IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

11 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Fair point...I do think the pressure would be greater on Unsworth as an Evertonian though.  Plus Nagelsman already has runs on the board in the top flight.  Doing well again this year, despite losing 2 of his best players from last year.

I pretty much just really like the idea of him.  His man/player management is supposed to be outstanding, his tactics sound enjoyable and aren't too much of a change (aside from fast wingers) from existing for the players.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/11/26/tactical-philosophy-julian-nagelsmann/

When I watched them against Liverpool, it immediately put me off him. Yes they created chances but they were wide open at times. He is similar to but worse than Martinez. 

On 10/19/2017 at 11:23, Cornish Steve said:

Not sure why you think 30-year-old Nagelsmann is ready while 44-year-old Unsworth is not, especially given how well Unsworth knows the team and the league.

Nagelsmann is a future Bayern legend, Unsworth at his best will probably be Shakesphere.

3 hours ago, Westlo said:

Nagelsmann is a future Bayern legend, Unsworth at his best will probably be Shakesphere.

And how do you know that until Unsworth is given a chance? The only way these young foreign coaches come to prominence is because they are given a chance at the top level. 

This season is a write off already. We might as well use it to give Unsworth an audition. If he isn't up to it, fine, we move on in the summer. But at least give him a go, he cannot do worse than Koeman

4 hours ago, Westlo said:

i doubt it.  he will get destroyed by that locker room.  all those big egos, he was a nothing of a player, you think robben and ribery and lewi are gonna give a shit when a guy younger than them is managing?  Carlo had the pedigree and has managed those big egos before, they just are in the middle of the old guard and new guard and that wasn't his forte.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i doubt it.  he will get destroyed by that locker room.  all those big egos, he was a nothing of a player, you think robben and ribery and lewi are gonna give a shit when a guy younger than them is managing?  Carlo had the pedigree and has managed those big egos before, they just are in the middle of the old guard and new guard and that wasn't his forte.

One of the best coaches right now in the world was an amateur player and banker.....

And by the time Nagelsmann goes to Bayern none of those players you mentioned will be left.... Tuchel got next anyway.

49 minutes ago, hafnia said:

couldn't do any worse.

Well, when you give the squad a hair dryer and send out 11 youngsters in a flat 4-4-2 and we get twatted by Newcastle or Bournemouth, maybe the Evertonian crowd will realize that most of our young players are ordinary, not special, and not meant to compete with the Agueros of the world, as Unsworth and Dunc aren't meant to challenge the Peps and Mourinhos of the world.

2 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Well, when you give the squad a hair dryer and send out 11 youngsters in a flat 4-4-2 and we get twatted by Newcastle or Bournemouth, maybe the Evertonian crowd will realize that most of our young players are ordinary, not special, and not meant to compete with the Agueros of the world, as Unsworth and Dunc aren't meant to challenge the Peps and Mourinhos of the world.

What exactly do you mean by 'aren't meant to challenge'? Are we working on some kind of football caste system? The menial workers can't take the priests' jobs? 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

What exactly do you mean by 'aren't meant to challenge'? Are we working on some kind of football caste system? The menial workers can't take the priests' jobs? 

League 1 is most of the youngsters level. Probably the level Unsworth and Dunc are good enough to manage at.

54 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

League 1 is most of the youngsters level. Probably the level Unsworth and Dunc are good enough to manage at.

that comment I would expect off a total arse, unless you think that you are probably only good enough to post at that level.

14 hours ago, rubecula said:

that comment I would expect off a total arse, unless you think that you are probably only good enough to post at that level.

Fair enough.

I'm not sure what to make of all this. We frequently gave Moyes time to right the ship and he did, we gave Martinez plenty of time and he didn't. 

We're clearly missing the big #9 needed to play Koeman's system/how we want to play, so I'm not sure what we can do to get around that right now. The players are starting to show some fight, but are still painfully unclinical. 

Needless to say, I think the calls for Unsworth are basically calls to see some fight from the team, but I think we're starting to see that, so I'm not sure changing the manager will help. Needless to say, if we are still 16th or 17th in another 4-5 fixtures, it would be foolish not to lean towards a change.

6 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Fair enough.

I'm not sure what to make of all this. We frequently gave Moyes time to right the ship and he did, we gave Martinez plenty of time and he didn't. 

We're clearly missing the big #9 needed to play Koeman's system/how we want to play, so I'm not sure what we can do to get around that right now. The players are starting to show some fight, but are still painfully unclinical. 

Needless to say, I think the calls for Unsworth are basically calls to see some fight from the team, but I think we're starting to see that, so I'm not changing the manager will help. Needless to say, if we are still 16th or 17th in another 4-5 fixtures, it would be foolish not to leans towards a change.

It is a tough one to call. I'm all over the place with it!!!

Whatever happens has to be right for the club.

9 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

That's funny. Im sure I counted 8 of our youngsters on loan in the Championship, plus five who are playing in the first team. So you're just pulling League 1 out your arse. 

8 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Fair enough.

Needless to say, I think the calls for Unsworth are basically calls to see some fight from the team, but I think we're starting to see that, so I'm not changing the manager will help. Needless to say, if we are still 16th or 17th in another 4-5 fixtures, it would be foolish not to leans towards a change.

I think that's exactly where we will be, I can't see any changes or improvement from Koeman in the way he is motivating and setting the team up, he looks like a defeated man, a stubborn one who won't do the decent thing and resign accepting he's got the whole process wrong here. I can understand people's concerns about Unsy being ready, but he's 44, not a kid, if he's ever going to be good enough to be a top manager, now is the time for him to do it imho 

couldn't do any worse.

[emoji23][emoji23] You’re the most negative person I’ve never met, I think you could do a lot worse

I can just imagine the press conference now , yes we’ve sacked the assistant manager because he had the audacity to criticise one of the players performances and the big number 9 is banished to the reserves because all he does is score goals

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png You’re the most negative person I’ve never met, I think you could do a lot worse

I can just imagine the press conference now , yes we’ve sacked the assistant manager because he had the audacity to criticise one of the players performances and the big number 9 is banished to the reserves because all he does is score goals

And you are the most super duper positive fan I've met... blue Bill would offer you a job for life. You could share teary eyed tales of yesteryear when Everton won trophies due to us having real ambition and held people accountable for how they represented the badge.

And you are the most super duper positive fan I've met... blue Bill would offer you a job for life. You could share teary eyed tales of yesteryear when Everton won trophies due to us having real ambition and held people accountable for how they represented the badge.

You’ve never met me , but then facts never get in your way anyway

As for winning trophies, the most successful period in the clubs history would never have happened if someone like you was in charge, which is just as well because you would probably spontaneously combust if you couldn’t conduct your witch hunts in here

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You’ve never met me , but then facts never get in your way anyway

As for winning trophies, the most successful period in the clubs history would never have happened if someone like you was in charge, which is just as well because you would probably spontaneously combust if you couldn’t conduct your witch hunts in here

Ah but you've me me? Riggghhttt... 

Whereas you dunc.... you would just keep a shite manager in the job wouldn't you.... cos your a good egg. 

Witch hunts???  Nope. I just call it out when someone or something isn't in the best interests of the club.

56 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Whereas you dunc.... you would just keep a shite manager in the job wouldn't you.... cos your a good egg. 

Witch hunts???  Nope. I just call it out when someone or something isn't in the best interests of the club.

Haff - Evertons self appointed Witch Finder General. 

Image result for witch finder

Tri Corner hat is optional :D

Actually no Haf I wouldn’t keep a shite manager in the job , I was all for sacking Martinez, Smith, Walker et al ,but I would give a good manager time to get it right

The second statement sums you up, who appointed you as judge and jury to decide what is in the best interests of the club?

It’s your opinion it’s not fact and you don’t just ‘call it out’ you flog it to death and ram it down everyone’s throat.

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Actually no Haf I wouldn’t keep a shite manager in the job , I was all for sacking Martinez, Smith, Walker et al ,but I would give a good manager time to get it right

The second statement sums you up, who appointed you as judge and jury to decide what is in the best interests of the club?

It’s your opinion it’s not fact and you don’t just ‘call it out’ you flog it to death and ram it down everyone’s throat.

It is truly bizarre on this forum when I see some try to act or imply that they have an exclusive or greater love of Everton.

Not saying Haf has done it, but it has been weird when somebody pretends they love Everton more than the rest of us or that they somehow know what's in the club's best interests when the rest of us don't.