IGNORED

New Ownership Incoming?

Chach

Usmanov?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would we want to be owned by a Russian oligarch?

• Yes
    • No
    • Trophies
    • How much for Ageuro?

Word is that Usmanov has received an offer for his Arsenal shares and he is considering it. 

Always seemed odd that Moshiri only purchased 49.9% of the club and USM sponsorship of Finch Farm felt like a sneaky way to channel funds into the club, question is do we want to be owned by a Russian oligarch? 

Usmanov has a decent track record at Arsenal, it wouldn't be like some unknown Russian billionaire coming out of the woodwork. If he came in for a partnership with Morishi, I don't think it would be a bad thing and would give us some additional financial clout.

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Nobody else would buy them, because if they did they would be in the same position Usmanov is in right now

His only realistic way out is to sell to Kroenke

It depends, if they want to take control of the club as Usmanov did then you are right, but not everyone wants to go that route.   

It depends, if they want to take control of the club as Usmanov did then you are right, but not everyone wants to go that route.   

He hasn’t even got a seat on the board, he has zero say in the running of the club. Who is going to throw £30m in to a black hole and have nothing to show for it?

........ waits for someone to say Steve Walsh or Ronald Koeman

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Nope but he will sell to someone else.

On what basis when all we have to go from is "someone has bid for his shares" when in recent times the man himself has said he won't sell 

The someone is Kroenke BTW so no he won't sell, not anytime soon and as Dunc logically put why would someone spunk all that money on being Kroenke's side chick 

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He hasn’t even got a seat on the board, he has zero say in the running of the club. Who is going to throw £30m in to a black hole and have nothing to show for it?

........ waits for someone to say Steve Walsh or Ronald Koeman

a smart investor.  the value of the club is rising and will only rise, pay 30 now, cash out in 20 years for 300 million.  its called inflation.

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

a smart investor.  the value of the club is rising and will only rise, pay 30 now, cash out in 20 years for 300 million.  its called inflation.

If the tenfold increase is due to a tenfold increase in inflation then said smart investor would've made no profit whatsoever in real terms over the twenty years because the money they get back will be worth the same as the money they put in. That's definitely not smart investing.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

If the tenfold increase is due to a tenfold increase in inflation then said smart investor would've made no profit whatsoever in real terms over the twenty years because the money they get back will be worth the same as the money they put in. That's definitely not smart investing.

sorry mike i didn't clarify.  inflation stipulates it will increase over time.  new TV deals, emirates, etc. stipulate it will rise a lot more than that.  they're not going to get relegated.  i'd say its as sure of an investment as there is.  look at NBA owners, one paid 85 mil in 1993, just got 2.2 billion.  sports teams are great investments as long as you're not relegated

58 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

On what basis when all we have to go from is "someone has bid for his shares" when in recent times the man himself has said he won't sell 

The someone is Kroenke BTW so no he won't sell, not anytime soon and as Dunc logically put why would someone spunk all that money on being Kroenke's side chick 

Usmanov will sell to whoever wants to buy them. He knows he will never get on the board, and never take over the club.

If someone else buys them it probably wont be to take over the club as has been stated Kronkite will never allow it, it will be for investment as Arsenal make money, and / or for prestige. 

2 hours ago, Chach said:

Did he though, or was he just telling Kroenke how much he valued the club at (his own shares at)?

He tried to buy the club, he has been trying for some time, a civil war that he lost. His last attempt included a broadside at the end of the season on the running of the club in an attempt to get momentum for a change. He failed. It was his last throw of the dice.

50 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He tried to buy the club, he has been trying for some time, a civil war that he lost. His last attempt included a broadside at the end of the season on the running of the club in an attempt to get momentum for a change. He failed. It was his last through of the dice.

Yep and he even said as much after it was over. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yep and he even said as much after it was over. 

Yeah, I for one always announce every aspect of my play after a big hand of poker.

Not really.

Sometimes I do though, but I'm lying.

Sometimes I am telling the truth.

Only I know though, everyone else's opinion is speculation.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

He tried to buy the club, he has been trying for some time, a civil war that he lost. His last attempt included a broadside at the end of the season on the running of the club in an attempt to get momentum for a change. He failed. It was his last through of the dice.

Yeah he had for some time, the difference this time is he had previously dispatched* his BFF to buy another club in the "Hollywood of Football"

*Or Mosh just fancied owning his own club, this seems less likely to me. I am not even sure he knows what he's doing or even likes football.

Just now, Chach said:

Yeah he had for some time, the difference this time is he had previously dispatched* his BFF to buy another club in the "Hollywood of Football"

*Or Mosh just fancied owning his own club, this seems less likely to me. I am not even sure he knows what he's doing or even likes football.

Moshiri was a shareholder at Arsenal for years then spent millions of pounds buying Everton, he comes to our  home matches, so yeah I would say he likes football.

I agree with you though that they work as a team and it is likely that Usmaov will be joining us, I think Moshiri was his point man.