Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Apollon Limassol (Home Europa League Group Stage) Thursday Septemeber 28th

Rooney should've been off for DCL at halftime. Created far better once DCL came on. Vlasic and DCL need to be starting every game until they lose their place.

What a fucking shame. Can't lose another Europa match or we're likely out.

The worst part about this that Atalanta and Lyon drew 1-1 meaning that if we had held onto our lead we'd be in 2nd and going through into the next round. As it stands we're bottom and whilst we're only a point away from going through it feels like a massive opportunity missed. How we allowed ourselves to concede from a set-piece so early after Limassol went to 10 men is criminal and Koeman has every right to be feeling pissed off. 

DCL had to score from that header too, it's a free shot unchallenged and on the edge of the six yard box. He's young and I'm not going to get on his back but that simply has to find the back of the net, it's the difference between going through and crashing out. 

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

anyone see the red card?  sounded like it was clear as day.

Shocking mate, looked intentional to me. Stamped on the back of DCL while he was on the floor and cause a bit of a panto. Kudos to the referee for seeing it and sending him on his way. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Brilliant from Vlasic, DCL had to score then 

Vlasic looked fantastic when he came on and has to start against Burnley for me, he scored a goal and should have set one up when DCL missed at the end. I'd have him over our other ''wingers'' any day of the week at the moment. 

At home we should be beating Cyprus club teams 4,5,6 nil. Instead we scrape a draw.  I have lost any faith I had in Koeman, he seems clueless.  He started the wrong team tonight with the wrong tactics. With Niasse not available we only have one striker, DCL, so Koeman has him on the bench!  No wonder we hardly had a shot on goal in the first half.  There is something seriously wrong.

Apollon were the more alert, aggressive team the entire match.  Including on the tying goal, when several of our players were not ready for the free kick.

Now a longshot to make it out of group stage.

Baines and Vlasic played well, DCL a danger but missed a clear chance at the winner.

Unfortunately Williams will probably have to start again Sunday, as Jagielka and Keane are both doubtful.

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Jermaine Jena's has just hit the nail on the head, it's tactically all wrong. Rooney and Sigurdsson need players who will run into space and Koeman is not selecting them

Sandro was designated to run into space. Obviously he didn't performed this evening.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Jermaine Jena's has just hit the nail on the head, it's tactically all wrong. Rooney and Sigurdsson need players who will run into space and Koeman is not selecting them

Yep. And how much are we paying Koeman not to see that? It's actually embarrassing, everyone can see exactly why we are playing so poorly except him.

Keown spot on - Koeman has to take 100 per cent responsibility, he is not using his squad to the best of its ability. 

Exactly. So get him out.

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

Yep. And how much are we paying Koeman not to see that? It's actually embarrassing, everyone can see exactly why we are playing so poorly except him.

Keown spot on - Koeman has to take 100 per cent responsibility, he is not using his squad to the best of its ability. 

Exactly. So get him out.

Yep.....need to gt someone else in before this turns into a real crisis.

What about Ancelotti? 

Well crap.

Typical of us at the moment, could have won, should have won but managed to draw.

The thing I take from the game is that we looked so much better with one defensive midfielder and having Pace on the pitch. We had more options in the final third and much better movement.

I think Holgate played well enough to carry on at center back, he grew as the game went on, yes he got beaten for the header but it was a great ball and a great header.

Kenny played well and must be first choice right back now.

Baines was excellent.

Morgan was great in the second half when he had more options in front of him and didn't have Gana getting in his way.

Siggy was much better this game, some nice passes and movement, again much better in the second half.

Davies was ok, but clearly tired after the last match and needed to come off.

Valasic was great and should have started.

Rooney was up and down, much like his positioning, when he is playing up front he is a thfreat, when he is hunting the ball he is a liability.

Pickford could not be blamed for either goal.

Williams was crap.

Gana was poor, but I think that is because he is pushed forward by Morgan into a role that is not natural to him.

Koeman set them up wrong with Gana and Morgan, but changed things at half time and again when Davies tired.

Totally different when Vlasic and DCL came on.

But, Yeah, it's the same again and again. We can't keep doing this...keep relying on the changes to make the difference, when said players could start. Keep playing so slowly.

Then again, before the game, I thought the players starting had more than enough to do the job. But they didn't. So do I blame the manager or the players? Both really.

We played so much quicker once Vlasic and DCL came on. Before that, it was 3 or 4 touches before passing. Suddenly it was one touch football and moving forward quickly.

The team has it. The quality is there. But it just is not working. Koeman has to see it, or he'll lose his job. He can't just keep doing the same thing in hope that something will magically change.

On a plus note...really pleased to see how many young guys we have that look pretty decent players already.

No pace and yet every game he doesn’t learn?!! He then brings on pace and we look a different team. We were slow all round until DCL and Vlasic came on. I’m fed up of watching. It’s like continual repeats of previous games. I haven’t felt this negative since Mike Walker. 

But I can probably guess the lineup for Sunday 🤐

No excuses for tonight's show.. Aberdeen beat this lot 2-1 at home a couple of rounds ago but got beat over there 2-0. Lots of dirty tactics in Cyprus and a  13000 capacity stadium. Don't forget that even though they are not well known they have played in the group stages of the Europa league 4 years out of the last 7. Must be doing something right. 

16 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Sandro was designated to run into space. Obviously he didn't performed this evening.

How do you know that? I think from watching the team that he was told possession at all costs. If there’s not a 100%  chance of a successful pass forwards go sideways or back. I think that’s what they’re all briefed. All the players look scared to take a chance and I think I can recall only one dribble of note all night. 

13 minutes ago, solway toffee said:

Yep.....need to gt someone else in before this turns into a real crisis.

What about Ancelotti? 

Ancelotti has been sacked because it is well known he does zero coaching and the Bayern players, after feeling like they were working under a manager in Guardiola who wanted to improve them, felt they were getting nothing from him. I think we need a manager who can improve players because a lot of ours look shit.

Breaking News: Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid has made a move for Everton's manager Ronald Koeman. The approach was turned down moments ago. The clubs are disappointed that Everton is not allowing their prized manger to move abroad to enhance his career. Now, Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid has to look elsewhere to recruit a new manager for their U17's shoes and laundry wash section.

Why most of the time we pass the ball back? 

1) Martinez told them so in their dreams?

2) Players are clueless 

3) Players do not want to take responsibilities

4) Koeman, the ego prick's tactics are all wrong!

1 minute ago, xsaint08 said:

Why most of the time we pass the ball back? 

1) Martinez told them so in their dreams?

2) Players are clueless 

3) Players do not want to take responsibilities

4) Koeman, the ego prick's tactics are all wrong!

Sometimes you need to pass back. If nothing is on I don't Mind this. Something everton fans can't get there head around. If they play a ball forward for the same of it and lose it they get booed. If they play it back they get booed. We can't boo for booing sake. The players are clueless at the minute but some of our supporters are even more clueless. 

It's all about the set up. And fault lies with Koeman. Players can't go bad overnight. All our number 10's were match winning players at there old clubs. 

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Sometimes you need to pass back. If nothing is on I don't Mind this. Something everton fans can't get there head around. If they play a ball forward for the same of it and lose it they get booed. If they play it back they get booed. We can't boo for booing sake. The players are clueless at the minute but some of our supporters are even more clueless. 

It's all about the set up. And fault lies with Koeman. Players can't go bad overnight. All our number 10's were match winning players at there old clubs. 

Well said ... The players cannot turn rotten in few months, unless the manager screws up and does not play to their abilities ... As for back pass, I can accept occasional back passes, but recent times, we are seeing plenty , I meant plenty of back passes . Primarily because the players are clueless and do not know how to move the ball from defence to attack..in all, Koeman is a lunatic captain of our ship ..

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Gana isn't playing a DM tonight. He is the link, and he is doing it very well. He has been involved in everything we have done.

even Pete will see he has been our most creative player so far.

3 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

I don't think Pete actually sees him at all.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Thank fuck it's not just me that sees it! Bar one bad pass hes been my MOTM so far

Don't know what game you were watching. We set out to play short clever football, he slowed down everything and kept playing people into danger. He was that bad even his daddy subbed him.