rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

Yes, but this isn't based just on this season. I think the man upsets the dressing room too much, I also think he is a reactive manager and not a proactive manager.

He said he wanted more productivity in his side and we've gone the other way... FACT! 

Hope he proves me wrong though.

I've got a workforce of a dozen people all well aware of what they have to do and they do it very well.  The workforce is suddenly depleted and new workers are brought in, unfortunately they don't know the routine as well as the previous workers so things don't go as smoothly as I would like.

This scenario would happen in any profession so football is no different,  managers and coaches will need time to teach the new workforce exactly what they want to do and how to do it well.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I've got a workforce of a dozen people all well aware of what they have to do and they do it very well.  The workforce is suddenly depleted and new workers are brought in, unfortunately they don't know the routine as well as the previous workers so things don't go as smoothly as I would like.

This scenario would happen in any profession so football is no different,  managers and coaches will need time to teach the new workforce exactly what they want to do and how to do it well.

Great scenario Bill, but the depletion of the workforce that worked well, was caused by the management, they shot them selves in the foot so must be held accountable for poor performance, if they hadn't depleted their own workforce their clients would still be happy with the service.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Great scenario Bill, but the depletion of the workforce that worked well, was caused by the management, they shot them selves in the foot so must be held accountable for poor performance, if they hadn't depleted their own workforce their clients would still be happy with the service.

Roberto don't you have the Belgian national side to be looking after?  Is your time best spent on this forum?

2 hours ago, Bill said:

They're not comparable. They've not changed jobs only where they do the same type of work. I'd imagine a check out person to be able to manage the tills any where, maybe take a little time getting used to the new colleagues but they'd still be effective at their job. Our lot look miles off the pace. 

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

In all seriousness, if there's ever a chance of us signing a Costa or Cavani it would be with Koeman managing us- can you imagine them wanting to play under Unsworth or Royle? No disrespect to either of them but they wont attract top players.

Play for Koeman = huge probability

Play for Unsworth = muh

Play for ££££££ = all day long.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

In all seriousness, if there's ever a chance of us signing a Costa or Cavani it would be with Koeman managing us- can you imagine them wanting to play under Unsworth or Royle? No disrespect to either of them but they wont attract top players.

No top top player in their right mind will come to us once they see how we set up against any team which finished above us last season.

12 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

No top top player in their right mind will come to us once they see how we set up against any team which finished above us last season.

They wont come to us full stop but the reasonyou give can be got around by convincing the player he's the piece of the jigsaw to change the way we play. Most top players are egotistical and the chance to have a team moulded around them is the type of thing they like.

If we had a Costa or Cavani we wouldn't set up the way we do now.

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

Course it'll be the till but there is much more chance of Koeman talking a player into coming than Unsworth . 

Shit that but it's a fact.

no it isn't a fact, it is likely the opposite is true.  Why? well think about it  ...  Koeman has nothing to do with transfers  but Unsy has developed under a system where the manager takes responsibility.  Unsy is highly thought of in footballing circles due to his success in younger teams and his amiability.

12 minutes ago, rubecula said:

no it isn't a fact, it is likely the opposite is true.  Why? well think about it  ...  Koeman has nothing to do with transfers  but Unsy has developed under a system where the manager takes responsibility.  Unsy is highly thought of in footballing circles due to his success in younger teams and his amiability.

No it's not Rubes- a high profile player who needs convincing to join- do you think he'll have more respect for Unsworth who has won nothing or Koeman who was a world class player with a bin full of trophies. 

Players of that ilk are egotistical, they'll want to play for a manager they respect and Unsworth isn't that manager.

I don't think koemans stock is that high that means we can attract players that we would under another manager.

The project is more appealing than the manager. Gullit, Barnes, de boer, all big names ..... never necessarily attracted players.   It's the overall ambition of the club and £££ that talks. 

Players are notoriously vocal about managers in closed circles. Be it at international gatherings or whatever. You only need to read auto biographies to see how the players will talk about their managers. 

Unfortunately a big factor is the local area. Many players want london or the South coast. 

9 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Yeah, we are desperate for the top 4, so what's the Everton solution?

Naturally, let's put Unsworth in charge, who has managed one senior level game, and put out a team of Everton youngsters. Oh yeah, that's gonna work. 

Only an Evertonian could suffer such radical delusions.

What is delusional?  Giving a manager who gets the best out of his players and understands the club a shot....

Or persisting with a manager who repeatedly sets up a side that fail like someone who is locked out banging on the door like it's magically going to open..

Personally unsworth may not be the answer but koeman most certainly isn't... not when I see a reaction like this to niasse' goal..

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

What is delusional?  Giving a manager who gets the best out of his players and understands the club a shot....

Or persisting with a manager who repeatedly sets up a side that fail like someone who is locked out banging on the door like it's magically going to open..

Personally unsworth may not be the answer but koeman most certainly isn't... not when I see a reaction like this to niasse' goal..

Should the manager act like a hooligan every time we score a goal? I hear Kenny Dalglish is available...

I've seen plenty of managers from Moyes to Mourinho not celebrate significantly upon the scoring of a goal. You're unreal.

10 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Should the manager act like a hooligan every time we score a goal? I hear Kenny Dalglish is available...

I've seen plenty of managers from Moyes to Mourinho not celebrate significantly upon the scoring of a goal. You're unreal.

Is Duncan acting like a hooligan there? Or is he merely euphoric at watching a player chucked on the scrap heap show the type of passion that we need from an Everton player and bring us back into a game?  Whilst the manager responsible for his abandonment and disgraceful treatment trudges with his hands in his pockets.  When did dalglish act like a hooligan?

Personally I think you are talking crap about moyes and mourinho. Maybe you missed the amount of times mourinho has ruined the knees of his suit by sliding on the pitch or moyes doing his 50 yard stare with both fists clenched. 

Maybe you like managers who act as sanitised and as passionless as the football they serve up. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Is Duncan acting like a hooligan there? Or is he merely euphoric at watching a player chucked on the scrap heap show the type of passion that we need from an Everton player and bring us back into a game?  Whilst the manager responsible for his abandonment and disgraceful treatment trudges with his hands in his pockets.

Personally I think you are talking crap about moyes and mourinho. Maybe you missed the amount of times mourinho has ruined the knees of his suit by sliding on the pitch or moyes doing his 50 yard stare with both fists clenched. 

Maybe you like managers who act as sanitised and as passionless as the football they serve up. 

I personally think you don't understand statistics. You don't think Moyes or Mouninho haven't once NOT celebrated a goal like a hooligan?

I enjoyed Dunc's celebration, though it wasn't befitting of a manager -- More like someone in the lower gwladys.

Maybe I'm not so much of a crank that I criticize everyone for everything. Curious Haf, what do you think of Koeman's dress? Would you prefer him in sweats/trainers like Moyes to show the Working class roots of the city? Or would you rather see him in a three piece suit to give us a classic, respectful look. Or did you like Martinez's brown shoes because it shows us as hip, fashionable, and forward thinking.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I don't think koemans stock is that high that means we can attract players that we would under another manager.

The project is more appealing than the manager. Gullit, Barnes, de boer, all big names ..... never necessarily attracted players.   It's the overall ambition of the club and £££ that talks. 

Players are notoriously vocal about managers in closed circles. Be it at international gatherings or whatever. You only need to read auto biographies to see how the players will talk about their managers. 

Unfortunately a big factor is the local area. Many players want london or the South coast. 

read every interview with every signing we've had since he's been here.  they all say koeman was a massive part of the reason they signed, every one of them.  said he was big time back in the day and know they can learn from him.  how you just decide to ignore facts like this is just mind boggling

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

read every interview with every signing we've had since he's been here.  they all say koeman was a massive part of the reason they signed, every one of them.  said he was big time back in the day and know they can learn from him.  how you just decide to ignore facts like this is just mind boggling

How you ignore the fact that you have spoken of your dismay that all Walsh seems to do is sign English premier league players as opposed to cultured foreign players suggests you either

1. Don't think koeman has attracted the right type of player which voids your comment above

2. Think that he has attracted the right type of player which means you are content with the players he's signed voiding your post in the Walsh thread.

Which one is it?

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Any chance of reconstructing that post? It's Monday and I'm too tired to interpret double negatives in sentances...

Other than that I like my managers to wear clothes that enable them to make logical decisions....