IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

Maybe fake is the wrong word. There are 2 4th official accounts, one has links the other doesn't. The accurate one is @fourthofficial_

The one you have quoted just seems to make stuff up. In the 3 days before the window closed he linked us to 4 or 5 different strikers and you don't need me to tell you what happened (or didnt happen) there.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Maybe fake is the wrong word. There are 2 4th official accounts, one has links the other doesn't. The accurate one is @fourthofficial_

The one you have quoted just seems to make stuff up. In the 3 days before the window closed he linked us to 4 or 5 different strikers and you don't need me to tell you what happened (or didnt happen) there.

Fair enough- we’ll soon see over the coming days/ weeks if he’s right. Not sur I want Dyche tbh.

I think Bailey is right but the guys obviously heard the press conference from Dyche and put two and two together 

From how he dodged the question I think there is definitely something going on, I wasn't to keen to begin with but I've warmed to the idea due to our situation being worse than I thought 

He's astute takes no shite and can drill a side so he's probably the "best of the rest" 

I have been trying to find more about Dyche from his Watford days but I cant really find much. He did well for them before the Pozzo's came in but it sounded like they played the same brand of football that he does at Burnley.

If he does sign, it will be a reaction to defensive frailty we have had this season.

I just dont see how well his tactics at Burnley will translate elsewhere.

Having said that, Im not sure who else is better.

Just don't want him to bring an underdog mentality like Moyes did. He needs to reset his mindset if he came here. No more 4-5-1, get to 40 points. He needs to come in, think big on signings and think of top four.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would prefer Tarkowski but yeah I’d go along with that.
The one thing that gives me hope about Dyche is the way Kean spoke about him and how much his game developed under him while he was at Burnley

As a defender its easy to develop in a defensive system playing for a draw every game!

Burnley just went 1 up (first shot on target). Neither side looked like scoring in truth but a speculative cross comes in and Vokes has no right to get the header away ahead of Yoshida but he does and as Forster turns like the Titanic it goes into the bottom corner.

Interestingly he went 442 and played with a diamond in midfield.

Another win for Burnley.

In fairness they make defending look easy because they always seem to be in the right position. It's no fluke, they must do loads of work on the training ground. They try and break forward quickly but still don't get out of shape. There is always someone protecting the back 4 and the fullbacks don't exactly bomb forward meaning they have at least 4 or 5 players in shape and in position to recycle the ball.

It could be exactly what we need in this period, someone who can remind the players how to defend, but they really didn't create much despite having quite a lot of the ball (for them).

Southampton still look crap though.

14 minutes ago, Paddock said:

If you 100% knew he was you wouldn’t be talking about Dyche the way you were.

Get ironing that cock and hen son.

As I say, he's comin.

Dyche, there are worse choices, there are better ones.

On the plus side he has his teams well organised, they are defensively very sound. He seems to be good at developing players and is meticulous in his planning.

On the negative side will he command the respect of the players? Will he be able to attract the right players to the club. Will he be able to adapt the tactics he uses to suit us?

I think he will be able to be a success here. I think he gets what we are about as a club. He will stabilize us and I am impressed by his mental strength and they way he organises his teams.

I just hope he gives our youth the chance they deserve.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Ive still got no issue with Dyche, he’s still picking up wins with an average side. 

Yeah, but he's a mid table manager. I want a proven winner. Proper dad moment now, but.... I wont be angry or upset if we get him (I like his personality and think his mentality fits the club) but I'll be disappointed. 

I'd back Dyche if he comes. And let's be honest, if the club wants him, he's coming. Sorry Burnley fans, no disrespect, but if he has ambition and gets a chance at a club that is without a doubt that next step up, he takes it.

My 1st choice? No. I'd like us to get a proven Man, but can we really attract these types? I really doubt it. But Dyche is better than the likes of Allerdyce, Moyes and other such dinosaurs.

At the end of the day, Dyche reputation in the game is on the up. He's well spoken of and well respected. It's just whether these types of manager can adjust to having better Players, buying better Players, having bigger budgets, bigger expectations, a crowd that will like us being solid at the back but also want expressive free flowing attacking football.

It's another one where I've no doubt he'll take us up to our 7th place finish, but can he go beyond that? Or does he grow as a manager as the club grows again?