IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Becsuse we are aiming for the top 4?

How many of those teams go for hidden gems and how many go for established managers?

It's just a thought provoking question.

Me personally, I'd be happy to give Unsworth a go. But fans will have to be patient. He'll make mistakes and chances are it will take that bit longer to establish ourselves.

But, with us fans being as fickle as we are, and with Unsworth being seen as 'one of us', he'll get more time and patience than the like of Dyche, Howie, Fat Sam etc etc.

I don’t think we’re ready for the top four yet though. I agree we should building for it, but I think we should be looking at the building more literally. Bring in a promising nobody with a good plan and model and see what they can do.

he will make mistakes, but your right, he will probably be afforded more patience.

i think whoever comes in will show quickly if they are the right person, as we will notice more of the attitude of our players and the moral shown.

Someone tweeted  at a Watford fan who was saying we were deluded if we thought we could  take Silva from them- “listen you little scruffs, Wigan and Southampton fans said exactly the same thing, if we want we will take your manager off you and make him shite inside -18 months” 

I thought it was funny.

30 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I’ve absolutely no idea who I want- after Martinez and Koeman I’m twitchy as fuck about everyone.

I completely agree.  It's like one type of manager is too Martinez and the other type is too Koeman. 

We shouldnt brush every manager with the same brush as those too (even though I do!) And if I had a choice I would rather go more for a Martinez candidate because I think the upside is potentially greater.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I completely agree.  It's like one type of manager is too Martinez and the other type is too Koeman. 

We shouldnt brush every manager with the same brush as those too (even though I do!) And if I had a choice I would rather go more for a Martinez candidate because I think the upside is potentially greater.

I don’t know some of them that well either tbh. I don’t profess to know a great deal outside of the prem, Tuchel , Lowe etc- I’m not exactly well versed in how good they or or their styles. I know who they are and who they have managed but that’s as far as it goes.

I dont want Howe, think it was Romey who said he’s another Martinez and I agree- he’s the English version of him, Dyche is a poor mans Moyes- defensive as fuck and if we are looking to progress they aren’t the type we need, they’ll not move us forward- the likes of Giggs, Moyes, Neville, Allerdyce et al are frankly just laughable.

Unsworth is a great temp but I don't think that he is the man (right now) to lead us forward. Id like to see him as head coach in another club first to get some experience. 

Im at a loss atm.. I have no clear idea of who should lead the club. A big name? A smaller name with a good track record? 
Joakim Löw is a good shout but then again, how difficult was it to get results with Germany? One name that actually sprung to mind as soon as I heard that RK was gone is Graham Potter. He is doing wonders at Östersund which is a tiny, tiny, tiny club in sweden (i know, sweden, sweden, but he is english lol) that leads their UEFA group.  All players witness to his ability to get them to work together, for each other, for the team. Thats exactly what we need. 

If any think Joachim Löw is going to be the next manager for EFC you can buy the bloody Eiffel Tower from me...

Unsworth will do a much better job than Koeman and hopefully prove that he's ready for a permanent job as manager. For EFC, of course :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Common connection between Martinez and Koeman is their Barcelona philosophy. Idealistic blind fools the both of them. No more Barca bitches please, save that shit for the second rate slow arse la Liga. 

Absolutely spot on.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Common connection between Martinez and Koeman is their Barcelona philosophy. Idealistic blind fools the both of them. No more Barca bitches please, save that shit for the second rate slow arse la Liga. 

Barca bitches sounds like something a young lad is looking for around 1am on La Ramblas, mate :lol:

Also, Unsworth is such an easy man to get behind. Very well spoken, loves the club. Let's see how he does.

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Koeman couldnt be further from a Barca style manager if he tried IMO. He is more in the Mourinho mould.

Plus being a Barca bitch isnt working too badly for Pep at the moment, especially when you consider they were one of the first teams to make a success of the counter press, which has been adapted by a lot of German and other Spanish managers since.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He always comes across very well. I really do think he'll go far in the game.

Very much so, definitely says the right things. I really hope he can deliver.

Thoughts on Marcelino at Valencia at seasons end, assuming we give Unsworth the rest of the year? I think he'd have been a perfect option, but he's just started in his role and Valencia has to be viewed as a bigger club than us at this point. He plays quick counter attacking football, so I don't think the style would be too difficult to implement with our current squad.

Valencia 2nd in the league with a +15 GD. Previously got Villarreal promoted and immediately finished top 6 three times in a row, including semi finals in the Europa League.

I don't understand why these aren't the kind of managers we're in for, rather than ones who have bounced around premier league mediocrity for years.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Koeman couldnt be further from a Barca style manager if he tried IMO. He is more in the Mourinho mould.

Plus being a Barca bitch isnt working too badly for Pep at the moment, especially when you consider they were one of the first teams to make a success of the counter press, which has been adapted by a lot of German and other Spanish managers since.

He's a self confessed Cruyff disciple, only he's more pragmatic. In his head he was gearing up for the Barca job. 

Koeman = total football

Martinez = tika taka

Barca moved away from it when they had Neymar.

Bayern won everything but they always do, their fans hated it and were glad to get rid of Pep as the football was boring. Likewise Celtic is a one team league. 

Admittedly I've not watched Barca this season, but don't know of any other teams adapting to it and being better for it. City are flying this season but I wouldn't give Pep the credit they're flying thanks to Silva, De Bruyne, and Aguero's ability, don't see anything new to their games under Pep. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's a self confessed Cruyff disciple, only he's more pragmatic. In his head he was gearing up for the Barca job. 

Koeman = total football

Martinez = tika taka

Bayern won everything but they always do, their fans hated it and were glad to get rid of Pep as the football was boring. Likewise Celtic is a one team league. 

Admittedly I've not watched Barca this season, but don't know of any other teams adapting to it and being better for it. City are flying this season but I wouldn't give Pep the credit they're flying thanks to Silva, De Bruyne, and Aguero's ability, don't see anything new to their games under Pep. 

Just because he claims to be something it doesn't mean he is. His teams play nothing like Barca. In big games we sit back and try to counter, that's not Barca.

We didn't play Tika Taka under Martinez either, we weren't that good! He just wanted us to be patient and create a good chance rather than be impatient and rush missing the chance. 

Man City have massively improved in the last 2 years. Pellegrinis sides weren't very good and that showed in Europe. They are scoring for fun and aren't conceding too many chances either, which is probably the biggest surprise. The fact that he has brought De Bruyne deep along with Silva in a central position is something no manager has done before, so it's a pretty big change from the manager. I'm not sure how you can't give him credit for that?

Barca did become more direct with Neymar but from what I have seen they have gone back to Pep's style and they have looked really good again. 

I watched Valencia at the weekend and they played with the same principle. Even Heynkes triple winning Bayern team applied a lot of the same principles. It's not about dominating the ball for the sake of dominating the ball, it's about waiting for that good chance and taking that chance rather than rushing a half a chance. It's not about slowly popping the ball around, it should be quick passing, high tempo and lots of movement otherwise it doesn't work and I think that is what is misunderstood. 

49 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Koeman = total football

Martinez = tika taka

You joking?  Pep has totally transformed that side into a fookin powerhouse. 

Absolutely awesome side. 

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Even Heynkes triple winning Bayern team applied a lot of the same principles.

He's the opposite of Barca, fast and direct and in his last season made them the best team to watch in the last decade. 

34 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Absolutely awesome side. 

For 9 games this season. People wanted him gone at the end of last season. 

37 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's the opposite of Barca, fast and direct and in his last season made them the best team to watch in the last decade. 

For 9 games this season. People wanted him gone at the end of last season. 

Who wanted him gone?

I'm pretty sure most could see what he was trying to do.

He's done it. Absolutely astonishing football they are playing. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Absolutely awesome side. 

Bayern München or Barcelona? Either way; the foundation was already layed for him (Guardiola). First time we see Pep Guardiola struggle a bit was at Manchester City and he always had a huge budget to use for players and staff. Ido admit he made Barca a more stable and winning team, but my god ws/is it boring to watch.