IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Sunday October 1st

markjazzbassist

There's a problem with being a grammar nazi, though: If ever you make a mistake, hundreds are waiting to point it out.

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

We may as well take to the pitch with ten players, Mirallas is a busted flush.

A full stop, semicolon, or colon would be acceptable after 'players', Mike, but not a comma. :Redcard:

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't pick on people really (semi colon) I'm extremely selective. I only do it with people who I know (or think) will take it in the right spirit; correcting all grammatical errors on here would mean employing someone full time:lol:. I have no contrition. I'll continue to dish it out selectively as I always have; and I'll quite happily take it back and laugh at myself when I err (as I have done above:)).

Now fuck offf (of+offf=2xoffB)).

Even though every phrase in your paragraph began with 'I'?

Mark: If you hadn't used "hence why", we'd never be in this mess. :)

What was this thread about again? :huh:

21 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

You know we are not in form when the topics devolve into grammar discussions.

Who asked for your opinion:mad:?

Burnley? Worried. I was going to London for the day with my brother to visit my grandfather's grave which until recently we didn't know existed (he died in 1940 and my mum had no idea what happened to him but my bro recently tracked him down); but the weather forecast is crap so we've postponed and will have to suffer the agony of watching:unsure:.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Who asked for your opinion:mad:?

Burnley? Worried. I was going to London for the day with my brother to visit my grandfather's grave which until recently we didn't know existed (he died in 1940 and my mum had no idea what happened to him but my bro recently tracked him down). But the weather forecast is crap so we've postponed and will have to suffer the agony of watching:unsure:.

The shit weather will be better. Brave it. 

The weather will be bad here, too: Instead of being sunny and in the 80s, it's going to be sunny and in the 70s. We might even have to wear long sleeves!!!

I'm really not sure what to expect this weekend. My hope is that Koeman will learn from reviewing the first half of most recent games and start out with a different approach. My fear, though, is that he'll make two mistakes: start with both Schneiderlin and Gueye in midfield, and swing the pendulum too far the other way by starting Niasse. Instead, I'd really like to see Matt's starting lineup, with Besic replacing Schneiderlin and Niasse replacing Sandro in the second half. We need to really go for it; enough of this aimless passing the ball around in our own half.

I am  at Goodison for the match on Sunday and the weather is supposed to be foul, then again its supposed to be crap in London too. I hope,  expect , demand that Koeman learns from the mistakes of previous games and does the following:

1) Play's either Gana or Morgan in midfield.

2) Play's Vlasic out wide so we have pace.

3) Play's Siggy behined the striker(s) so he can find space and use his skills.

4) Stop the players clogging up the midfield and get them to stretch the opposition, if that mens dropping Rooney then do it.

5) Use his experience and skill to motivate the players to play with freedom and confidence. 

Pickford

Kenny            Holgate          Williams         Baines

Davies           Morgan

Vlasic                        Siggy                     Sandro

DCL