IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

1 minute ago, Sev said:

Bayern München or Barcelona? Either way; the foundation was already layed for him (Guardiola). First time we see Pep Guardiola struggle a bit was at Manchester City and he always had a huge budget to use for players and staff. Ido admit he made Barca a more stable and winning team, but my god ws/is it boring to watch.

Talking about man city now. Awesome. 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Talking about man city now. Awesome. 

Surely not boring to watch. But I would also say that they have used huge amounts of money. I'm a tad old fashioned and like when clubs use players from their own rows as much as possible.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's the opposite of Barca, fast and direct and in his last season made them the best team to watch in the last decade. 

For 9 games this season. People wanted him gone at the end of last season. 

The main difference between the German and Pep counter pressing is that if nothing is on Pep's teams will recycle the ball whereas the genenpressing usually leads to the ball going straight forward. 

Thats why Klopp concedes more goals, because Pep will keep the ball if a chance isn't available and get their shape back after the press whereas Klopp will generally go straight at the opposition leaving themselves more open. 

I find both teams entertaining to watch and I would rather go that way that have a manager that plays for draws.

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The main difference between the German and Pep counter pressing is that if nothing is on Pep's teams will recycle the ball whereas the genenpressing usually leads to the ball going straight forward. 

Thats why Klopp concedes more goals, because Pep will keep the ball if a chance isn't available and get their shape back after the press whereas Klopp will generally go straight at the opposition leaving themselves more open. 

I find both teams entertaining to watch and I would rather go that way that have a manager that plays for draws.

Martinez used the same keep ball tactic. It bored the shit out of me and Goodison had the life sucked out of it. 

I assume the last comment is regarding Mourinho who has won it with Porto and Inter. Pep has done little beyong sitting on the favourite. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/bayern-munich-fans-turn-on-pep-guardiola-with-banner-against-darmstadt-a6886406.html

I think whoever gets it, we need to be in a position to attract players. What was noticeable tonight is we are in desperate need of quality players. Unsworth will get them organised and the performance second half was encouraging. However, apart from Pickford, none of this team would get in any of Moyes' late sides (Jags and Baines are now 10 yrs older!) and that's worrying considering the investment. We need centre halves, a left back, a right back (Kenny isnt ready yet), a winger, two forwards, and possibly a number 10 (how crazy is that!) unless Gylfi improves dramatically. That is if we want to challenge the top 6. It looks like we've absolutely spunked that money and Moshiri is now going to learn that he needs to do it again, whoever gets brought in. My concern about Unsworth is that he may not be able to attract the best players and he is "too English" in his methods and ideas on football. I hope I'm wrong and I think we need some simplicity in our football right now which is what we'll get right now in our upcoming games. However, the way football is coached on these shores is very different to abroad and that shows in International football and what managers are managing our best sides at the moment. If we want to challenge the top 6 which the board keep telling us, then we have to go and get a top 6 manager. Unsworth may become a top 6 manager one day, lets hope he does. At this moment in time though, he isn't, and that's why for me Tuchel springs out. He is a manager with something to prove and who has pedigree and can attract talent. Dont get me started on Steve Walsh as that's another thread but I'd have got rid of him too. We need to rebuild again and lets hope they get this appointment right.

11 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Hopefully the papers quiet down (won't happen) so Unsworth can concentrate and the squad can remain focused.

We have to give him a solid chance.

Think hell at least get until a week or so before the January window opens

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Think hell at least get until a week or so before the January window opens

If I was the man coming in I'd want a month before the window opens to get a real good feel of the squad at hand before going into the market.  We've got what, 8 weeks til then?  I expect the appointment either immediately before the international break or at start of December. 

Typical diplomatic answer. Good to see managers respecting their clubs.

lets see what these managers say when there is an offer on the table though.

i would be happy to give unsworth a transfer window, or at least let him hand in his proposals to the board.

i know Silva from Hull and Watford but just did some reading up on him.  After he retired at Estoril (Portuguese League 2) he became DOF and then manager and they went from 10th to winning the league to get promoted to the top flight in one season.  In the next season after having just got promoted they got 5th and qualified for Europa and didn't lose to any of the traditional big Porto clubs.  Next campaign got them 4th and then he became Sporting CP manager.  First year there won the League Cup and placed 3rd and then was sacked for not wearing the official club suit during a cup match.  Went to olmpiacos, won the league, beat arsenal in CL group stages left on personal reasons.

Seems to have success wherever he goes albeit in smaller leagues.  Unlike Marcelino he doesn't have a checkered past, i think I like the guy more now.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's managed them for about 10 matches and done real well. Why would he leave for us right now and inherit a dumpster fire in 18th when if he can get Watford into 7th, he could put himself in line for other big jobs.

Just now, Bill said:

He won't get any bigger than us.

Not sure if I agree or disagree with that, and I am not sure if he sees it that way or not. I also don't think it's a good look to quit a job 10 matches after starting it. There is too much a culture of sacking managers but also of managers being too quick to quit.

Pochettino was able to jump from Southampton to Spurs. Rodgers jumped from Swansea to Liverpool, Moyes from us to Man U. In addition, you never know if he has his eye on a job like Atletico, PSG, Monaco, one of the big 4-6 teams in Germany, etc...