IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

Absolutely no chance- as if they’d sack Unsworth like that- shite journalism at it’s finest. 

It is shite journalism. It refers to BK as "former chairman".

Does anyone think that Silva would just view us as another step in his career (one of the biggest complaints against Koeman...), where as Dyche might be more committed for the longer term and being English have a better understanding and appreciation of Everton's historical significance? 

Silva spent one year at Sporting, one at Olympiacos before leaving for Hull midseason, and is now already looking to quit Watford after 15 matches?

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Does anyone think that Silva would just view us as another step in his career (one of the biggest complaints against Koeman...), where as Dyche might be more committed for the longer term and being English have a better understanding and appreciation of Everton's historical significance? 

Silva spent one year at Sporting, one at Olympiacos before leaving for Hull midseason, and is now already looking to quit Watford after 15 matches?

Good point, not thought about it like that.

14 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

None of that was his fault.  He spent 3 years at Estoril taking them from second division to first division and Europa league.  He then went to sporting and won the league cup and was "dismissed" or "left on equal term", same with Olympiakos.  Hull went down don't blame him for that.

As far as the Watford gig I don't think he's trying to leave there, but they have had 13 managers in the last 10 years, most barely last 1 campaign.  Heck they have had guys do well (the spanish guy forgot his name) and still be dismissed after one campaign.  He's only on a 2 year deal there.

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

None of that was his fault.  He spent 3 years at Estoril taking them from second division to first division and Europa league.  He then went to sporting and won the league cup and was "dismissed" or "left on equal term", same with Olympiakos.  Hull went down don't blame him for that.

As far as the Watford gig I don't think he's trying to leave there, but they have had 13 managers in the last 10 years, most barely last 1 campaign.  Heck they have had guys do well (the spanish guy forgot his name) and still be dismissed after one campaign.  He's only on a 2 year deal there.

I remember when the Italians bought them and dismissed Sean Dyche for Gianfranco Zola (Boy, I bet they regret that... Zola couldn't manage a lemonade stand).

Did Quique Sanchez Flores quit, or was he sacked? 

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

I remember when the Italians bought them and dismissed Sean Dyche for Gianfranco Zola (Boy, I bet they regret that... Zola couldn't manage a lemonade stand).

Did Quique Sanchez Flores quit, or was he sacked? 

“He will be leaving at the end of the season”

I imagine he he wanted to stay he got them mid table and semi finals of FA cup.  He’s now at Espanyol coaching.

9 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Wow. Watford ownership must be a bitch to deal with.

others i saw just said "he won't be coming back", which is so vague as to was the issue him or the owners.  oh wait 13 managers in 10 years, yeah its the ownership.

sad thing is they have sacrificed their italian club to buff up watford.  they ship good italian players to watford because the money is greater.  i'd be livid if i was an udinese fan.

How has he done though?

Is he unlucky that he just ends up at clubs that change manager every 12 months? Or is there a reason they don’t want him? 

Thays my worry with him. He hasn’t been tearing up trees has he. And clubs just don’t seem to fighting to keep him either. This could be due to the early stage of his career though, I don’t know. Haven’t seen him spoken about other than when. Bottom half of the table Everton are looking.

Silva will be conscious that his stock is currently at the highest it's been. Staying at Watford could be a risk if they do not continue to perform well and start to drop down the league. Football management can be brutal if the results are not good. It can take a huge amount of time for a manager to rebuild his reputation and get an opportunity to progress. This may be his only chance to move to a big club.

Similar to Dyche, if Watford were in the bottom three right now, would he be looked upon in the same light?

Your right. It’s opportunity for him... not Everton. We’re scrating around in the sales bin at the moment instead of looking at the premium items. We should be looking at managers that are going to be good for us... not for them.

If we want to hire a manager and give him an opportunity, then give it to Unsworth. If not, then aim higher.

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

It's becoming quite clear the board sacked Koeman with little agreement on an ordered list of potential replacements.

all the more reason to stick with unsworth for now.  winter break isn't for another month and a half, plenty of time to evaulate and bring someone in.  it's clear now that the only options are desparate ones, that the good managers dont' want the job or are unavailable.

keep unsy for me.

Silva will be conscious that his stock is currently at the highest it's been. Staying at Watford could be a risk if they do not continue to perform well and start to drop down the league. Football management can be brutal if the results are not good. It can take a huge amount of time for a manager to rebuild his reputation and get an opportunity to progress. This may be his only chance to move to a big club.
Similar to Dyche, if Watford were in the bottom three right now, would he be looked upon in the same light?

Very true, Eddie Howe is a case in point , but equally he doesn’t want to get a reputation for jumping ship at the earliest opportunity

Why the fuck did we sack him with zero clue on who we had to replace him. Time and time again this board shows how inept it is- it’s a fucking shambles- from letting Lukaku leave with no replacement to sacking the manager and having not the slightest clue who they want to replace him. It’s a fucking joke- I hate this club sometimes.

24 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Why the fuck did we sack him with zero clue on who we had to replace him. Time and time again this board shows how inept it is- it’s a fucking shambles- from letting Lukaku leave with no replacement to sacking the manager and having not the slightest clue who they want to replace him. It’s a fucking joke- I hate this club sometimes.

Because they listened to the fans? Or watched as they voted with their feet?

Not that this is aimed entirely at you Paddock, or that I completely disagree with what you're saying, but I really feel that there are people at this club who can't do right for doing wrong.

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Because they listened to the fans? Or watched as they voted with their feet?

Not that this is aimed entirely at you Paddock, or that I completely disagree with what you're saying, but I really feel that there are people at this club who can't do right for doing wrong.

Newty, the discontent was nowhere near sacking mentality- Martinez had banners etc before they sacked him. I’m not saying it was the wrong decision but why do we never have contingency plans in place- why are we always up shit creek without a paddle- who’s job is it to make sure we don’t end up in predicaments like this? Because they’re failing fucking miserably at it. It’s amateur at best.

If the club announce Unsworth now, it will be an embarrassment and show a complete failure to attract any manager with a half decent CV. That's no disrespect to Unsworth, he's young in his career. It's just that if he was the man for the job, then why wouldn't he have been appointed by now? And why are we making approaches for others?

Edit: It will also show the world we have a clear divide in the board, which is also embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Newty, the discontent was nowhere near sacking mentality- Martinez had banners etc before they sacked him. I’m not saying it was the wrong decision but why do we never have contingency plans in place- why are we always up shit creek without a paddle- who’s job is it to make sure we don’t end up in predicaments like this? Because they’re failing fucking miserably at it. It’s amateur at best.

It was bad enough though, wasn't It? Fans were unhappy. Players looked lost. Performances poor. Results worse.

The only other way we could have done this is chat up other managers whilst we still had one. And I've never heard anyone say a good word about any club when they do such a thing.

The board swung the axe. And we all agreed it was the right thing to do. But because they haven't appointed someone within the imaginary timeframe, they now shouldn't have done it?

I'm sure by now they have agreed who they are going for, but putting all the pieces together may not be so easy.

We'll see what happens and judge when it does.