rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Ridiculous Rubes, added another option to your second question; because if you answer no to the first one as then there was no sensible choice on the second.

All depends on how we get beat tomorrow for me that will make my decision.

21 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

You been drinking or just bored?!

What have we come to!!!

Frank De Boer is available...he was a favourite.

simple enough to answer though  everyone and his dog has a bit to say on the subject so it seemed like a good idea to see what the general consensus is.

3 minutes ago, yamar said:

All depends on how we get beat tomorrow for me that will make my decision.

my thoughts exactly which is why I said I don't know

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ridiculous Rubes, added another option to your second question; because if you answer no to the first one as then there was no sensible choice on the second.

Yeah! I tried to answer without answering the 2nd question but it wouldn't let me! So I had to pick one even though it was pretty irrelevant to my first answer!

4 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Anyone thinking that we should sack Koeman needs to give their heads a wobble. I'm not saying that he should get a free pass but we knew when the fixtures were released that it was going to be a hard start to the season so it's mind blowing how some people are now calling for Ronald's head now that we're dropping points. I'll admit that the second half of Spurs and the first against Atalanta were a disgrace but are we really going to pull the trigger on the boss because of 90 minutes of football?! We're Everton Football Club, I grew up believing that this club was about loyalty and honour, we kept David Moyes for 11 years and he didn't do half bad. Even though Roberto Martinez turned into an absolute car-crash of a manager we gave him a few years to at least try and turn things around. 

We'll struggle to get a result this afternoon but from there we play Bournemouth, Burnley and Brighton with APOEL in-between. If we lose all of those then by all means start emailing Moshiri but until then let's keep a lid on it and get behind the team. We signed a full squad in the summer and it's going to take time for this project to come to light, do we really want to become another Crystal Palace who sack managers after 40 minutes in the job? 

This post isn't directed at anyone on here for the record too, it's more aimed at the idiots on social media that make this club look like a laughing stock.

Thanks Zoo, very succinct and to the point,  I am glad you posted this comment as it is the sort of response I was looking for.   I admit the phrasing of the poll could have been better, but nobody is perfect anymore, the last one who was perfect was nailed to a piece of wood 2000 years ago.

We can't sack him yet but if things are no better in the next 6-8 games then it should be a very realistic option.

If no top line manager is available then I would go for an Unsy caretaker job and see how he does. I like what I have seen from his u23 side and the game against Norwich but it's too much of a risk to just give it to him without having a trial period. 

My biggest problem isnt the results. Too many people are accepting it because we had a tough start.

the problem is the performances. We struggled to beat Stoke at home, were extremely lucky against City, got a lesson against Chelsea, made Tottenham look like world beaters... and embarrassed ourselves Atalanta.

we had a purple patch last season when Rom was scoring for fun. Other than that we have been a very average team.

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

My biggest problem isnt the results. Too many people are accepting it because we had a tough start.

the problem is the performances. We struggled to beat Stoke at home, were extremely lucky against City, got a lesson against Chelsea, made Tottenham look like world beaters... and embarrassed ourselves Atalanta.

we had a purple patch last season when Rom was scoring for fun. Other than that we have been a very average team.

Spot on again Shukes. Are you feeling ok? ;)

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'll guarantee that things will either look a lot brighter or be a lot worse in one month's time. The more data, the better any decision will be.

I'd say things will look much better or much worse in 2 weeks time.  Even if, as most of us expect, we struggle to take a point today, we then have 4 straight matches at Goodison against mediocre opponents.  If we do not win all or at least 3 of those 4 matches, Koeman-critics will have a much stronger case in favor of his early sacking.

And, in a miraculously alternate universe, 5 straight wins starting today will (temporarily) satisfy (almost) all Evertonians.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I really do worry about our fans sometimes

Glad I'm not the only one, I really do struggle to support Everton at times and stand shoulder to shoulder with some of the wooden spoons that follow our club.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

'arry's available.

:Redcard:!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

In fact when was our last good performance?

The friendly against Wexford Youth ''B'' Team was dominance to say the least :ph34r:.

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

I know it is still early days in the new season but if we lose today we will me looking down at the relegation scenario, something I had not expected to see again in my lifetime.

We'll be five games into the season, there will be 33 left to go. Plenty of time to turn things around and I'll be very surprised if we're anywhere near a relegation scenario. Like I said in my earlier post, we've played all the hard games so in theory we're now playing the teams that are below us so we should make up ground. I'll only be worried if we start to drop points against the Burnley's and Brighton's of this world, losing to Manchester United this afternoon shouldn't ring alarm bells to people about going down. 

In the reverse fixtures from last season we've played so far in the league we picked up 1 more point.

Granted we haven't played well, and we should aim to improve from last season, but we have only 1 less point than we had from these fixtures last season! Add in the Europa result and it isn't good, but we're FAR from sacking RK just yet.