IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

I don't expect for a minute it will happen now but I still say Unsworth after today's result. I didnt think we had that in us, so fair play to him. Starting Niasse was absolutely the right call, and his subs worked a treat. Most importantly, he got us playing with fire in our bellies. On that evidence, we wouldn't go down under Unsworth, and that's the best we can expect from any manager this season. 

The two biggest problems he would face is sorting out the defence, which is awful, and what to do with the 'big' signings. We need new CBs badly, but no one can do anything about that until January. His selection of Rooney and Sigurdsson today suggests he feels under pressure to play them, the fact he subbed them both off that he knows they are not offering anything. Whoever takes over has to have the balls to pick sides on merit, not who they are or what they cost. 

I'm still not sure, I was expecting more attacking output from us today.

We definitely have fight, I do think Unsworth is learning more about this side game after game (don't forget he didn't know the players before he was made caretaker unlike most of the caretakers who start of as assistant managers).

Jags looked terrible again today, Keane fucked up once but I thought he did ok overall and that is our Achilles heel. We don't have enough quality at the back.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We definitely have fight, I do think Unsworth is learning more about this side game after game (don't forget he didn't know the players before he was made caretaker unlike most of the caretakers who start of as assistant managers).

Jags looked terrible again today, Keane fucked up once but I thought he did ok overall and that is our Achilles heel. We don't have enough quality at the back.

Crazy, since I started supporting the club in 2010, we've always had a slew of quality defenders at the back.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm all for switching over to youngsters in defense: Keane, Kenny, Holgate, and Feeney - with Besic as needed and Funes Mori when fit again. It's time to wean ourselves off Williams, Jagielka, and Baines - and Martina should never have been brought in.

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'm all for switching over to youngsters in defense: Keane, Kenny, Holgate, and Feeney - with Besic as needed and Funes Mori when fit again. It's time to wean ourselves off Williams, Jagielka, and Baines - and Martina should never have been brought in.

Playing young inexperienced centre halves is suicide - there’s a reason most cb are peaking g at 28 onwards.

Still no to Unsworth for me- Watford are shite btw.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

International break now. This is when we need to shit or get off the pot - give it to him or hire someone during the break. 

Normally I would agree but I can see them giving him another couple matches now that he’s finally turned it around (so to speak, yes I know it’s only one match).

id give him more time now too, the alternatives out there scare me more than unsy.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Normally I would agree but I can see them giving him another couple matches now that he’s finally turned it around (so to speak, yes I know it’s only one match).

I think that’d be stupid. You either give it to him now til the end of the season or you hire someone. This is the perfect opportunity to make a decision, we can’t afford to wait. 

The fact that we are only being linked to shite, we might aswell give Unsworth more time. The second half performance was much better today, with positive changes made. Dyche or Allardyce would be a panic appointment in my opinion and is not we need right now. Can't see them attracting any decent players and I don't think they will take us forward in the future.

Hopefully an established manager with some prestige becomes available, IF Unsworth doesn't produce some consistent results.

I’m trying to think through the “logic” of appointing Allardyce at this point in the season.  Have I got this approximately right?  I welcome friendly amendments and constructive criticism.  I will be somewhat suspicious of any comment that refers to me as “mate.”

1. It seems almost universally believed that the only reason to appoint Allardyce - at any point in the season - is to save us from relegation.  Otherwise, he’s not seen as anywhere near an excellent manager longterm.

2. His appointment is thus generally understood to be an act of desperation.  Utter desperation, as it is also generally understood that Allardyce is very unlikely to be welcomed by many Everton fans.  Quite the contrary, there will be grumbling, and perhaps worse.

3. So, it seems logical that his appointment right now would say that Moshiri is desperate, and thinks any other course of action - giving Unsworth several more matches, giving Unsworth the job for the rest of the season, naming someone else as permanent manager - would put us in much more danger of, would actually set us on a course for, relegation 6 months from now.

4. Now, given our poor play so far this season, perhaps desperation is the right frame of mind.  Act right now, either appoint someone who in normal circumstances we’d want nowhere near this club, or almost surely be relegated.

5. Others, probably (?) most Everton fans, seem to be thinking: Our players can play much better, even though disappointing we still have talent befitting at least a mid-table team, we begin to see promising signs during Unsworth’s 4 matches, it’s crazy to panic, and Allardyce is idiotic panic.

26 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’m trying to think through the “logic” of appointing Allardyce at this point in the season.  Have I got this approximately right?  I welcome friendly amendments and constructive criticism.  I will be somewhat suspicious of any comment that refers to me as “mate.”

1. It seems almost universally believed that the only reason to appoint Allardyce - at any point in the season - is to save us from relegation.  Otherwise, he’s not seen as anywhere near an excellent manager longterm.

2. His appointment is thus generally understood to be an act of desperation.  Utter desperation, as it is also generally understood that Allardyce is very unlikely to be welcomed by many Everton fans.  Quite the contrary, there will be grumbling, and perhaps worse.

3. So, it seems logical that his appointment right now would say that Moshiri is desperate, and thinks any other course of action - giving Unsworth several more matches, giving Unsworth the job for the rest of the season, naming someone else as permanent manager - would put us in much more danger of, would actually set us on a course for, relegation 6 months from now.

4. Now, given our poor play so far this season, perhaps desperation is the right frame of mind.  Act right now, either appoint someone who in normal circumstances we’d want nowhere near this club, or almost surely be relegated.

5. Others, probably (?) most Everton fans, seem to be thinking: Our players can play much better, even though disappointing we still have talent befitting at least a mid-table team, we begin to see promising signs during Unsworth’s 4 matches, it’s crazy to panic, and Allardyce is idiotic panic.

Good post mate

42 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Sound that mate.