IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

1 hour ago, nogs said:

The board are now complicit as far as I'm concerned. Had to go today, we will not turn it around under Koeman, carrying on is just senseless. 

Take it back. Absolutely right decision. Nice to know they can be decisive. 

I actually think Rafa would be ideal tbh but I can't see him leaving with the investment he's likely to get at Newcastle with less pressure etc 

I wouldn't want Howe or Dyche both are very Moyes and Martinez esq for me and I can't see either doing any better than they are at their respective clubs 

I'm not even entertaining the idea of Moyes and Allerdyce, give Rhino the reigns for the next game or two

Silva Rafa  Fonseca Anchelotti  Tuchel  any one of those for me 

Not sure we could attract a top name manager sitting in 18th without a striker. A guy like Tuchel or Ancelotti will wait 6 months, enjoy a vacation, and get the call from a bigger club to manage.

Dyche would steady the ship, but how would he do with an actual expectation of playing attacking football, getting results, buying more expensive players.

Would love Rafa, but he's sitting above us in the table and that pain Mike Ashley is set to leave.

Silva can clearly manage, but why would he leave Watford for us right now?

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Not sure we could attract a top name manager sitting in 18th without a striker. A guy like Tuchel or Ancelotti will wait 6 months, enjoy a vacation, and get the call from a bigger club to manage.

Dyche would steady the ship, but how would he do with an actual expectation of playing attacking football, getting results, buying more expensive players.

Would love Rafa, but he's sitting above us in the table and that pain Mike Ashley is set to leave.

Silva can clearly manage, but why would he leave Watford for us right now?

Here in lies our biggest problem now. Convincing a top manager of the project despite our position or take a risk and hope for the best.  

We shouldn't have any problem attracting the right man.

As arrogant as it sounds, we are still Everton. We are one of the bigger traditional clubs. We will have a new stadium. We are still in Europe. We have only played 9 league games. We do have a good squad backed up with a tasty youth system. We do have first class training facilities. We have shown ambition. We have shown intent.

That's attractive.

BK will sell the club to anyone with his passionate speak, no problem. Moshiri has the blueprint for the future.

This is still an attractive position for the right man. Many managers will be wanting this job. We just have to get the right one.

I've no idea who that is.

I like Howe. But it's a big jump in expectation and club size for him.

Dyche. Yeah, good honest bloke but same as above.

Unsworth. I'd love to see him succeed. On of my favourite players when I was a teen. Can he have a go with an old legend like Royle helping him out? This would be my choice above anything other than a big established name.

Can we dare try to attract a big established name? That has to be the aim.

But my record is shit now! My last 2 choices have gone to piss!!!

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

At least the shouts for Ferguson stepping up seemed to have lessened thankfully. 

If anything he should be sacked and not kept on in any capacity. He’s been part of two failed management teams now, let’s stop rewarding failure and punish it instead, no matter who you are. 

Mark, you forget that some people care more about beating their chest and having players and coaches who do the same rather than judging them by the performances they put in.

55 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

At least the shouts for Ferguson stepping up seemed to have lessened thankfully. 

If anything he should be sacked and not kept on in any capacity. He’s been part of two failed management teams now, let’s stop rewarding failure and punish it instead, no matter who you are. 

I've been surprised by Ferguson in terms of wondering what his input is. Doesn't seem to be much!!!

4 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Here’s a dismaying, if sober, assessment.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3240800/ronald-koeman-exits-everton-due-to-poorly-built-squad-confusing-tactics

Punch line, in this case to the gut: “Someone is going to have to come in and rebuild this team, all over again.”

Is that true?

No, they just need to use what’s already there better, and it’s not difficult. 

In other news, Giggs has said he’s interested in the job... the arrogance of him! He’s done fuck all but thinks he can walk into a PL job? Fuck off, Ryan. 

26 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

My dream of dreams replacement is Tuchel. But I’m very aware that will never happen, at least not right now with the dumpster fire we have going on. 

Tuchel supposedly has a difficult personality. We are a bit fragile to these types I think!

18 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Here’s a dismaying, if sober, assessment.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3240800/ronald-koeman-exits-everton-due-to-poorly-built-squad-confusing-tactics

Punch line, in this case to the gut: “Someone is going to have to come in and rebuild this team, all over again.”

Is that true?

Not rebuild but refocus on a system and don't worry about who is left out.

58 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, they just need to use what’s already there better, and it’s not difficult. 

In other news, Giggs has said he’s interested in the job... the arrogance of him! He’s done fuck all but thinks he can walk into a PL job? Fuck off, Ryan. 

Shocking. His ass needs to go manage Bury or Rotherham United through a cold winter before he gets a job of any substance.

Rhino till January and if he makes a go of it surely worth sticking with him. If not Manuel Pellegrini might be a realistic target if he's had enough of China. I guess some managers have already been sounded out though. NO to Howe and Dyche.

Honestly, I'd take Allardyce. NEVER thought I'd find myself saying that. Don't want how or silva as that would just be another martinez/koeman type punt. Neither someone like ancelotti or pellegrini on ridiculous wages and who might consider the club beneath their skills. Just want someone who will organise, stabilize and not cost the earth. He needs us as much as we need him after his england debacle. Even if he is a pastry faced crook.  So, Sam for a few seasons then and then Unsy.

32 minutes ago, badaids said:

Honestly, I'd take Allardyce. NEVER thought I'd find myself saying that. Don't want how or silva as that would just be another martinez/koeman type punt. Neither someone like ancelotti or pellegrini on ridiculous wages and who might consider the club beneath their skills. Just want someone who will organise, stabilize and not cost the earth. He needs us as much as we need him after his england debacle. Even if he is a pastry faced crook.  So, Sam for a few seasons then and then Unsy.

Hate to say so but I agree, it is all about surviving now and he is best available for that.

David Unsworth is the natural choice for the short term. Fact remains we have not replaced Lukaku, coupled with the worst start in 12 years we have little to no chance of attracting a top quality striker in the window unless we sign a world class manager.

Allardyce is a manager to keep teams up, he never wins anything. You only appoint if you have no money and are looking certain to go down, neither of which are the case. Personally I would go for Ancelloti and go all out to get the best striker we can get. I am just surprised that it took until the 9th game, it was not as if they were close run results as we was getting played off the pitch!

I have no doubt in the quality of the players we signed in the window. Sandro will be great and Calvert-Lewin is one for the future, both however need an experience striker to learn from. Rooney should have been a role model, he has turned in to an embarrassment.