markjazzbassist

Pickford

Kenny               Holgate            Jags (if fit)           Baines

Morgan     

Davies            Siggy

Vlasic                                                         Lookman

DCL

With Siggy pushing forward to play as a number 10

Pace, width, and energy, three things we have been lacking - probably wont happen tho.

Pciford

Martina             Jags (if fit)        Williams         Baines

Morgan      Gana

Siggy                Rooney          Vlasic

DCL

Is how we will probably line up - damn it!!

This could be the pivotal game in our season so far lose this and we could find ourselves in a early relegation battle, if we lose nobody is going to fear playing us we will be seen as an easy three points.

We need a team selection that is going to attack and take the game to them, I fear we will get the usual defensive set up where we just try to contain and hopefully score with one of our three or four opportunities and win the game 1-0, the implications to this game are massive to us win or lose, win it buys us a bit of space and time to help the team gel and breeds a confidence, lose and we will be in free fall.

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

A win tomorrow and we're only 3 points behind, Chelsea, Arsenal and some other shit team! We can salvage this start with a few good results.

A voice of reason.

would anyone complain if we were 6th in 3 weeks time? Not counting wins before we get them but it is viable. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

We can salvage this start with a few good results.

We can indeed; sadly I'm not holding my breath. I'm not expecting anything more than a point tomorrow and we'll only get that if we see some improvement; if we don't get any we'll be beaten.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We can indeed; sadly I'm not holding my breath. I'm not expecting anything more than a point tomorrow and we'll only get that if we see some improvement; if we don't get any we'll be beaten.

I don't like the saying but the first goal is crucial. Get an early goal and I'd like to think a bit of confidence will come back

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

A win tomorrow and we're only 3 points behind, Chelsea, Arsenal and some other shit team! We can salvage this start with a few good results.

True, but the quality of the performances is more of a concern than points and where we are in the table. It's not like we've looked as if we're just a resounding victory away from going on a good run. We're playing like a team that doesn't know how to win.

What I want to see......

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Keane Baines

Davies Schneiderlin

Lookman Sigi Mirallas

DCL

What I think we'll get......

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Gana Schneiderlin

Vlasic Rooney Sigi

DCL

Ho hum.

The more I look at our squad I believe we'll always be dissapointed with the initial line up. This isn't because of the mams choices but he has bought similar players do we're never gonna see any major change in formation or how we want to play.

If we are energetic from the beginning and come away with any, even a lucky, win, I’ll be somewhere between pleased and relieved.

A draw or a loss, and I’ll blame Koeman’s puzzling commitment to his 2-DCM system.  We need goals, the extra attacker.  Gana gets forward, but is neither creator nor shotmaker.

We need the emotional energy that comes from scoring a goal.  Gana’s energy does not - has not so far this season - energize our offense.

5 minutes ago, yamar said:

No fucking Lookman... We are going to say bye bye to an outstanding prospect come January just because of that ginger tosser.

Him and Barkley probably. Possibly both to Spurs, where Pochettino will coach them both into top class players. 

I believe you can be too tactically stagnated in games. Not to try anything too fresh or take matters into your own hands when back against the walls.

I think Koeman does not let players express themselves.

We need players like Kevin Mirallas on the pitch at this moment in time. He doesn't give a shit.... Although this is somewhat detrimental to the club in the long term. In the short, he can pull things out the hat on the pitch cause he doesn't conform to type.

Same with Lookman,same with bolasie... Chance takers. These are the players we are missing.