IGNORED

2018 World Cup

4 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Still wet and windy in Sweden. Its also very dark. I have not seen the sun since the end of October. Need to fill up on my vitamin C. 

even in cold and wet cleveland it was sunshine and 66 degrees fahrenheit yesterday.  when i was a kid i would have had 3 feet of snow by now and people bitching about why do they still live here.  global climate change is made up though guys, totally not real.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:18, EFC-Paul said:

Hard to look past France tbh they have a fantastic squad the depth is akin to what Germany and Spain have had over recent years 

6/1 isn't to be sniffed at if you fancy a dabble 

They have the best squad by far, the choice of strikers they can take is unbelievable - Griezmann, Mbappe, Martial, Benzema, Giroud, Gingac, Demeble, Lacazette, Gameiro

Then the midfield - Bakayoko, Payet, Kante, Matuidi, Rabiot, Kondogbia, Sidibe, Pogba, Coman, Lemar.

The defence isn't bad either - Laportem Varane, Umtiti, Mendy, Koscuelny, Zouma, Digne.

I'll be backing them to win it.

As do I, genius Mr Shultz. Had 20/30 books of the cartoons back in the day!
I had a Peanuts book as well as a kid, and there was a strip in it that I remember reading and then crying with laughter. I wish I could locate that book (or remember the strip)! All I remember is that it was colored baby blue and maybe half an inch thick.

Good childhood memories.

3 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:
11 minutes ago, Peter H said:
Germany, Mexico, Sweden and South Korea. Not a bad little group. Sweden is going to build a defensive wall and Mexico will pay for it. 

As a USA fan, I need Sweden to destroy Mexico. I wish Zlatan would be there.

I honestly dont. Zlatan is hands down the best striker Sweden has produced (with some competition from Henrik Larsson) but sweden play better as a team without Ibrahimovic. 

I like the new gutsy Sweden. Beat France, knocked out the Netherlands and Italy. 

I honestly dont. Zlatan is hands down the best striker Sweden have had (with some competition from Henrik Larsson) but sweden play better as a team without Ibrahimovic. 
I like the new gutsy Sweden. Beat France, knocked out the Netherlands and Italy. 
But... you can't help but love Zlatan. Probably my all-time favorite player behind Donovan of course.

41 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:
42 minutes ago, Peter H said:
I honestly dont. Zlatan is hands down the best striker Sweden have had (with some competition from Henrik Larsson) but sweden play better as a team without Ibrahimovic. 

But... you can't help but love Zlatan. Probably my all-time favorite player behind Donovan of course.

I agree, fantastic player and a cool character.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

As do I, genius Mr Shultz. Had 20/30 books of the cartoons back in the day!

Yes, he was. I kept all mine, luckily. Character-based, gentle humour but very profound in its way. As an adult, I often flick through and find it still resonates. Sad to tell, I have become more like Charlie Brown than I imagined I would be!