define for ourselves, including the skins?

I don't think this is possible. Theme and skin are the same thing in forum software parlance. ;) 

You are saying that this is too white on an Ipad. What was the old site like ? More blue ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Louis said:

I don't think this is possible. Theme and skin are the same thing in forum software parlance. ;) 

You are saying that this is too white on an Ipad. What was the old site like ? More blue ? 

I'm on the desktop at the moment and I needed to turn the brightness down on my monitor to not have to squint. It's not bad on a small screen, but on a 27" monitor its hard to look at.

Theres an option at the bottom of the page that gives a choice of "themes"; Default or Toffeetalk. Can we not add something there to offer different options? There was definitely more blue on the last version, helped break up the forums, posts etc. This is just very, very white with very thin lines separating things, so it's a little hard to look at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt said:

Theres an option at the bottom of the page that gives a choice of "themes"; Default or Toffeetalk. Can we not add something there to offer different options?

That's my intention. 

(27" !! I'm on a 15.3" laptop  - I can see your point)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a quick mention to @Louis  thanks for all your efforts mate. I know it isn't your fault.  I was just working up a post or two when the change happened.  I will not turn traitor, just a part time break while I get sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rubecula said:

only johnh and Bill are older than me I think Peter.  although they seem to both be a lot younger in attitude, me though, I am just a grumpy old bugga. B)

I read somewhere that the grumpyness starts at 53. Proper scientific research came up with that. 

In november ill be the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Louis said:

Yeah, but it amuses me that he'd be seeing that on a 27" screen. 

:lol: you bastard! But good to know we can have some different themes. Are we able to make them ourselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice change on the banner Louis.

The the topic titles are stronger than the headers.

Still needs some white removing. 

I'm not chasing you up just putting some ideas forward cos I know it's not easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Is there a way when you open a thread to have it open to where you last viewed?  The old forum did this on mobile.  Now I have to scroll down all the way in every thread I open.  Lot of work and annoying.

Still does for me:dontknow:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bill said:

Nice change on the banner Louis.

The the topic titles are stronger than the headers.

Still needs some white removing. 

I'm not chasing you up just putting some ideas forward cos I know it's not easy.

Great improvements on the first two Louis, is it possible to change the white with that very  light pastel Blue background you've got.?  

Maybe just swap them over it will be a lot less startling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Is there a way when you open a thread to have it open to where you last viewed?  The old forum did this on mobile.  Now I have to scroll down all the way in every thread I open.  Lot of work and annoying.

Click on the star directly dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been out and about pondering on this new thingy.  I now know what I need ...  the recent topics index on the side.  I do not have time to read through the entire thing to look up these as they can pop up anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Click on the star directly dude

 

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Thanks @Matt that works. 

Same as it was before:mellow:.

Clicking star means it's a thread you've posted in, circle a thread you've not posted in; both take you to the latest unread. No change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

 

Same as it was before:mellow:.

Clicking star means it's a thread you've posted in, circle a thread you've not posted in; both take you to the latest unread. No change.

I didn't have those on my mobile before.  Just clicked the page number and it brought me to where I left off that way I could view all new posts.  This works too.

 

thanks guys.

 

louis the new skin is a lot better.  Looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Louis said:

We did last time too. ;) 

I'm surprised how many people use mobiles / tablets to look at the site.

With all the phones and tablets in use we could maybe do with enlarging the text slightly, it might be my eyes but it looks smaller than usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill said:

With all the phones and tablets in use we could maybe do with enlarging the text slightly, it might be my eyes but it looks smaller than usual.

That should be something you can adjust on your device Bill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StevO said:

That should be something you can adjust on your device Bill. 

Would you believe I have my text as huge, always have Steve, but it still looks smaller than the previous set up, thanks anyway it might be this Hudl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to sign in keeps saying doesn't recognise user name, so I'm having to reset password then I get in but when I leave have to go through the same process again starting to piss me off, have sent email to the powers to be but have received no response, maybe because it's the weekend.

Really like TT but can see my time here coming to end if I can't get this resolved, Mike maybe able to help with what's going wrong, had a problem some months ago and Mike sorted it, but what was done then maybe causing what's happening now, don't really know just hoping that might be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'm struggling to sign in keeps saying doesn't recognise user name, so I'm having to reset password then I get in but when I leave have to go through the same process again starting to piss me off, have sent email to the powers to be but have received no response, maybe because it's the weekend.

Really like TT but can see my time here coming to end if I can't get this resolved, Mike maybe able to help with what's going wrong, had a problem some months ago and Mike sorted it, but what was done then maybe causing what's happening now, don't really know just hoping that might be it.

I'll see what I can do Palfy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what are people using for mobile? I'm using tapatalk, and it's not letting me login due to "network errors." 

Don't use anything other than what comes up on the internet, used to be an option of using mobile version or full version but with the new software you get the best of both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Don't use anything other than what comes up on the internet, used to be an option of using mobile version or full version but with the new software you get the best of both.

I'm using the browser version now which is okay, but I much prefer the quickness of the app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Tapatalk

I haven't got access to update the script at the moment. I've contacted the hosts to provide me with the details. I've got the files ready on my computer but currently don't have a way to get them on the webserver. It'll be done when I get access. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...