IGNORED

David Unsworth

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

you thick matt?  FFS trophies are more than the league.  FA cup and League cup, united and arsenal are winning them every other year (reminder we haven't won either in 22 years).  So you only base big club on how many times they won the league?  

Not thick, and no don't know why you're resorting to insults. 

No, it's not just the league. Add FA Cups too if you like. We're still way ahead of 95% of teams. We are short in European competitions, but again won more than most in the league at the moment  

Just now, hafnia said:

Oh in which case Portsmouth and Wigan must be big...... fa cup winners.... Wimbledon?

you thick too?  i'm talking about THE TOTAL FUCKING EQUATION, not one piece.  Tophies (PLURAL MULTIPLE NOT JUST THE LEAGUE OR FA CUP), stadium, revenue, euro success, top players, following. 

Pompey got none of that, neither wigan, neither everton.  we just got history.  stadium is old and crumbling, revenue average, euro success none, top players 2 in 20 years, following average (not like we sell out even the cup matches).

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

one league win doesn' tmake a club big, it's all the things i've listed, history, stadium, following, euro success, top players, revenue, etc.  they have none of that.  so no.

Aaaah, so recent success is only relevant when you want it to be? Here's some figures for you...

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

you thick too?  i'm talking about THE TOTAL FUCKING EQUATION, not one piece.  Tophies (PLURAL MULTIPLE NOT JUST THE LEAGUE OR FA CUP), stadium, revenue, euro success, top players, following. 

Pompey got none of that, neither wigan, neither everton.  we just got history.  stadium is old and crumbling, revenue average, euro success none, top players 2 in 20 years, following average (not like we sell out even the cup matches).

And what a history. I was going to put some figures out for you, but you clearly don't want to discuss fact and are resorting to making things up

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Aaaah, so recent success is only relevant when you want it to be? Here's some figures for you...

And what a history. I was going to put some figures out for you, but you clearly don't want to discuss fact and are resorting to making things up

yeah its' my fucking opinion of the size of the club, so you're right i can believe whatever i want.  not sure why we all have to agree with your valuation of the club.  

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Nothing thick about me either nob head.

Maybe you need to stop educating yourself through media sources.... it's polluting your ability to think for yourself.

You are getting agitated as your stupid examples of what makes a club big are getting shot down. 

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

yeah its' my fucking opinion of the size of the club, so you're right i can believe whatever i want.  not sure why we all have to agree with your valuation of the club.  

I'm not saying you have to agree, I'm providing evidence to back up my argument.

Fuck me, you're touchy today. You want to belittle the size of the club, go ahead. I'd rather celebrate our club and all it's history, even if recently it's not good enough

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

You can believe whatever you want... your still wrong though.

Everton are a big club and k own throughout Europe, that’s a fact. You can choose to follow your own opinion, that’s up to you.

Just now, Shukes said:

You can believe whatever you want... your still wrong though.

Everton are a big club and k own throughout Europe, that’s a fact. You can choose to follow your own opinion, that’s up to you.

With all due respect.... he lives on the other side of the pond and has no real grasp of the size of our club.

I say that with a degree of pity. 

Everton is a unique club.... he talks about goodison being old and crumbling.  Well..... he hasn't been lucky enough to attend one of those games where the noise makes you literally shit yourself and opponents crumble. 

He's judging size using some fuckin algorithm which = bullshit. 

If we allow people to tell us we are small.... then they've had we will become. Tell them to fuck off. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

With all due respect.... he lives on the other side of the pond and has no real grasp of the size of our club.

Everton is a unique club.... he talks about goodison being old and crumbling.  Well..... he hasn't been lucky enough to attend one of those games where the noise makes you literally shit yourself and opponents crumble. 

If we allow people to tell us we are small.... then they've had we will become. Tell them to fuck off. 

Location is irrelevant and unnecessary to mention. 

Agree with the rest

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Haf calm down mate Marks a liked member of TTF no need to get so animated just a difference opinion.

Just now, hafnia said:

It can be the only explanation ...

I'd like for him to experience such a match as i described. His opinion would be different....

It just doesn't need to be said, Haf. It's like the argument for watching on the TV or going the game - we're all supporters.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf calm down mate Marks a liked member of TTF no need to get so animated just a difference opinion.

I'm not having a go at him.. despite him calling me thick. 

I'm offering an explanation.  I'm not a frequent match goer- however going the match made it's mark on me forever. 

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'm not having a go at him.. despite him calling me thick. 

I'm offering an explanation.  I'm not a frequent match goer- however going the match made it's mark on me forever. 

It can come across as personal, that's all I'm saying

I think anyone expecting an instant improvement in attack was kidding themselves. We've been shit at it all season, so I was expecting us to be slow in improvement in that regard. But as the game went on we grew in that respect, it bodes well for Sunday. 

Even though both goals we conceded came from poor defending we did look more solid, more organised. 

I think we'll have a lot of performances we can be proud of in the coming weeks. Will we have a lot of results we can be proud of? I think the team is now energized, I think they are now organized, but we are still lacking a clinical number 9 who can finish chances in the box. Not to be a debbie downer, but I do worry that we don't have the players we need in the final third of the pitch bar the 10,000 #10's we now own. 

In one day he has done so well. I can't believe how organised we were, how much more fight we had and despite a very slow start, how many chances we created.

I know this wasnt the full strength Chelsea side but it wasn't ours either and given how shocking we have been against Chelsea, especially at their gaff, that really was some performance. 

We created more clear chances in that 2nd half than Koeman did in all 3 games against them... just think about that and how much it says.