IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Headline says he rules it out but nowhere in the article does he rule it out; he says exactly what you'd expect him to say..

“I read in the press and heard people talking, but I am happy here. I am concentrating on this, I don’t like to talk about rumours.

“The reality, obviously, is that my family is in Liverpool, but my past was Liverpool [Football Club]. Everton is a great club.

“I’m not saying I’m interested, I’m saying I’m happy here and want to concentrate on Newcastle and try to do my best here.”

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Headline says he rules it out but nowhere in the article does he rule it out; he says exactly what you'd expect him to say..

“I read in the press and heard people talking, but I am happy here. I am concentrating on this, I don’t like to talk about rumours.

“The reality, obviously, is that my family is in Liverpool, but my past was Liverpool [Football Club]. Everton is a great club.

“I’m not saying I’m interested, I’m saying I’m happy here and want to concentrate on Newcastle and try to do my best here.”

Exactly as I read it..... you could actually put the title as "Benitez refuses to rule out a move to "great club" Everton"

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Exactly as I read it..... you could actually put the title as "Benitez refuses to rule out a move to "great club" Everton"

I'd love him here top class manager could really move us forward, unfortunately though can't see it happening.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

When he was with the shite.

I thought it might have been I would expect the same from any of our managers talking about them, that's gamesmanship and par for the course.

Still think he would do well here, eye for a player, good tactics and good man manager, everything Koeman never had.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Did rafa actually say that we are a  small club???

Being sarcastic.... I know he said it (got a decent memory thanks).. he also later said that he did it from frustration at us being small time playing for a nil nil.... I actually get that... truth hurts.

Under moyes we did turn up at top  4 grounds like a tony pulis side... hence zero wins at an away top 4  groins in his time. 

Maybe the "11 more years" shout at anfield under moyes last derby didn't hurt enough Everton fans. 

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

IF Silva is Moshiri's no1 choice and we do try to pry him away from Watford then he will go up in my estimations as the ambitious type with vision we've wanted at the helm for years 

He isn't the big name some would want but you can tell the man is destined for big things and he's done brilliantly thus far.... Definitely a man that could grow with the club 

15 hours ago, hafnia said:

Did rafa actually say that we are a  small club???

Being sarcastic.... I know he said it (got a decent memory thanks).. he also later said that he did it from frustration at us being small time playing for a nil nil.... I actually get that... truth hurts.

Under moyes we did turn up at top  4 grounds like a tony pulis side... hence zero wins at an away top 4  groins in his time. 

Maybe the "11 more years" shout at anfield under moyes last derby didn't hurt enough Everton fans. 

I agree is small club piss take was more a statement expressing we had a small club mentality to go into a game with the sole ambition of getting a 0-0 in a derby game that's a poor mentality to have and he pulled Moyes on it.

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

IF Silva is Moshiri's no1 choice and we do try to pry him away from Watford then he will go up in my estimations as the ambitious type with vision we've wanted at the helm for years 

He isn't the big name some would want but you can tell the man is destined for big things and he's done brilliantly thus far.... Definitely a man that could grow with the club 

Yes, we heard all this with Martinez also. Rather get a manager in who is flooded in silverware.

1 hour ago, yamar said:

Yes, we heard all this with Martinez also. Rather get a manager in who is flooded in silverware.

Did we? I certainly never thought so he did well with Wigan that's it 

I think many were happy and slightly gung-ho to get him in due to being suicidal with Moyes, Silva has far more about him than Martinez 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I agree is small club piss take was more a statement expressing we had a small club mentality to go into a game with the sole ambition of getting a 0-0 in a derby game that's a poor mentality to have and he pulled Moyes on it.

Yet some people want moyes back here.... I friggin hated playing away at top 4 under moyes. Embarrassed. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Yet some people want moyes back here.... I friggin hated playing away at top 4 under moyes. Embarrassed. 

We had some great times with Moyes and some bad, but not for me again to much has changed and Moyes has lost his way since leaving us, we need a Mourinho type figure someone who has won things and  knows what is required to win, unfortunately there's not many round like that so I'm getting behind Unsworth cause Allardyce and Dyche aren't options imo, God help us if people of their calibre get the job.

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We had some great times with Moyes and some bad, but not for me again to much has changed and Moyes has lost his way since leaving us, we need a Mourinho type figure someone who has won things and  knows what is required to win, unfortunately there's not many round like that so I'm getting behind Unsworth cause Allardyce and Dyche aren't options imo, God help us if people of their calibre get the job.

Sooner keep unsworth than go dyche or Sam. 

It would be a kick in the balls for unsy to get replaced by them.  At least a manager like silva who has a bit of a track record. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Did we? I certainly never thought so he did well with Wigan that's it 

I think many were happy and slightly gung-ho to get him in due to being suicidal with Moyes, Silva has far more about him than Martinez 

He won the fa cup with, lets face it, a second division side. He got the highest points tally with an everton side.

Some may say it was Moyes's side, but the truth be told, Moyes was incapable of reaching the same points tally with the same side.

Martinez will prove to be a very good manager. You heard it here first.

12 minutes ago, yamar said:

He won the fa cup with, lets face it, a second division side. He got the highest points tally with an everton side.

Some may say it was Moyes's side, but the truth be told, Moyes was incapable of reaching the same points tally with the same side.

Fuck off I've said that before:)

58 minutes ago, yamar said:

He needs to be able to manage a team who have such a strong attack it compensates for the lack of defensive coaching/instructions.

He will do well at belgium no doubt, but he needs to because he hasn't got the capability of coaching a weak team.

2 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

He needs to be able to manage a team who have such a strong attack it compensates for the lack of defensive coaching/instructions.

He will do well at belgium no doubt, but he needs to because he hasn't got the capability of coaching a weak team.

Erm.... he managed Wigan and kept them in the division for far longer than he should and won them a bloody FA Cup. I still remember how easily they battered us enough route to the final. Embarrassing.