IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

Unsworth for me. 

What's the worst that can happen? Give him a chance and let's see what he can do. If he can get the team playing proper football and we climb out of this hole, then maybe give him a transfer window.

lets face it, apparently Koeman doesn't have much to do with transfers in any case.

Unsworth makes me curious. With Royle aiding him.

There's something about that that feels right, probably just football romance. But also a huge massive risk...as if Koeman does go, it means we are at the wrong end of the table.

Can we really afford to give a relative newbie the reigns in such a position?

Very risky.

I'm not voting though.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pretty much the way I feel about it. I’ve always had a good feeling about Unsworth - he comes across very well in interviews, he seems to know what he’s talking about, he’s blue-blooded, and winning is his first, second and third thought. I just worry it may be too soon for him and it’d destroy his future career if it went tits up. 

Me too. I like the way he sets up his teams too. 

I think that why a caretaker type role might be worthwhile. Maybe give him 6 games, see how it goes, if its working, keep it going for 10 more games and go from there. If he proves himself, give him the job. 

It's not really worked for Shakespeare at Leicester so far this season but it did last year. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Me too. I like the way he sets up his teams too. 

I think that why a caretaker type role might be worthwhile. Maybe give him 6 games, see how it goes, if its working, keep it going for 10 more games and go from there. If he proves himself, give him the job. 

It's not really worked for Shakespeare at Leicester so far this season but it did last year. 

He seems like a real man manager too, which Koeman is not. I think the players are craving that type of management.

Unsy would have to be assistant to whoever could come in, I think giving him the job of managing might be a mistake. short term it would work but long term I think it could go along the lines of Shakespeare at Leicester, get him in under a proven manager like ancelotti, learn from him, hopefully get the club into a position where we are regularly breaking into the champions league and winning a cup etc then he could take over, plenty of time for him.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

If we appoint Unsworth on a permanent basis it’ll end in tears- to step in until we get a top class manager fair enough but not on a full time basis for me- he’s not ready. You only have to look at Stubbs to see that there is a massive difference between U23 and first team management.

But Stubbsy  is as thick as pig shit in comparison to Unsy.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

If we appoint Unsworth on a permanent basis it’ll end in tears- to step in until we get a top class manager fair enough but not on a full time basis for me- he’s not ready. You only have to look at Stubbs to see that there is a massive difference between U23 and first team management.

Stubbs was/is just shit. He was never going to do anything in the game.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Would anyone want Ranieri? Just curious and not sur how I'd react if I'm honest 

He is at Nantes, hasn't been there long so wouldn't come here anyway.

Big Carlo is my choice, again, highly doubtful we would land him. We'll end up with Big Sam, at least then we wouldn't be relegated!

Unsworth I don't think is ready for a Premier League team, yes he's done very well with the U23's but that is a huge difference to the Prem. Need someone to come in a steady this slowly sinking ship, someone with experience.