IGNORED

Chelsea (League Cup away) - Wednesday 25th October

FairWooney

4 hours ago, aaron said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Besic is all that? sure he plays with his heart on is sleeve but from what I've seen im just not impressed and playing him against Chelsea isn't going to be a good idea.

No I'm not a fan but I think Unsy will prefer his passion and mobility more than Schneiderlins  (with Gana out). I hope McCarthy is fit. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

all depends on what team Chelsea put out - but lets just say Unsworth will have a view on how we can use our squad better than Koeman.

He will also likely motivate them to the point that they cover more ground etc etc

It's not like Chelsea aren't beatable but it will take a bloody good performance. They are sure to make a couple of chances but my Chelsea supporting mate doesn't think it will be wholesale as he might need to win the trophy as the league is looking unlikely now.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It's not like Chelsea aren't beatable but it will take a bloody good performance. They are sure to make a couple of chances but my Chelsea supporting mate doesn't think it will be wholesale as he might need to win the trophy as the league is looking unlikely now.

Put it this way - I'm having a tenner at 6/1

5 hours ago, aaron said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Besic is all that? sure he plays with his heart on is sleeve but from what I've seen im just not impressed and playing him against Chelsea isn't going to be a good idea.

No, you're not the only one. And maybe we'll see some matches without the use of DM. We need to give Unsworth some time to set up a steady team.

Against Chelski today hmmm. No doubt it'll be tough for our boys. Then again, I'm sure some are quite motivated to show what they can do.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

after hearing unsy speech here is my lineup

Pickford

Kenny Keane Jags Baines

Vlasic McCarthy Davies Lookman

Rooney DCL

Is McCarthy not assuming his usual position on the treatment table?

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Only one summer signing starting. Pleased to see Joel on the bench ahead of Stek; though if it goes to pens I might change my mind:unsure:.

You forgotten the game against West Ham? So long as he doesn't have to take one, he'd be fine ;)

That is such a weird setup

A win will be ace but for me it's more about the performance.

I'm not sure enough can change in 2 days and a couple of training sessions to see a massive difference but I'm sure we'll see some sort of improvement.

I'd like to see us pass quicker rather than the current 'touch - look up - touch - look up - touch - pass or get closed down' style of play. Even my missus noticed how slow it was on Sunday.

Quicker play. More progressive style. Players looking like they have a role and know it. Some controlled aggression and active closing down. Plenty of movement.

That'll be a start then build from there over the coming games.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

DNADgh2WsAAcV6y.jpg

Oooh. Interesting.

Young Beni straight in who we know nothing about.

Proper wingers though. The overall team doesn't look too bad. Different but can't do any worse than what's been happening.

Low priority game maybe? Resting for the league games?

Just now, Newty82 said:

Oooh. Interesting.

Young Beni straight in who we know nothing about.

Proper wingers though. The overall team doesn't look too bad. Different but can't do any worse than what's been happening.

Low priority game maybe? Resting for the league games?

I had a feeling Beni would play. Unsworth rates him big time.