IGNORED

Managers discussion/Managers you admire/Managers you could see managing Everton one day.... in a very long time (speculative thread)

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he beat stoke, nothing special there.  chime back in when he beats any of City, United, Chelsea, SPurs, Arse, Shite.

They’ve beat Chelsea this season. At Stamford Bridge. 

Drew with the shite and Spurs. 

Lost against the rest. 

But you did say when he beats any of them. So, chime in Quinn ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly the more i watch and appreciate the game the more i enjoy eddie howe.  he's really the only name i'd want him after big sam.  

I like him a lot, but I'd prefer Dyche.

The Silva infatuation looks premature now. Not a bad manager by any stretch, but I don't think he's the next coming of Pochettino. 

Not to crush your dreams, but I read that Sampaoli doesn't speak English as a general FYI. I don't think a player needs to necessarily speak the language, but I definitely feel differently for managers.

4 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I like him a lot, but I'd prefer Dyche.

The Silva infatuation looks premature now. Not a bad manager by any stretch, but I don't think he's the next coming of Pochettino. 

Not to crush your dreams, but I read that Sampaoli doesn't speak English as a general FYI. I don't think a player needs to necessarily speak the language, but I definitely feel differently for managers.

i do love sampaoli but he's in a tough spot, turn around argentina and win the WC and he gets any job he wants, have a rough WC and he could be back to smaller national teams or a smaller team in spain.

Yeah the Silva hype is starting to seem unwarranted.  well see how he does in the rest of the campaign.

37 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He can keep being an Evertonian somewhere else. 

I agree. I like him, but hes Roberto mk2. 

If we are ever going to progress, we need a top name manager, not gamble on the next big thing. Silva, Dyche, Howe... no matter the budget they get, we’d always end up 6-10th

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree. I like him, but hes Roberto mk2. 

If we are ever going to progress, we need a top name manager, not gamble on the next big thing. Silva, Dyche, Howe... no matter the budget they get, we’d always end up 6-10th

i'm not even going to feel ashamed about it, i loved roberto.  positive, classy, attacking football, loves playing youngsters, i loved the guy.  so i wouldn't mind getting an english version again.  after koeman and sam, i want the happy positive guy :)

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not even going to feel ashamed about it, i loved roberto.  positive, classy, attacking football, loves playing youngsters, i loved the guy.  so i wouldn't mind getting an english version again.  after koeman and sam, i want the happy positive guy :)

Me too, but I’d like someone capable of actually winning something. The names were linked with don’t give confidence we’d progress. 

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The problem was that he did change!

Stubborness hasn' hurt Pep or Mourinho btw. 

He changed from what his audition, experimental year to what he actually believed in and wouldn't change back despite it falling down around him. He will never change his belief in his philosophy is what I mean

That is the type of manager we should be aiming for too. Not saying we'd get their quality in, but we should be looking at that end of the spectrum and not where we're supposedly looking

The more I think about Howe in the long term the more it makes sense to me. Wasn't a fan of it to begin with - but giving him cash and seeing what he can do in terms of playing attractive football with a much better team(providing future signings) than he has currently.

We want to mix in with the big boys one day don't we? Playing under managers like SA isn'tt going to get us there. 

I mean, I can't see us getting a 'top' manager in anyone soon so we have to take a risk at some point don't we?

2 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

The more I think about Howe in the long term the more it makes sense to me. Wasn't a fan of it to begin with - but giving him cash and seeing what he can do in terms of playing attractive football with a much better team(providing future signings) than he has currently.

We want to mix in with the big boys one day don't we? Playing under managers like SA isn'ttt going to get us there. 

I mean, I can't see us getting a 'top' manager in anyone soon so we have to take a risk at some point don't we?

Agreed Howe is the one I want here too