Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Atalanta BC (Europa League Leg 1) [Away] Thursday September 14th

Just now, Swarzy said:

Sandro has made a positive impact since coming on. Koeman needs to find the right formation with the available players.

It's not formation, it's desire to win.

Just now, Swarzy said:

Sandro has made a positive impact since coming on. Koeman needs to find the right formation with the available players.

He's had more games than most managers and just continually fucks about with the formations.  Its guess work.

We are totally out of sync.  Don't know whether that's Koeman, too many new players, or players who somehow don't fit together.

The physical flaws that jump out at me are poor passing and few players with pace.  The psychological (?) flaws are lack of aggression and a kind of emotional lethargy.  Utter absence of relentlessness - the trait I value most - both physical and emotional.

1 minute ago, barryj said:

And now the poor Everton fans at the game are being held back in the stadium for a while. 

because Koeman is gonna compensate them from his personal savings account,,,,

2 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

We are totally out of sync.  Don't know whether that's Koeman, too many new players, or players who somehow don't fit together.

The physical flaws that jump out at me are poor passing and few players with pace.  The psychological (?) flaws are lack of aggression and a kind of emotional lethargy.  Utter absence of relentlessness - the trait I value most - both physical and emotional.

Don't confuse yourself... the answer is "All of the above"

I hate mentioning the shite but when you watch them you can see they are playing for the manager. Such high intensity.

We look the complete opposite. I think Ronald has upset too many players at once.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

If Koeman brags about not conceding in the second-half,  I am resigning!

And the next match when we let 5 pass us, Koeman will claim it happened because you resigned! 

1 minute ago, yamar said:

I hate mentioning the shite but when you watch them you can see they are playing for the manager. Such high intensity.

We look the complete opposite. I think Ronald has upset too many players at once.

Koeman is ego filled useless prick..

Just now, Gwlad all over said:

OK play our next Europa 120 miles away in Newcastle....result!

And we will let in 12-0 goals and koeman will blame the extra travelling??!

8 minutes ago, yamar said:

If this was Martinez, the knives would have been out at 45 minutes.

Martinez at least would have made the team make 2 million back passes and still walk out with a draw!

1 minute ago, Swarzy said:

At least Lyon vs Limassol finished 1-1.

Yay! so  we are top of the table in the group??!!! damn! someone turned the table upside down!

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Well if I was Tom Davies I'd be following up on that interest from Chelsea.

Better to be sat on the bench earning £100k a week there than not even sat on a bench at Everton.

At this rate, not only Barkley, probably including the ball boys wanna sign for other teams

2 minutes ago, Kev627 said:

Were there any good points to our performance in this game?

Yes! "Finally It Ended With Only 3-0!" ,,, That is the only happiness!

Hopeless. No fight, no pace, no system......RK will not last another month unless he turns this around. Even the body language of the players is negative.

Utterly devastated after this. Really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

We need to bring in someone like Allardyce to stabilise things.  

Just watched the post match interview. At least koemans taking responsibility. Doesn't explain the problem though and he doesn't seem to know what the problem is either. Doesn't bode well for a quick solution

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

not the age of players, not the skill of the players, so it has to be the way they play,  and this is down to the manager.

Although I've not watched either Everton or football generally for as many years or as closely as many of you, I'm questioning the skill of many of our players.  Especially basic, basic passing.  Ours is maddeningly off-target so frequently.  Do we happen to have a collection of players who just aren't so good at this basic thing?

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Although I've not watched either Everton or football generally for as many years or as closely as many of you, I'm questioning the skill of many of our players.  Especially basic, basic passing.  Ours is maddeningly off-target so frequently.  Do we happen to have a collection of players who just aren't so good at this basic thing?

so it seems, yet a couple of seasons ago, those self same players could almost pass other teams off the park at times.  I put it down to the way they have to play these days.

8 hours ago, rubecula said:

so it seems, yet a couple of seasons ago, those self same players could almost pass other teams off the park at times.  I put it down to the way they have to play these days.

No they couldn't. What actually happened a couple of years ago is that they passed, passed, passed themselves into trouble and we'd concede.

This rewriting of history is getting silly now.

5 minutes ago, Latchford9 said:

No pace in the side... I'm afraid that we're going to be ripped a new one when we play the RS.

No nothing in the side....No pace, no imagination, no threat.....If we play like we have done in the last 3 games then it is going to be 4-5 to United.  We just don't look like scoring.  Whilst United have all the attacking power at their disposal.

Well we got more than fingered didn't we. Pathetic school boy defending, no desire to get back into the game, no plan, no structure. This is worse than under Martinez, however I still have faith Ronald McDonald will turn this around...maybe....

Our biggest problem is having far too many players trying to play in one position and some areas are left badly lacking e.g.  striker.  I still think that when fit Ross would be a great number 9.  

16 minutes ago, johnh said:

Be fair Mike, Merthyr Tydfil were a decent side in those days.:D

I saw them many times playing Guildford City in the late sixties/early seventies John, sleeping giants:unsure:.

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I saw them many times playing Guildford City in the late sixties/early seventies John, sleeping giants:unsure:.

more awake than our lot just now