IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we could get him and convince both him to take Unsworth as his assistant, we'd have the passion and knowledge of the team with an experienced, winning manager (assuming Unsworth would want to play second fiddle, which he might if he looks to the med-long term)

Perfect scenario. Or as close to perfect as we can get.

Realistic? Who knows.

But I hope the board are calmer than some of our fans who are panicking. We need calm heads as this decision is vital.

Can't believe we find ourselves in this predicament. Really can't.

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Perfect scenario. Or as close to perfect as we can get.

Realistic? Who knows.

But I hope the board are calmer than some of our fans who are panicking. We need calm heads as this decision is vital.

Can't believe we find ourselves in this predicament. Really can't.

I'm really not surprised which is why I'm not panicking yet. It was bound to happen. 

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Even with the influx of too many central players during the summer, I didn't see this being the way!

Seems my other post go lost on my phone...

I did see it coming, it was clear from Koemans actions towards players last season and the mass change; 8 established out and 11 in during his reign. He did the same mistake as Martinez; I did well the first season, now fuck transition, I'm doing it my way. The sheer arrogance of the man was his downfall, but instead of being a stubborn, charismatic man, he was a stubborn bully, and no one works well under a bully

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Seems my other post go lost on my phone...

I did see it coming, it was clear from Koemans actions towards players last season and the mass change; 8 established out and 11 in during his reign. He did the same mistake as Martinez; I did well the first season, now fuck transition, I'm doing it my way. The sheer arrogance of the man was his downfall, but instead of being a stubborn, charismatic man, he was a stubborn bully, and no one works well under a bully

But why was he allowed to make such sweeping changes? Koeman fucked up and has lost his job as a result. But the mess we made of the squad transition is sign of a bigger problem to me. Surely it's Walsh's job to stop that happen? We know have a far inferior squad to the one we had when Walsh arrived. 

14 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Was just going to post this. I don’t want Dyche 😡

Neither do I really.

I don't want us to keep plucking from 'lower' teams in the hope that it works. I'd ideally like us to get an established name.

But are we in that category that can attract such a name? You'd hope so, and money talks at the end of the day! Plenty of good stuff going on on paper, is that enough?

Dyche is the best of the rest I guess. He'd do a job here but I'm not sure he'd do much more. And his style is too safe for what we want.

I'm sure the board are sounding out the higher end targets first.

Dyche has been brilliant for Burnley with their backs to the wall approach however I really don't know how that will transfer to better players and the expectation of not playing for a draw every game. Is he going to be as effective when his team are expected to win and the other side are sitting back? 

I'm really not convinced.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Dyche has been brilliant for Burnley with their backs to the wall approach however I really don't know how that will transfer to better players and the expectation of not playing for a draw every game. Is he going to be as effective when his team are expected to win and the other side are sitting back? 

I'm really not convinced.

This for me, he will steady the ship but I don't think he is the man to take us forward.

I would be happy with Unsworth and a good mentor to guide him at this level were aiming for,  for a season or two, then he takes over fully.

Sean Dyche would need a massive clear out to make his methods work. Look at who he uses at number 10 for a start - nothing like Rooney, Sigurdsson, Klaasen etc. I don't see it being a good fit again, more of the same recruiting without a long term plan. Who would set transfer policy for example, Walsh or Dyche? I'm worried. 

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

Sean Dyche would need a massive clear out to make his methods work. Look at who he uses at number 10 for a start - nothing like Rooney, Sigurdsson, Klaasen etc. I don't see it being a good fit again, more of the same recruiting without a long term plan. Who would set transfer policy for example, Walsh or Dyche? I'm worried. 

Does he even use a number 10?

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Dyche is going to be another Moyes, this isn't what we need, yes maybe short term it is but long term it really isn't. I like Dyche but I don't want him here. We should be aiming higher but unfortunately the position we are in at present moment may deter possible better suitors.

this for me too.  i don't want dyche.  id rather go back to roberto than play punt and run.

If we can’t get silva then dysche is the best out there for me. Granted he isn’t setting my heart racing but I think he is steady and deserves a chance as he has done a great job. He sets his team up to be well organised and plays to their strengths. He is going to be someone who might take that next step up. Players seem to like playing for him so it’s a reluctant yes from me 

17 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and said I've long been a Dyche fan. He can organize a side, gets them to work hard, and has had results with inferior caliber players. 

Will this translate to success at Everton? I don't know. He'll have to play less defensive football here, create a more attacking side, show aptitude in buying higher value players, and set out the team to at least have a chance to win every match. Who knows what ideas he'll have or what he's capable of doing with a better caliber of player. Whenever managers take a step up, it produces varied results, but I would argue the same for managers stepping down (Could Ancelotti manage our side? Much easier to set up Lewandowski, Robben, Ribery)

Poch has been very successful in transitioning from Southampton to Spurs, Brendan Rodgers was mixed results at Liverpool, Moyes was a success then stagnation here, Martinez was a quick success turned calamity here. There are no guarantees, but there aren't guarantees with appointing Unsworth, a man with zero senior management experience, or a foreign manager with zero PL experience, or a manager who hasn't managed any club but a superclub before.

Its a very fair point you've put across, I like Dyche myself but I see too much Moyes in him where short term it will be sound, will sort out the team but long term how far can he go? I can see us becoming a 7th - 10th placed team constantly again. He's arguably the best British coach knocking about granted, but it does worry me that we will be still be "underdogs" with this. This isn't what Everton are aiming for, nor should be settling for (long term, lets just survive this season first!)

If he comes in then he'll have my full support.

I love Unsworth but he is not the answer, knowing the club isn't enough, we need an experienced manager. Its one thing managing a youth team, its completely different managing a whole football club.