IGNORED

David Unsworth

So much better without Schneiderlin and Gueye available to start. The two of them, Klaassen, and Sigurdsson are going to have to prove they deserve to be starters. McCarthy is back, so there will soon be more aggression in midfield. The youngsters are hungry to impress and stake their claim. This is what we need: no favorites, no players guaranteed a start, and plenty of heart. Drop Rooney and play DCL. Play Vlasic, and use Lennon and Niasse as subs. Play McCarthy and Besic together, please. Alternate Jagielka or Williams with Holgate. It may take until after the international break to get the wins, but this is a great start. Isn't it good to see a manager so passionate, so involved, and so eager to win? Thank you, Mr Moshiri, sir.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

So much better without Schneiderlin and Gueye available to start. The two of them, Klaassen, and Sigurdsson are going to have to prove they deserve to be starters. McCarthy is back, so there will soon be more aggression in midfield. The youngsters are hungry to impress and stake their claim. This is what we need: no favorites, no players guaranteed a start, and plenty of heart. Drop Rooney and play DCL. Play Vlasic, and use Lennon and Niasse as subs. Play McCarthy and Besic together, please. Alternate Jagielka or Williams with Holgate. It may take until after the international break to get the wins, but this is a great start. Isn't it good to see a manager so passionate, so involved, and so eager to win? Thank you, Mr Moshiri, sir.

I don't know that we should rush to conclusions on players before we've seen them given a chance under a new manager. Most of our players have looked shit this season, and several of them played well today. At any rate, I don't think Gana is a player who needs convincing to assert himself in midfield. If anything, he goes a bit too hard sometimes. I think the keys will be Unsworth (or whoever our longer term manager ends up being) giving them structure, clear tactics, understandable roles, and the belief that will keep them playing on the front foot. 

3 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

As someone also on the other side of the pond, I can say a large portion of other American fans tend to regard Everton as an afterthought. But, both cities I've lived in as an adult (Buffalo and Philadelphia) have great Everton supporters. It isn't the largest group of supporters (most American fans have only started following clubs in the past 10 years or so and tend to go with those clubs who have seen consistent success more recently), but we are dedicated, know the game, know the club, and we are like family. Side note: Here in Philly, we even have an Everton bar! It feels great to walk in there for any given match and see a crowd in their Everton gear, see Everton memorabilia all over the walls, and do nothing but talk Everton for a few hours. 

That said, while my fellow Americans tend to treat Everton as an afterthought or a plucky underdog (in other words, with a disrespect indicative of their shallow engagement with the sport as a whole), the European transplants (mostly Spanish, Italian, and German, over the age of 30) I know have the utmost respect for Everton. Their disdain for clubs like Chelsea (a favorite of 18-year-olds everywhere) is palpable, too. 

My point exactly.....  some evertoniams dontvwant us to be a "big" club..... more a fashionable lesser club.

A bit like NFL geeks.... it's blatant if you support the patriots - supporting someone like green bay or Atlanta is far more credible. 

22 minutes ago, Sev said:

I think it's quite clear that Unsworth knows the players much much better than Koeman did. An advantage that I think will benefit the team, the club in several ways.

Do any here know if he (Unsworth...wink at MikeO) is actually interested in a permanent position as manager for the first team?

Yes, he is.

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

Being a Geordie quite disappointed you never mentioned the Toon.

Definitely not a big club. Sunderland are bigger to the neutral. 

Everton are the fourth most successful, although we haven't won the league for 30 years. Liverpool are the second biggest and haven't won it for almost as long as us. No one questions them, no one should be questioning our position unless Chelsea win it three more times or City manage 5 more, or better yet we do another four. 

Here's to Unsworth looking up. 

I'm sold on Unsworth. His attitude and passion for this club cannot be bettered. Its also legit - it comes from the heart - this guy knows EFC and he is passionate. I Loved his comment about "letting the players express themselves". Fucking beautiful right there....A+. He's already a winner with the U23's, and imagine what he can accomplish with even stronger players. 

I don't think its too soon to make this decision....I say pull the trigger. Love this chap. 

6 minutes ago, chalkpie said:

I'm sold on Unsworth. His attitude and passion for this club cannot be bettered. Its also legit - it comes from the heart - this guy knows EFC and he is passionate. I Loved his comment about "letting the players express themselves". Fucking beautiful right there....A+. He's already a winner with the U23's, and imagine what he can accomplish with even stronger players. 

I don't think its too soon to make this decision....I say pull the trigger. Love this chap. 

He may yet prove to be a top manager, but let us not get too hasty.  Let us first get a few games over with. 

Anyone who thinks he’s good enough for the job needs a lobotomy. Poor team selection, poor subs- fuck all has changed.

Have to agree awful team selection today, played straight Ito their hands then shut up shop when we were 2-0 down

If Vlasic isn’t injuredwhy the fuck has he dropped him from the squad?

14 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Anyone who thinks he’s good enough for the job needs a lobotomy. Poor team selection, poor subs- fuck all has changed.

Not like you to over react Pad. It didn't work today, he will learn from it. 

The bigger question is whether we can afford him to make those mistakes? Considering where we are I don't think we can.

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Have to agree awful team selection today, played straight Ito their hands ,the. Shut up shop when we were 2-0 down

If Vlasic isn’t injuredwhy the fuck has he dropped him from the squad?

I think he is injured?

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Not like you to over react Pad. It didn't work today, he will learn from it. 

The bigger question is whether we can afford him to make those mistakes? Considering where we are I don't think we can.

Fuck all to do with over reaction Baily and everything to do with people wanting to give an unproven manager the keys to a  job that will most probably be out of his depth - but fuck it, lets gamble even more with our season. We will go down if something isn’t done- our goal difference is second worst in the league and we have 8 points from 10 games but lets give it to a manager who has to learm from his mistakes.

Yes Pad I have. But I also recognise that Koeman got the sack and there isn’t a dole queue of great managers to pick from.

i also see that this is one game, one game since the last manager lost his job. 

And I still feel that we showed more in that match than we have done in any other match this season. The first goal was a shambles, the second, an individual mistake.

Just now, Shukes said:

Yes Pad I have. But I also recognise that Koeman got the sack and there isn’t a dole queue of great managers to pick from.

i also see that this is one game, one game since the last manager lost his job. 

And I still feel that we showed more in that math than we have done in any other match this season. The first goal was a shambles, the second, an individual mistake.

We showed absolutely nothing- zero, zip, nada- FUCK ALL. Leicester scored twice then sat back and let us have the ball- they constantly gave us it back- we came at them they broke it down and just kicked it back to us and it was rinse and repeat and not once did we remotely look like scoring, not even a flicker of a chance.

He took Lennon off at HT the only player who looked left ke getting a goal or creating one, he gt in behind 3 times first half and DCL should score (another fucking sitter missed by him) and another is a stone wall pen yet he subs him for Niasse who is an utter waste of space. Davies was dreadful, Rooney was worse yet he takes amirallas off who at least was trying to make something happen.

we’re far too deep in shite to tske a punt on an unproven manager like Unsworth who will need to make mistakes to learn. 

13 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Probably didn’t come across right but it was kinda two questions, not heard anything to say he’s injured

By the by though ,terrible team selection and tactics, Koeman would have been hung out to dry for that

Yep he would be and so should Unsworth. He will know as much as anyone that it wasn't good enough. Hopefully he learns from it unlike his predecessor.

Not gonna argue Pad. But I will say I saw it all differently.

i agree Lennon was our most effective player.

DCLs sitter was a half chance at best. You see that happen in pretty much every match. Sometimes a player gets lucky as they can’t see the ball, and it goes in.

Mirralas was shot for 40 minutes. He had a brief spell where he looked devastating. But five minutes ain’t good enough.

second half we did put the effort in. We created chances. We controlled the game. It may be because they were defending a lead, but we have it a go.

Niasse isn’t a great player, but he is a pain in the arse. We won corners, had efforts and generally tried his best.

i agree we are in the shit mate. But it’s not a relegation scrap yet. Come on it’s not even Christmas.

i honestly think we will start to pick up points playing like this. If I’m wrong, I’ll be more sickened than anyone.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Not gonna argue Pad. But I will say I saw it all differently.

i agree Lennon was our most effective player.

DCLs sitter was a half chance at best. You see that happen in pretty much every match. Sometimes a player gets lucky as they can’t see the ball, and it goes in.

Mirralas was shot for 40 minutes. He had a brief spell where he looked devastating. But five minutes ain’t good enough.

second half we did put the effort in. We created chances. We controlled the game. It may be because they were defending a lead, but we have it a go.

Niasse isn’t a great player, but he is a pain in the arse. We won corners, had efforts and generally tried his best.

i agree we are in the shit mate. But it’s not a relegation scrap yet. Come on it’s not even Christmas.

i honestly think we will start to pick up points playing like this. If I’m wrong, I’ll be more sickened than anyone.

Shukes we didn’t create one single chance second half- we had the ball or practically the whole half and didn’t create a single chance.

It’s grim and we need someone in who knows what they are doing. Not a manager who is looking to cut his teeth. There was zero difference (productivity wise) today than there was with Koeman in charge.

We created a good few chances in the second half mate. Can’t really say we didn’t because... well we did.

Jahs had a few shots, DCL had a shot, Baines had a shot, Niasse has a few shots, Gana had one deflected over the bar.

under Koeman we finished a few matches with only two or three efforts at goal... and not a single one on target. That must show we created more chances shouldn’t it?

Jags was on target and so was Gana.