Bournemouth (Home) Saturday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

7 hours ago, yamar said:

Pickford

Martinez.   Jags.   Holgate.    Baines

Lennon.      Gana.  Davies.      Mirallas

DCL.       Niasse  

Subs. Rooney, sigs, Klasson, stek, Schneid, Williams, Keane  

There's as much chance of Niasse playing as Donald Trump winning the Gandhi Award for humility.

18 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

There's as much chance of Niasse playing as Donald Trump winning the Gandhi Award for humility.

It's wrong though. He proves himself in the under 23's, gets his chance in the cup, scores again... He's match fit and had rest time.... No reason why he shouldn't start.

Plus the others arnt pulling up any trees last time I looked.

There's clearly a difference of opinion on TT as to whether Koeman should and/or will rotate significantly the starting lineup, now that we've finally had a good match performance by a number of players.  I am in the camp which thinks he will and should do so, as we are in the middle of 4 matches in 12 days, starting with Sunderland.

Many of Koeman's first-choice players this season didn't play a single minute against Sunderland: Pickford, Rooney, Baines, Sigurdsson, Gana, Schneiderlin.  I'll guess all of these will start.  I don't prefer the 2-DCM formation for this match, but it's Koeman's default pairing, so I'll guess he defaults back to it for Bournemouth.  I'll guess Jagielka will start, and that Koeman will rest one or both of Williams and Keane.

I'll guess that Koeman will start, at most, 3 players who played 90 minutes on Wednesday night: Holgate, Kenny, and Davies if it's 4 at the back.

So, if 4 at the back .....

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jagielka Baines

Gana       Schneiderlin

Davies      Rooney    Sigurdsson

DCL

Subs - Stekelenburg, Sandro, Niasse, Klaassen, Vlasic, Besic, Keane

If 3 at the back .....

Pickford

Holgate     Keane      Jagielka

Martina Gana Schneiderlin Baines

Rooney      Sigurdsson

DCL

Subs - Stekelenburg, Davies, Sandro, Niasse, Klaassen, Vlasic, Besic

Although I'd like to see Mirallas on the bench, it appears he may be in Koeman's doghouse, deservedly or not.  I'd also like to see Lennon on the bench, but I don't know whom Koeman would leave out.  I think yesterday Koeman said, "I have 29 players."  So a few players wouldn't even make the bench for this match, no matter the alignment.

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Absolutely no way we should be playing 2 DMs at home against Bournemouth.  Either Gana or Schneiderlin and one of Davies or Klassen sitting centrally

Exactly, no disrespect to Bournemouth but playing 2 defensive midfielders, means that they just get in each others way and we lack attacking options. 

Pickford

Holgate  Williams  Jagielka  Baines

Davies    Schneiderlin

Sigurdsson  Rooney  Vlasic

Calvert-Lewin

Still worry about width and pace but I don't see him not playing Sig and Rooney. There's a case for Lookman, Mirallas or Lennon down the right and then choose between Sig and Rooney at 10, but I doubt Koeman will even consider that. DCL has to be our number 9 now, a lot to put on him but he's best we've got.

Just keep DCL up top please! If anyone has to be dropped, it will be Sandro. He's not yet up to the pace of the Premiership.

It's a tough one...confidence boosting win over Sunderland...but that team won't quite cut it against Bournemouth...dont want too many changes, but then he kind of has to!!!

On 21/09/2017 at 16:13, markjazzbassist said:

here is my amended lineup now after the Cup match:

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Davies          Gana      Gylfi

Vlasic          DCL        Sandro

Gana the lone sitter and davies and gylfi working hard to create but also track back and defend and press.  width with vlasic sandro.

Jesus your worse than Koeman for chopping and changing, amended is putting very lightly.;)

Sorry Mark couldn't resist.

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If DCL plays it means Rooney drops deep and I really don't want that to happen. If one of them plays then the other one shouldn't be. It also means that if we play 4 at the back we can't play our best midfield 3 of Gana, Schneiderlin and Davies. 

Why not play both of them upfront? 

Two of those three shouldn't even be in the team on current form, well one on form the other in ability. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Why not play both of them upfront? 

Two of those three shouldn't even be in the team on current form, well one on form the other in ability. 

Because thats not how we play and if Rooney isnt leading the line he tends to drop further and further back.

Schneiderlin was brilliant against Utd, as was Davies. Gana was the weak link but game like this are the ones he can dominate. There isnt anyone else fit enough who can play in central midfield better. Schneiderlin deep and Davies and Gana going box to box.