Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Lyon (Europa League Group Stage HOME) Thursday October 19th

1 minute ago, Quinn31 said:

Think Sigurdsson and Keane will come good. Starting to have my doubts about Klaassen, also think Sandro will come good if we start playing him paired with a bigger striker (That we don't have). Rooney will have moments of brilliance and moments where he shows his age.

Honestly I think Rooney is finished. Sandro, I am really disappointed in him, I think he will be on his way at the end of the season.

I'm also very disappointed in Klaassen, I knew he wouldn't be particularly pacey or strong but he hasn't shown much craft in midfield either. Sigurdsson is just a massive waste of money that should have been put on a top class striker. Good player but too expensive.

Keane has looked very expensive for what he does.

Martina should be shot.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Honestly I think Rooney is finished. Sandro, I am really disappointed in him, I think he will be on his way at the end of the season.

I'm also very disappointed in Klaassen, I knew he wouldn't be particularly pacey or strong but he hasn't shown much craft in midfield either. Sigurdsson is just a massive waste of money that should have been put on a top class striker. Good player but too expensive.

Keane has looked very expensive for what he does.

Martina should be shot.

You're assuming we've seen the best of all those players

It's nice to see us have a go but it's too little too late for Koeman. There's no leadership in the team, starting on the sidelines with him. Watch him when we conceded the second - head down, a weak clap and half arsed come on. He looks a beaten man, how is he meant to pick up some of these players who look utterly lost? Where has the response to the goal been? It's all just so weak

I will say, even though we've not played great, their keeper has made same great saves and we've not had much luck with the drop of the ball in the area.  I'm discounting of course the fact that Williams should be off.

Just now, xsaint08 said:

This game, if only we had a clinical finisher... the result could have be different,,,

Yep. As much as DCL Huff's and puffs he doesn't blow the house down.

He works so hard but just doesn't have that cutting edge yet.

Lyon

On 26 June 2017, Traoré left Chelsea to join Ligue 1 side Olympique Lyonnais on a five-year contract for an initial transfer fee of €10 million (£8.8 million), plus potential add-ons. Chelsea reportedly inserted a buy-back clause into Traoré's contract and would receive 15 per cent of any profit made by Lyon on the fee should they sell Traoré in the future. Chelsea would also have first refusal should Traoré move again.

Just now, Swarzy said:

Lyon

On 26 June 2017, Traoré left Chelsea to join Ligue 1 side Olympique Lyonnais on a five-year contract for an initial transfer fee of €10 million (£8.8 million), plus potential add-ons. Chelsea reportedly inserted a buy-back clause into Traoré's contract and would receive 15 per cent of any profit made by Lyon on the fee should they sell Traoré in the future. Chelsea would also have first refusal should Traoré move again.

Looks a steal for that money.

Just now, badaids said:

Don't joke, I'd take Allardyce over Koeman any day.

Koeman's body language on the sideline's...  looks like he is totally lost faith in his players and himself.

I'd take Allardyce. At least you know what you are going to get with him. I'd rather win ugly than not win at all.

6 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Very clear we need a striker who can finish and that also is good in the air. So many crosses played into an area with no player with heading ability

Koeman knew that since March but chose to spend the best part of £50m on yet another midfielder.

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Get Rafa Benitez. He has no future at Newcastle with Fat Ashley putting the club up for sale.

Probably he will rather wait for new investors to pass him the cash bag. Like koeman, he could spend another 150 M and chances are he will buy much better players...

Just now, nogs said:

The worst indictment is I knew that would be the result. If I wasn't a toffee I'd bet against us every game. We're that bad. If Koeman stays we could end up relegated. It's like the 90s all over again. 

With Wazza in place of Gazza.

All we need now is to resign David Ginola and any other old has beens

Just now, marcopaulo said:

Sandro needs loaning out

What does martina do? He's shit in his natural position nevermind out of position.

I'm embarrassed to be a blue

I am embarrassed to claim Koeman is Blue's manager,,,

6 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

There was after the scuffle and our goal. Still can't build off of it though 

That's what I could hear through the radio feed, but after we conceded the second it was as if all the air was sucked out of the place. I couldn't even hear a rally when 5 minutes of extra time was posted. I can't blame the faithful.....if there's any of those left :(

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHFuck Sake.

Can't question the effort. But the confidence of these players is shot. We can't buy a win at the moment. Too many individual errors. Simple things just won't come off.

Can't see how we can progress now in the Europa now.

So so frustrating. I thought we were going to get this one before they scored the 2nd, and that just knocked the wind out of us.

Fair shout to the Goodison faithful, can't ask for much more from them (except the hobby knobhead shouting 'you're shit, youre fucking shite' at Sigurdsson when trying to take a corner...why do these fuckers bother going to games?)

What next. Pfft.

28 minutes ago, nogs said:

And no fight after they scored again. Nothing to get the crowd going

Davies and Holgate were still hunting down everything they could and so did Sandro in fairness to him. Not much quality but they gave it a go!

When we conceded the second goal we needed one player to let the lads know, you got back I to this and very nearly took the lead... we can do it again!

that person would need to be a born winner, someone like Rooney. Only one person to blame for him not getting any minutes tonight.

williams.... that was needed, but from more than just one person. 

Mirralas? First half you were great, but then Kevin came out again for the rest of the match. What is it mentally with him? Somethings not right.

Klaassen?????? Eh? Stop comparing him with Naismith, it’s not fair on Steven. Klaasen is shit.

Vlasic was not the same tonight. 

Pickford was average again. Distribution was awful.

Cuco, had two bad moments, but generally solid. Although he is the fans go to boy.

Keane... still looking overpriced.

Davies, tried hard but needs more game time.

DCL, still looks good, but being left to rot out there on his own.

Holgate, feel sorry for him. Awful tackle, schoolboy stuff. But solid otherwise.

Morgan... phew, he’s injured. Pretty sure performances will improve now that broken down rolls Royce is out.

we didn’t play that bad to be fair. We had our moments but didn’t take advantage. They hit us when they needed to, but looked vulnerable.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Should've have been in that situation, defenders (inc him) ball-watching on the run-up; we should have cleared it.

Keane was very lethargic. It's like watching slow motion replay at times. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

But he is good enough. Captained a side to the final of this last year, scored twenty goals and completely adored by Ajax fans (who aren't easy to please); he can obviously play. For whatever reason he's not doing it for us so far. Don't ask me what the reason is.

Klaassen really struggled but wasn't helped at all by the team. Plays well with Rooney as he has the quality and it proactive. 

At times today Klaassen was the only one showing for the ball, gets it and then had no one moving for him to pass to. Inevitably loses the ball and the fans got in his back. Whole team wasn't good enough. DCL really struggled to top, should have started Rooney. 

Koeman can fuck off and take Schneiderlin and Keane with him. No commitment, no fight, simply not Everton. Show Gana, Sandro and Martina the door as well. They aren't even footballers, doubt they'd start in any team in the Prem. 

The best we’ve played all season to be honest. Genuinely thought we’d go on to win it after getting the equaliser but then their second goal killed us. That’s what happens when you’re a team down on confidence. 

For the first time this season there were things to build on from a game, even though it’s another defeat. I hope that tonight shows Koeman the system we need to be playing but I have a horrible feeling that come Sunday afternoon we’ll be back with he paceless first 11 we’ve been treated to, with no width. 

the longer Koeman is the manager, the deeper in the shite we will find ourselves.  If he is still here by the return leg we will not only be out of europe, we will be following it with being out of the domestic cups and the premier league,  in fact we will be Villa mark 2