IGNORED

Chelsea (League Cup away) - Wednesday 25th October

FairWooney

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Should be DCL up top, Rooney shouldn't be playing 

Even when he has time for a touch he is fucking it up. He isn't helping us defensively either. 

Baines has been pretty terrible so far. 

We are playing too cautiously,there are times we can play forward or round the corner and we are going backwards instead. We desperately need some confidence.

We have Sunday league centre halfs. I fucking rage when they get the ball from Pickford. They are probably the worse passers of a ball in the premiership.

They play like defenders from the early 90's

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Baines can't get up and down any more. It's time to look for a replacement. Williams is so slow that when Baines gets caught upfield he is massively exposed.

Rooney is hopeless, it's been a terrible signing

Chelsea's second choice right back is tearing him apart.  Have we no one in the 23s or on loan?

Just now, chicagoblue said:

Chelsea's second choice right back is tearing him apart.  Have we no one in the 23s or on loan?

Part of the problem is that he is pinned so far back because we are so defensive. If we can get some meaningful possession, hopefully he will start showing us what he can do. He has been very disappointing though.

1 minute ago, chicagoblue said:

Luke Garbutt, but I don't think he's registered with the squad and is too old to count as a U21 or whatever the limit to that rule is.

Brendan Galloway, but he's hardly inspired on loan at Sunderland and most say he's not a natural leftback

I'd like us to go and get Bertrand in January. And also a centre half who can pass out. Even when jags and the other melon have no one closing them down, they still can't play a straight pass to each others feet.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Don't know why Lennon is getting bashed. He and Kenny have locked down that right hand side, it's that Zapha Costa who is tearing us open down our left with Mirallas, Baines and Williams all having a nightmare.

Williams has been 50/50 for me. Mirallas isn't tracking back, so Baines is constantly over exposed (though he's not played well by any stretch)

the kids have played very well, just missing someone upfront

Expected us to come out, press and cause problems with that line up.

Instead we've sat back, invited pressure we can't deal with and passed the ball between the centre halfs in a resulting hoof up the field to nobody.

I genuinely feel Koeman would have been better off losing this game in time for an easier game on Sunday. 

I thought Unsy wanted us to get more shots off? So far I can't remember one.

Ok so not quite what I had hoped for. We have barely had a meaningful kick in their half but at the same time shown that we can defend pretty well. I guess that was step 1 in getting the confidence up as we have been leaky as fuck. I think Pickford has only made one save and that was bread and butter. He had made about 8 this time at the weekend.

We are pretty useless going forward. Our wingers are too deep, Rooney is isolated albeit if he could hold up the ball instead of giving it away the support is trying to get to him but as they get there the ball is back with a Chelsea player. DCL would make a difference. I think Niasse would too. Once we get the ball, hopefully our wingers will on the ball a bit more in dangerous positions rather than defensive ones.

I expect Unsy wanted us to keep it tight and then play a bit more the longer the game goes. Having gone down to a silly goal ruins that plan a little but we are only one down and if we score it will rock them a little and give us half a yard.