IGNORED

2018 World Cup

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I want Ireland to win so Seamus gets to go, and Shane Duffy also (should we have kept him? Brighton have conceded exactly half as many league goals as us this season).

I've always felt that Duffy is underrated. He's limited, yes; but he's a classic center-half that gets the job done. You want a big guy like him on set pieces.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

I want Ireland to win so Seamus gets to go, and Shane Duffy also (should we have kept him? Brighton have conceded exactly half as many league goals as us this season).

Absolutely annihilated. 

If I had a heart I’d probably give a shit. As it is I don’t, so I think it’s brilliant that Keane and O’Neill got fucked big time. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolutely annihilated. 

If I had a heart I’d probably give a shit. As it is I don’t, so I think it’s brilliant that Keane and O’Neill got fucked big time. 

Don't get too excited as they could be sacked in the morning and that's 2 more managers to add to our shortlist!

47 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Jedinak hat trick and Aussies are through.  i'm hoping Peru wins tonight, i imagine they have a strong advantage, playing at high altitude at home and new zealand has the travel jet lag.

Mixed feelings here. Love a small, random (non-footballing nation) like New Zealand to make it through, but Peru has some actual quality and it's been a long time since they've qualified. If it were a WC regular from CONMEBOL, I'd firmly support New Zealand, but I'm indifferent about this one.

Scoring draw will be very tough for NZ, but would see them through.

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Jedinak hat trick and Aussies are through.  i'm hoping Peru wins tonight, i imagine they have a strong advantage, playing at high altitude at home and new zealand has the travel jet lag.

Think they took the last one off him and gave it as an own goal.

Cahill got about 65 mins - surely he can't be running still for the next World Cup 🤔

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Think they took the last one off him and gave it as an own goal.

Cahill got about 65 mins - surely he can't be running still for the next World Cup 🤔

He'll go, no doubt. Probably more for motivation and leadership in the dressing room and the bench than a starter though

1 hour ago, Matt said:

He'll go, no doubt. Probably more for motivation and leadership in the dressing room and the bench than a starter though

I think he will be there as well. There's just something about him when he plays for us and to be fair to him, he keeps himself in good shape.

39 at the World Cup I think - I'm 24 and crumble with a bad back after playing one half of football these days 😑

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Bit out of order this.

And Peru won 2-0.

Jets, fireworks, and lasers pointed at the NZ players. Absolutely hope that Peru go home with zero points, bottom of their group.

If their fans are going to act like animals against a relative minnow like New Zealand, I wish them nothing but embarrassment. 

18 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Jets, fireworks, and lasers pointed at the NZ players. Absolutely hope that Peru go home with zero points, bottom of their group.

If their fans are going to act like animals against a relative minnow like New Zealand, I wish them nothing but embarrassment. 

Not heard about the lasers. As the government/military were obviously involved (jets) I think they should be thrown out and NZ put through.

20 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I hate to say this, but the South American fan football culture has a "dirty" feel to it. I know that every country has a terrible fan here and there, but...

...you catch my drift.

4 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I hate to say this, but the South American fan football culture has a "dirty" feel to it. I know that every country has a terrible fan here and there, but...

...you catch my drift.

Mirrored on the pitch sadly; if a player dives or cheats in some other way successfully they are feted rather than condemned. Hate to "racial stereotype" but it does seem to be the case.

51 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

...you catch my drift.

If you have to play Galatasaray, Fenerbace or any other Turkish team in the Europa or Champions League, you can expect the same treatment.  Used to be true for Olympiakos and Panathinaikos as well.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

We'll get knocked out whoever we play so I'm not overly bothered.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

This

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Ah, the world cup draw is on Friday. Wish I could care. 

ok guys, I get it haha. Ill refrain from posting about the world cup in the future...