IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Why aren't we then.

A season is what it is.

the team that’s on top after one match... isn’t crowned champions. Positions change all through the season depending on what points you and others around take. 

You should know this already to be fair.

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Since when has getting the England job been an indication of success and capability?

Maybe hodgson and southgate help you to understand that point.... maybe I need to throw in McLaren too.

Is it not a step up from Bolton?

Just yes or no would be suffice.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

A season is what it is.

the team that’s on top after one match... isn’t crowned champions. Positions change all through the season depending on what points you and others around take. 

You should know this already to be fair.

I'm not grasping that logic, not saying your wrong just not getting what your saying.

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If they gave big Sam a contract to the end of the season and not 3 or 4 years deal I'd be alright with that on the basis he will make us hard to beat, agreed it won't be pretty but feel sure he will keep us up.

we're not going down!!!! Everyone stop making us relegation fodder. Unsy hasn't even been given a home game yet. He's played the PL champs and current PL champs in his two games.

4 minutes ago, yamar said:

we're not going down!!!! Everyone stop making us relegation fodder. Unsy hasn't even been given a home game yet. He's played the PL champs and current PL champs in his two games.

Come on yamar Chelsea basically put there reserves out and Leicester aren't the team they were two seasons ago, hope the fuck we don't draw Blackburn in any of the cups there PL champions bound to get stuffed

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I'm not grasping that logic, not saying your wrong just not getting what your saying.

Just that our current position isn’t necessarily our finishing position. I don’t think we are bad as our position suggests. Our football has been bad, at times dire, but I am confident we have the quality to climb.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Just that our current position isn’t necessarily our finishing position. I don’t think we are bad as our position suggests. Our football has been bad, at times dire, but I am confident we have the quality to climb.

So do I only if we get a manager who can get them to play as a team, my concern is I don't think Unsworth is the person to make that change, but time will tell, to be honest he's there as caretaker and I believe the board have told him that's all it is and they will be bringing a new man in.

28 minutes ago, yamar said:

Is it not a step up from Bolton?

Just yes or no would be suffice.

I think yes or no needs to be the order of the day for you.  It’s too much to expect you to understand a post that described Allardyce stock as being the highest after he took Bolton to 5th in the league on a shoestring... and was offered the Man City job before joining Newcastle....

but if you want to believe that by somehow answering the call to be the next lapdog for the old boys network at the fa after helping Sunderland just achieve survival them ok dokey.  

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I think yes or no needs to be the order of the day for you.  It’s too much to expect you to understand a post that described Allardyce stock as being the highest after he took Bolton to 5th in the league on a shoestring... and was offered the Man City job before joining Newcastle....

but if you want to believe that by somehow answering the call to be the next lapdog for the old boys network at the fa after helping Sunderland just achieve survival them ok dokey.  

Take that as a yes then 😁

Big Sam is where we are right now. Our squad is dreadful. First sign of staying up for a team is to get the defence right. Unsworth tried to throw two wingers in away at Leicester and got stuffed. People who say "he had to try something" or "he was bold". Those managers take you down. It's no good being bold and aggressive if you get stuffed and that's what we did. Unsworth has been beaten by Chelsea's kids and smashed by leicester. We still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now, and that was his attacking team! Big Sam or Dyche would get the back sorted first and that's what we need. It's not a lack of ambition, it's a Billionaire and a Multi Millionaire trying to protect their money. and stay in the league. We'd do the same if it was our money........We wouldnt be gambling on some unknown from overseas.

'

My biggest issue with Unsworth was him starting Davies and Gana as our 2 centre mids on the weekend. When have we ever seen either of them hold there position? I’m hoping he keeps giving Beni games, at least until Schneiderlein’s had some time to think about his shit form this season. 

10 hours ago, Paddock said:

If you had a company that was failing and in danger of going belly up and you had to make one appointment to save it- would you promote an assistant manager who had zero experience running a huge company llike that and was running just a department with zero pressure or a proved and tested manager who you knew could save the company- bearing in mind you had literally 28 weeks to do it.

Let'e take this analogy, because I can relate to it.

One company I worked for replaced the CEO with a star from another company. The problem was that the company was quite entrepreneurial and informal in nature - this was the basis of its success - but the CEO the board brought in came from a much larger corporation. There was a complete clash of cultures, and the company leaked cash like a sieve. In the end, the company was split in two, sold off, and most employees lost their jobs.

One of the guys within that company did OK as a project manager, but he was frustrated. I remember him coming to me, and we had a heart to heart about it. He stayed with the company but took advantage of its entrepreneurial spirit to make a very important and strategic sale. As a result, he formally moved into sales and did well. During the reign of the new CEO, he jumped to another company, and today he heads a division of several thousand people.

The big star failed because he failed to understand or appreciate the company. The internal guy did extremely well, and it's a shame he wasn't given a more senior role in his former company. As it is, a competitor is reaping the benefit of his abilities.

Yes, gems can be unearthed internally. Top managers can fail when there's a clash of cultures (exhibit 1: Ronald Koeman). Let's not attract another "big name" and find they're exhibit 2. Unsworth knows Everton, knows its values, knows and respects the culture, and seems to really appreciate the fans. He has a track record with the U-23s, and that's not to be written off. Given a run of games, and provided the fans don't turn on him, I feel confident he'll do well. Indeed, I'd predict a top-half finish.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Let'e take this analogy, because I can relate to it.

One company I worked for replaced the CEO with a star from another company. The problem was that the company was quite entrepreneurial and informal in nature - this was the basis of its success - but the CEO the board brought in came from a much larger corporation. There was a complete clash of cultures, and the company leaked cash like a sieve. In the end, the company was split in two, sold off, and most employees lost their jobs.

One of the guys within that company did OK as a project manager, but he was frustrated. I remember him coming to me, and we had a heart to heart about it. He stayed with the company but took advantage of its entrepreneurial spirit to make a very important and strategic sale. As a result, he formally moved into sales and did well. During the reign of the new CEO, he jumped to another company, and today he heads a division of several thousand people.

The big star failed because he failed to understand or appreciate the company. The internal guy did extremely well, and it's a shame he wasn't given a more senior role in his former company. As it is, a competitor is reaping the benefit of his abilities.

Yes, gems can be unearthed internally. Top managers can fail when there's a clash of cultures (exhibit 1: Ronald Koeman). Let's not attract another "big name" and find they're exhibit 2. Unsworth knows Everton, knows its values, knows and respects the culture, and seems to really appreciate the fans. He has a track record with the U-23s, and that's not to be written off. Given a run of games, and provided the fans don't turn on him, I feel confident he'll do well. Indeed, I'd predict a top-half finish.

Haha! I knew you'd come back with a big business story! It's a good one.

It's a huge risk for us to take though. Unsworth needs some results to stake a claim.

I’m not arsed anymore. Just get one of them in. 

I don’t buy that Sam is just shite, he gets results when needed and right now we need them. As long as it’s until the end of the season only. 

If it’s Dyche, I actually rate the man. He’s played limited football with his current side, but I’m sure if he is a good manager he can do better with better players. I at least like his attitude and the workrate he gets into his players. 

11 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Big Sam is where we are right now. Our squad is dreadful. First sign of staying up for a team is to get the defence right. Unsworth tried to throw two wingers in away at Leicester and got stuffed. People who say "he had to try something" or "he was bold". Those managers take you down. It's no good being bold and aggressive if you get stuffed and that's what we did. Unsworth has been beaten by Chelsea's kids and smashed by leicester. We still wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now, and that was his attacking team! Big Sam or Dyche would get the back sorted first and that's what we need. It's not a lack of ambition, it's a Billionaire and a Multi Millionaire trying to protect their money. and stay in the league. We'd do the same if it was our money........We wouldnt be gambling on some unknown from overseas.

'

Our squad is the same as last season minus a striker (and a couple of big injuries)

It's no excuse for the lack of clean sheets we managed 11 or there abouts last season. It's not excuse for the individual poor performances ( I don't name individuals as there are too many).