IGNORED

New Ownership Incoming?

Chach

Usmanov?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would we want to be owned by a Russian oligarch?

• Yes
    • No
    • Trophies
    • How much for Ageuro?

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41503695

Bit of a caveat in there though...

"...if a party appears who shares my and undoubtedly the majority of fans' vision for the club, I could consider the question of selling my stake."

The share price both are offering each other is significantly below what they get if they sold to the third party consortium that's in the mix too. Likely to drag on with the size of the egos involved.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, holystove said:

Not sure I want this to happen.  Another Russian billionaire who made his money in a shady way, and who in current climate could be forced to leave the West/UK (see Abramovich), taking bulk of his money with him.

Moshiri money is good enough for me.

if he goes back to Russia we will still have Moshiri anyway, so why not make hay while the sun shines,  if he stays ,great,  if not, it is still ok.

3 hours ago, holystove said:

Not sure I want this to happen.  Another Russian billionaire who made his money in a shady way, and who in current climate could be forced to leave the West/UK (see Abramovich), taking bulk of his money with him.

Moshiri money is good enough for me.

Moshiri got his money from Usmanov.

2 hours ago, Makis said:

Moshiri got his money from Usmanov.

This.

I'm curious as to the source of Usmanov's money - I assume he got all of it during the privatizations of the 90's post USSR like most of the other billionaires. 

He claims that he didn't participate in any of the share auctions of these privatizations, of which many were rigged/bribed and thus billionaires made and politicians paid off. Not sure if I believe him, or even if that's true, that the methods used weren't another form of corruption/theft. It's an inevitable problem in a country privatizing all of its state owned assets with a poor citizenry - the only people with access to resources to acquire are the government, those who are in bed with said government officials, or foreigners with pooled capital. What a mess Russia and that part of the world is. Makes me thankful to live in a much more fair society.

45 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not everyone is willing to sell their soul to the devil. I’m another who would prefer this didn’t happen. Without doubt, it would hurt us down the road. 

Ever been to school the day after losing a derby? Worried about relagation? Been walking down Bullens road holding my Dads hand thinking this is our last premier league game for at least a year (actually a nice memory now I can look back). Me and plenty of lads in our 20s and 30s have, I’m about ready for a day in the sun. 

It’s not been easy watching nice Everton, ruthless Everton would be nice. That starts from the top.

But hey, I’m sure them Chelsea and City fans could have found a way to enjoy the league titles a little bit more knowing their owners were clean. 

who says Usmanov is not clean anyway?  I have not heard anybody provide evidence either way, and judging how American owners have damaged good sides in the past, I think he (Usmanov) has a long way to fall if he has to damage a club and it's reputation.

Please lads do not let the opinions of the jealous redshites and the more vocal of their supporters affect how you support our wonderful club.

Hasn’t  Arsenal been regarded as one of the best run clubs financially for a number of years now? I thought that would show that although his I flue eve is t what he wants it to be, it’s still very positive.

Not every billionaire is a crook. Or should we be getting rid of Moshiri as well?

12 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

This.

I'm curious as to the source of Usmanov's money - I assume he got all of it during the privatizations of the 90's post USSR like most of the other billionaires. 

He claims that he didn't participate in any of the share auctions of these privatizations, of which many were rigged/bribed and thus billionaires made and politicians paid off. Not sure if I believe him, or even if that's true, that the methods used weren't another form of corruption/theft. It's an inevitable problem in a country privatizing all of its state owned assets with a poor citizenry - the only people with access to resources to acquire are the government, those who are in bed with said government officials, or foreigners with pooled capital. What a mess Russia and that part of the world is. Makes me thankful to live in a much more fair society.

He's made the vast majority of his money since 2007 onwards (£2.7bn to £14bn est) 

The vast majority of billionaire's are corrupt businessmen with their hands in various shady pie's, would people shun Bill Gates's money? A man that has avoided paying mindbogglingly large tax bills via "aid illusion" nope I'm pretty sure we wouldn't you can find "moral" negatives with them all 

I couldn't care less where the money is coming from the man has far to many connections and is far to powerful to be simply thrown out of the UK and everything he's attached to crumble in the process

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

Hasn’t  Arsenal been regarded as one of the best run clubs financially for a number of years now? I thought that would show that although his I flue eve is t what he wants it to be, it’s still very positive.

Not every billionaire is a crook. Or should we be getting rid of Moshiri as well?

Bill is the biggest crook of the lot... We still dont know where that Arteta money has gone!? 😂

On the positive side, I actually spoke to Russian friends and they give Usmanov a clean bill of financial health. Also, I mentioned in the past that I met Moshiri years ago in a business context and he’s a hard-working professional. My earlier hesitation was because I’ve done a lot of business in Russia and know the reality of the situation. I’m not asking people to be angels, but there are basic essentials. Reputation matters, and it seems Usmanov passes the smell test. I take back my earlier comment. 

I would argue the majority of Billionaires in the world have crossed over the ethical lines of right and wrong.

Let's not start getting all righteous about things he may or may not have done to get where he is, because if he's not supporting us it will be someone else.

And after all we are the supporters of the club we were destined to be Evertonians for what ever reason, we don't have control on who owns us but who ever it is we want them to believe like we do and have the financial clout to invest.

17 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

On the positive side, I actually spoke to Russian friends and they give Usmanov a clean bill of financial health. Also, I mentioned in the past that I met Moshiri years ago in a business context and he’s a hard-working professional. My earlier hesitation was because I’ve done a lot of business in Russia and know the reality of the situation. I’m not asking people to be angels, but there are basic essentials. Reputation matters, and it seems Usmanov passes the smell test. I take back my earlier comment. 

Football and money is a pretty sorry tale all round. But why should you stop loving a game because it attracts greedy leeches? You can't even avoid it at lower levels, I watched that gangster twat Steve Vaughan dry bum Chester City out of existence.