IGNORED

David Unsworth

The mess we are in as said above is not Unsworth making. There is a need for a major revamp in the squad, too much money was spent chasing unneeded players in the summer and paying way over the odds because Koeman for some reason wanted them, whilst keeping saying we needed a target man and left sided defender.

There's plenty of time to change things round, I see improvement in the way the team are playing just need one good result hopefully against Watford to turn the season around.

Remember we have played most of the top teams so things should get easier till xmas at least.

The likes of Big Sam or Dyche may do better than people think due to them not being used to managing a team with our budget, or they may struggle.

We need to get a top Manager or give it to Unsworth till the next window, there's no way we will go down.

This is comfortably the worse Everton side I’ve ever seen , and I’ve seen some dross

Try and name 3 worse sides in the Premiership, there aren’t any
I said before Koeman was sacked that I didn’t think any manager could do much with this squad and I still feel the same
Our only hope is that we aren’t too far adrift at the at the bottom when the window opens ,even then there is no guarantee we can get a decent striker in

14 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is comfortably the worse Everton side I’ve ever seen , and I’ve seen some dross

Try and name 3 worse sides in the Premiership, there aren’t any
I said before Koeman was sacked that I didn’t think any manager could do much with this squad and I still feel the same
Our only hope is that we aren’t too far adrift at the at the bottom when the window opens ,even then there is no guarantee we can get a decent striker in

Martinez's second season had us in the same predicament, that got turned around.

I don't buy the age argument. Age brings a decline in speed and agility, but also brings a fuck ton of experience which, especially now, is essential.

I think I predicted us to finish 10th, or there abouts. We'll do so, but it isn't going to be pretty to watch. Again.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Martinez's second season had us in the same predicament, that got turned around.

I don't buy the age argument. Age brings a decline in speed and agility, but also brings a fuck ton of experience which, especially now, is essential.

I think I predicted us to finish 10th, or there abouts. We'll do so, but it isn't going to be pretty to watch. Again.

Experience is worth jack shit when you are up against players faster and sharper.  Years ago you could get away with professional fouls.... now you get two bites at that and you are out the game.

Gueye, williams and schneiderlin are collecting cards because they are either exposed or too slow to win the ball properly. Baines looks like he's ready to retire. 

Experience doesn't equal character either... DCL, davies, beningime and niasse are very inexperienced but at the moment are the only players who look like they have the heart for the fight 

Just now, hafnia said:

Experience is worth jack shit when you are up against players faster and sharper.  Years ago you could get away with professional fouls.... now you get two bites at that and you are out the game.

Gueye, williams and schneiderlin are collecting cards because they are either exposed or too slow to win the ball properly. Baines looks like he's ready to retire. 

Experience doesn't equal character either... DCL, davies, beningime and niasse are very inexperienced but at the moment are the only players who look like they have the heart for the fight 

Experience lets you predict where those fast players will go, sometimes before they know it. Barry is a perfect example.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Experience lets you predict where those fast players will go, sometimes before they know it. Barry is a perfect example.

Barry took a booking most games. You can have a Barry in the side but not more than 1 or 2 players with no legs.... we have a load of them.

We look like one of those sports aid sides where the likes of Peter Reid and Matt letisser get fit 3 weeks before the match and trot around.

It's a fookin mess. 

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Barry took a booking most games. You can have a Barry in the side but not more than 1 or 2 players with no legs.... we have a load of them.

We look like one of those sports aid sides where the likes of Peter Reid and Matt letisser get fit 3 weeks before the match and trot around.

It's a fookin mess. 

Very true, and none of them are close to the same level as Barry. 

And don't knock the Sport aid games, they're exhausting :P

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

It's a fookin mess. 

Funnily enough he's not got one so far this season. Usually he's take them because of someone else's error, Gana's positioning or Davies' lack of experience. Didn't have the legs so had to take the yellow, oddly enough the type of yellow I mean about captain boring not taking, ones to help your teammates. Barry was that good for us he hid Koeman's shiteness. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

It's a fookin mess. 

I think this is the point. Its  good thing to have players with experience that maybe dont have the same legs, but they have to have the right players around them to make it work or at the very least a formation to help make it work.

Look at Leicesters title winning side, boats for centre backs, Drinkwater isn't rapid either but those core players were surrounded by pace and energy. They sat deep to make sure they weren't exposed and used the pace to get them up the pitch.

We have tried to play on the front foot with leggy centre backs and left back (who are also being asked to play more games than they ideally want), we have brought in slow players like Rooney, Siggy, Klaasen, Schneiderlin and lost the pace of Rom, to some extent Barkley and Coleman. Either play the slower players, sit deep and counter or play the more mobile players and get on the front foot and press high up the pitch.

That’s my biggest worry, I don’t think this squad has the stomach to survive a relegation fight

If you watch the interview post match on Facebook they show before they ask him the questions and he goes from sheer jubilation to emotion (holds back tears) and gathers himself and gives the interview.  The OS just starts at the interview part.

You can can see what it really meant for him to turn it around.  It was touching.

35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree Romey. I get the feeling he is trying to keep it tight  and build confidence but we just don't have the players to do it. He needs to be bold and play his way with pace and width.

Which in a fairness to him he did second half. And it worked. 

The difference with Koeman? There was fight there yesterday. For the first time in ages we didn't just crumble when we went behind. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

What I don't get, is we play three away games with wingers and a bit of pace. We then play at home and go narrow and slow. Maybe a reaction to three beatings, but if anything id want to see width and pace at home. Lookman and Lennon actually made a difference when they came on.

I just don't see the logic really.

I think it must be a reaction to the other defeats, otherwise you are right in that it doesn't make sense.

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As someone who has recently had the same happen to them in the workplace I imagine he will be a combination of fuming, confused & exasperated before turning apathetic and looking to move on!

Empathise with that mate; happened to me 30+ years ago when someone was brought in from outside because his family were friends with a director. He was younger than me and had no experience in our field. I actually didn't take the apathetic/move on option but confronted the directors and got a pay rise plus agreement that he wasn't my superior; we actually became good friends after a while. Off topic but you triggered a memory:).