IGNORED

Chelsea (League Cup away) - Wednesday 25th October

FairWooney

I'm pretty sure Chelsea could feel any 11 players for this tin pot game and could beat whatever team we put out.

Koeman could always let Unsworth take charge and send his u23's out for a game.  They'd probably preform better and show up Koeman anyway.  A good rehersal for Rhino!

Stek

Kenny   Holgate   Jagielka   Martina

Besic       Davis

C/L                 Sig              Mirallas

Sandro/Niasse

What's Garbutt like these days?  I like him when he first broke into the side but he's not been near it since he went on loan and did his leg for most of the season.  If he's playing well I'd give him a game at left back to rest Baines rather than Martina.

I agree with their talk on match of the day that Calvert Lewin shouldn't be centre forward by himself, while he gets stuck in and tries to hold things up it's really not where he's suited and for me he's not ever looked particularly dangerous in front of goal.  He's got decent pace though and often works hard down the wing able to get a good ball in.  For now I think if he's playing he should be out wide.

I'd like to see some crunching tackles from Besic, a good bit of agression that we lack.

anything under 5 would be good. 

Pickford

Keane Williams jags Baines

Besic Davies

Mirallas Rooney Sandro

Niasse

Keane in right back to see if he can manage to defend there at all unlike the rest at the moment. 

Besic and Davies sitting doing whatever they want.

Mirallas played alright the other day so get him in and the rest have sort of just been picked from a hat.

The teams that have been posted here are as bad Koemans teams.  Nobody has selected our best outfield player in the matches he's been involved in.

Nikoli Vlasic.  Also time to play Besic and Davies on a regular basis.

Until we play the players who want to go forward  and have some fire in their bellies, we will always be easy meat for any side we play.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

The teams that have been posted here are as bad Koemans teams.  Nobody has selected our best outfield player in the matches he's been involved in.

Nikoli Vlasic.  Also time to play Besic and Davies on a regular basis.

Until we play the players who want to go forward  and have some fire in their bellies, we will always be easy meat for any side we play.

That's because he's injured, Bill. But good choice for central midfield!

Tough start for Unsy but the hope is that we perform better than Koeman did against them. Koeman prepared the team to bend over and take it up the jacksy so hopefully we will see more shots on their goal from our lads and less shots on goal from theirs.

We need to put out our best side and I would include half the U23s in that.

I'd leave Keane out. He's shot at. Needs time out to gather himself up again.

Holgate alongside Jags for me.

Let's start playing players in their natural position and leave out players who have been below par (I mean really below par!!!).

Play Morgan at DCM but take the shackles off and allow him to play more freely.

Davies along with Morgan.

Up top gets difficult. Vlasic on one wing and either Mirallas or Lookman on the other...although both are hot and cold.

Leaves central and striker left...stuck now. I see why Koeman found it so hard!!!

I’d go 4-1-4-1. Kenny,jags, Keane,Baines, basic holding. Vlasic,gilfi,Davies,mirrallas or lookman on the right and DCL up top. 

Pickford

kenny           Jags          Keane        Baines

Besic

lookman       Gilfi           Davies          Vlasic

DCL 

Its tough to work out what Unsy is going to do tomorrow as I expect he will want to play Rooney but I think that may be his downfall.

I think it will look like this:

Pickford

Holgate - Keane - Jags - Baines

Davies - Besic (assuming that Gana is now suspended)

Vlasic            Rooney            Mirallas

DCL

I thought he might go 442 with Rooney alongside DCL but I expect he will want more cover in midfield and therefore he will play deeper.  I would like to Vlasic in the place of Rooney and then whilst I am not his biggest fan, Lookman on the right (to see if Unsy can get more out of him).

He might even drop one of the CBs for Holgate and have Kenny at RB but I expect he will want those experienced heads at the back.

The problem with playing Rooney alongside DCL is that if Rooney doesn't see the ball for five minutes he will be back in his own penalty area looking for it.  He doesn't seem to have the discipline (or fitness) required of a striker, to make the runs up front and rely on others to make the passes.

18 minutes ago, johnh said:

The problem with playing Rooney alongside DCL is that if Rooney doesn't see the ball for five minutes he will be back in his own penalty area looking for it.  He doesn't seem to have the discipline (or fitness) required of a striker, to make the runs up front and rely on others to make the passes.

He doesn’t trust others to be able to make the passes more like. 

18 minutes ago, johnh said:

3 hours ago, johnh said:

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thats why I think it might be his down fall. If he doesn't get him to stay in position it won't work very well. 

I also wonder whether McCarthy will be involved, he was pretty clear that he was fit.

I think it’s important to dump Sigurdsson and start playing Rooney and DCL together. We need at least one natural goal scorer on the pitch (it’s clear DCL isn’t one at this point in time), while DCL can still provide us with that out ball and counter attacking threat that we’d lack just playing Rooney up front on his own. 

Obviously these are just my thoughts and I’ll be curious to see how Unsy goes about it :P