IGNORED

2018 World Cup

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

Remember that and asterix & obelix being my ventures from the library as a youngster. 

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Brilliant stuff those.

Ever seen the terrible (and thankfully short-lived) British version in Valiant? Little Fred and Big Ed? 

56 minutes ago, Formby said:

Character-based, gentle humour but very profound in its way. As an adult, I often flick through and find it still resonates.

Absolutely, it was one of those rare things (like Asterix) that you could get stuff from both as a kid and a grown-up. Very clever.

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Ha, just remembered this picture containing me from around 1980 wearing a Charlie Brown sweatshirt; you can't see it but it said, "Good grief". He was on his baseball mound (OK so it was a bad hair day-but at least I had some:().

H01o6BM.jpg

Good grief, indeed! :D

6 minutes ago, johnh said:

MikeO,  who were the girls with, they look out of your league!:D

Two Kiwis (and they were). Either side of me are my brothers and the girl next to Mark (on my right) was his girlfriend, and still friend, Tracy. Next to her is her kid sister Trudi, who was a stunner but never showed the slightest interest in me for some reason:dontknow:. Sad note though is that she became anorexic and died from it earlier this year, was a real loss.

Talksport today talking about Joe Hart possibly being dropped by Moyes which would mean he would likely lose out on going the world cup.

I think there are much better keepers than him about now, after seeing him this season back in the Prem its clear to see he isn't good enough anymore.

For me Pickford, Butland and Forster are the 3 I'd be looking at taking to the WC, I'd even say Heaton (depending on how is performs after his injury) and Nick Pope should be ahead of Hart now.

3 hours ago, aaron said:

Talksport today talking about Joe Hart possibly being dropped by Moyes which would mean he would likely lose out on going the world cup.

I think there are much better keepers than him about now, after seeing him this season back in the Prem its clear to see he isn't good enough anymore.

For me Pickford, Butland and Forster are the 3 I'd be looking at taking to the WC, I'd even say Heaton (depending on how is performs after his injury) and Nick Pope should be ahead of Hart now.

Haven' seen enough of Butland but Id pick Hart ahead of Forster. My nan has quicker reactions than him! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
FIFA has reported the 2018 FIFA World Cup 36-man arbitrators and partner officials list which incorporate 2 refs from master board . FIFA are likewise pushing for video partner arbitrators (VARs) to be a piece of 2018 World Cup however that will be chosen in March 2018 which needs endorsement from The International Football Association Board (The IFAB). Arbitrators on the planet glass last rundown originates from all parts of the world, UEFA has 10 names, while CONMEBOL and CONCACAF has 6 authorities each. The following is the full rundown of match authorities declared up until this point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43487948

Complete rubbish Boris. Hitler used 1936 to showcase "Aryian superiority" and was largely "successful" in that (Jesse Owens aside) because Germany topped the medal table by a street; the Russian football team is, in contrast, shit.

Also, despite the fact that Putin is a crook and a killer, comparisons with Adolf are absurd.