IGNORED

David Unsworth

I do like what Unsworth is about but I'm not sure how he can show us as he hasn t got the players to play how he wants.

He likes some width. For his first 2 games all he can call on is Lennon and Mirallas. Neither are electric. Lennon will work his arse off but just lacks that final piece. Mirallas you just can't rely on.

He likes to play with pace. An area that we really do lack.

He likes to play on the front foot. But our backline is badly aged. The legs and pace aren't there.

And then, of course, we aint got a striker and seem to reliant on a number 10 who keeps running back into his own half to pick up the ball.

His philosophy is right. His belief and will is there. He knows the club. But he doesn't have the players he needs, or at least the players he does have are not feeling great at the moment.

Pad we had about six shots. I’m not saying that we nearly scored, just that your comment that we created Nada, wasn’t right. 

I actually thought we were going to score in the second half. I was wrong, but I felt we were getting close.

But the amount of touches we had inside their penalty area should show we were creating problems.

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Name me one clear cut chance we created second half- because I ust of watched a different game. We probed and prodded but I can’t remember a single chance that I thought we even had the remotest chance of scoring from.

You are right to be fair.

We had plenty of shots. Plenty of possession. Plenty of the 'good' stats going in our favour.

But we didn't create a clear cut chance to score. This is a problem for us.

Just now, Shukes said:

Pad we had about six shots. I’m not saying that we nearly scored, just that your comment that we created Nada, wasn’t right. 

I actually thought we were going to score in the second half. I was wrong, but I felt we were getting close.

But the amount of touches we had inside their penalty area should show we were creating problems.

We did have shots...but most were from outside of the box and no threat.

I think Pad means clear chances where you'd find yourself gasping how close it was or how unlucky it was not to go in.

I can only remember one instance all game...that Lennon cut back to DCL in the first half.

We desperately need a forward. Biases try’s his best, but hasn’t the quality. DCL wins a lot of balls, but needs that finisher alongside him.

other teams get the ball in the penalty area and generally create problems. Ours is more huffing and puffing, with no quality.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

We did have shots...but most were from outside of the box and no threat.

I think Pad means clear chances where you'd find yourself gasping how close it was or how unlucky it was not to go in.

I can only remember one instance all game...that Lennon cut back to DCL in the first half.

Don’t disagree with him there. But I would say chances are not all efforts on goal. Getting the ball in the penalty area is creating chances and we did it enough today to create chances, we just didn’t have the quality once there.

i have saw teams create so much dangerous play without having an effort on goal, just like the Lennon/DCL chance. Biased had more touches in their penalty area in 45 minutes than our whole team.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Don’t disagree with him there. But I would say chances are not all efforts on goal. Getting the ball in the penalty area is creating chances and we did it enough today to create chances, we just didn’t have the quality once there.

i have saw teams create so much dangerous play without having an effort on goal, just like the Lennon/DCL chance. Biased had more touches in their penalty area in 45 minutes than our whole team.

The intent is definitely there. It's just a question of if Unsworth has the time to make it happen.

Just now, Newty82 said:

The intent is definitely there. It's just a question of if Unsworth has the time to make it happen.

This is where I am. I can see what he is trying to do. Create a more intense Everton. Can he do it in time? Can he do it at all? 

Give him till Christmas. We won’t get relegated by then. If we lose the next two or theee matches then we change it. But to write a manager off after one match is more than just premature for me.

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Shots on goal are not chances Shukes. A chance is when we create a situation where we are in behind or have broken a team down and there is a more probable than not chance we should score, a shot is just a shot, most sailed way off goal or bounced into the keepers hands harmlessly.

For all our better play, possesion, our much better than when Koeman was here moments we still never broke them down, got in behind them or had any clear cut opportunities where I thought “ fuck me how did we not score”. That is unacceptable and just because it’s a bit better than the previous 9 league games doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

It’s not good enough and we don’t have the time to give an unknown a chance. By Christmas we could be bottom and 10 points from safety- by that time, no top manager would touch us no matter how much money we offer- it’s that bad Shukes. We’re not scoring, we’re not creating chances, we’re leaking goals and look devoid of any idea. It needs changing and changing now.

There is no doubt in my mind that Unsy got it massively wrong today , but to be fair the crux of the matter is we are massively missing Lukaku . I don’t think any manager could get us out of this mess without signing a decent striker
Carrager got it spot on in the commentary , we cant do anything about the lack of goals until at lest January so we need to concentrate on the other end and try to stop leaking goals so easily

I think taking off the wide players showed Unsy had the balls to make a big call. They were one of the reasons we created chances in the first half but they were also a part of the reason we were struggling leaving us open. 

He took the wide men off and went 442 with Davies and Rooney widest so that we nullified the counter, which we did, but in the same breath it made it difficult to break them down as they got 9 men behind the ball and we couldn't stretch them. They didn't just kick it back to us, we killed off their counter, but we couldn't then do anything about reducing the deficit. 

We didn't create enough chances but Niasse should have had at least 3 shots on goal, one where Rooney put him 1 v 1, and another two where he had got by his man but either needed to drill a hard shot across the goal or cut the ball back for someone else. Not that I am saying that was good enough because it wasn't.  

Pickford didn't make another save, he had the fluke OG and the really good counter from Leicester (where Gana went kamikaze). We looked like a team low on confidence away from home and that ultimately cost us in that first half hour, Davies was the only one wanting to get on the ball, look up and move us forward.

No Pad. A shot on goal is a chance. Sorry mate but that’s fact not opinion. Simple fact is that if you shoot at goal and it’s on target, you have a chance to score. It’s been this way since Football began.

thats what chance is... a chance to score a goal.

an example of this is the second goal. A harmless ball out towards our goal, a bad slice from a young defender and it’s a goal.

i agree with you that there wasn’t any efforts where I thought... how didn’t we score. But again that’s another argument.

i also see your point that just because it was better than the previous nine, doesn’t make it acceptable. But it simple shows a step in the right direction.

im not going to try to convince you that Insworth needs more time, it’s plain to see your opinion on that. 

But mine hasn’t changed by anything you have put forward either. You may be right, you may end up being wrong. Either way.... it’s not enough time for me.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

No Pad. A shot on goal is a chance. Sorry mate but that’s fact not opinion. Simple fact is that if you shoot at goal and it’s on target, you have a chance to score. It’s been this way since Football began.

thats what chance is... a chance to score a goal.

an example of this is the second goal. A harmless ball out towards our goal, a bad slice from a young defender and it’s a goal.

i agree with you that there wasn’t any efforts where I thought... how didn’t we score. But again that’s another argument.

i also see your point that just because it was better than the previous nine, doesn’t make it acceptable. But it simple shows a step in the right direction.

im not going to try to convince you that Insworth needs more time, it’s plain to see your opinion on that. 

But mine hasn’t changed by anything you have put forward either. You may be right, you may end up being wrong. Either way.... it’s not enough time for me.

So if someone hits a shot and it pearolls at half a mile an hour at the goal it’s a chance? Don’t talk utter rubbish Shukes- and if you want to split hairs, most if the “chances” you claim we had didn’t hit the target- are they still classed as chances?

Just now, Paddock said:

So if someone hits a shot and it pearolls at half a mile an hour at the goal it’s a chance? Don’t talk utter rubbish Shukes- and if you want to split hairs, most if the “chances” you claim we had didn’t hit the target- are they still classed as chances?

Of course it is yes.

and nowhere did I say a chance that isn’t on target... isn’t a chance. You know that.

if you think a shot at goal isnt a chance then fair enough. To me... Pad your talking absolute garbage mate. 

Footbal basics, you don’t shoot, you don’t score. 

If that half a mile an hour shot bubbles as the keeper goes to pick it up and goes in.... is that a goal or is it disallowed as it wasn’t classed as a chance... by you. Did we only lose 1-0 because Grays goal wasn’t a real chance on goal? Of course not, don’t talk shit. It went in due to an horrendous slice. Fuck me Pad, they even credited him with the goal. That will go down on his tally.

a Player once said when called out for a lucky shot that went in...

”why is it lucky? I had a shot and it went in, what do you think I was trying to do?”

Just now, Shukes said:

Of course it is yes.

and nowhere did I say a chance that isn’t on target... isn’t a chance. You know that.

if you think a shot at goal isnt a chance then fair enough. To me... Pad your talking absolute garbage mate. 

Footbal basics, you don’t shoot, you don’t score. 

If that half a mile an hour shot bubbles as the keeper goes to pick it up and goes in.... is that a goal or is it disallowed as it wasn’t classed as a chance... by you. Did we only lose 1-0 because Grays goal wasn’t a real chance on goal? Of course not, don’t talk shit. It went in due to an horrendous slice. Fuck me Pad, they even credited him with the goal. That will go down on his tally.

a Player once said when called out for a lucky shot that went in...

”why is it lucky? I had a shot and it went in, what do you think I was trying to do?”

Shukes I can’t even bear to argue with you anymore,  you’re talking out of your arse mate. If you think a couple of shots from 20 yards that the goalie has saved with his toe done a few keepy ups with then caught is a chance then you have not the slightest clue.

before you say you never said that- you claimed we “created” or “had” chances in the second half when we clearly didn’t. If a few pot shots at goal is your idea of acceptable chances or somehow makes the performance more acceptable then you’ll be pleased when we’re in the chapionship.

This opportunity has come at the wrong time for him, we may need a manager who has been in this situation before and has successfully managed to stave off relegation in the past, and it fucking pains me to say it because earlier today I dismissed it completely we need to get Allardyce on a end of season contract, he knows how to get out of these situations let's not leave it to late we may not get another chance.

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Which kind of reiterates the point that we didn't create enough 'chances'.

We only had 2 shots on target. We aren't creating enough chances. We had a lot of shots, but with minimal fuss or danger.

5 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Shukes I can’t even bear to argue with you anymore,  you’re talking out of your arse mate. If you think a couple of shots from 20 yards that the goalie has saved with his toe done a few keepy ups with then caught is a chance then you have not the slightest clue.

before you say you never said that- you claimed we “created” or “had” chances in the second half when we clearly didn’t. If a few pot shots at goal is your idea of acceptable chances or somehow makes the performance more acceptable then you’ll be pleased when we’re in the chapionship.

Don’t backtrack mate it doesn’t become you.

sober up then think about what your saying. You said we created nothing, zip, nada. I pointed out that we did. Over the course of your posts you have changed it to acceptable chances... you do this often... I agreed that it wasn’t acceptable, or that the chances weren’t necessarily good chances, but still you shoot it down rather than say fair enough. Then you try to argue that a chance isn’t a chance unless it’s likely to end in a goal. I simply point out that a chance on goal, is a chance, no matter how good or bad it may be. You say that’s rubbish... so I point out that it’s actual fact rather than opinion. You still say im taking shit?

again for the last time for God’s sake. I’m not saying that it’s acceptable, just that facts are facts... even if it’s not Oads opinion. A chance on goal is a chance on goal.

example... can’t believe I have to explain this again. Gray sends in a cross that should be a simple chest, three kick ups and a catch in his shorts by Pickford.... ends up being sliced and goes into the net. 

I know you will never just agree with me, or just agree to disagree, so let’s kust leave it eh. It’s like arguing with Pete over Gana or Haf over Lukaku... sorry guys haha.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Which kind of reiterates the point that we didn't create enough 'chances'.

We only had 2 shots on target. We aren't creating enough chances. We had a lot of shots, but with minimal fuss or danger.

Totally agree Newty. I’m not in any way arguing that point mate. My point is the same as yours. Two shots on target and other shots off target.... are efforts... good or bad... they are still efforts. But that’s not Nada in my book.

Just now, Shukes said:

Totally agree Newty. I’m not in any way arguing that point mate. My point is the same as yours. Two shots on target and other shots off target.... are efforts... good or bad... they are still efforts. But that’s not Nada in my book.

Ah yeah. Ok. I see now...its all about specifics! Haha. We do this a lot on here I think!

What we all know, and agree with, is that this struggle to create chances and score goals whilst also being highly likely to concede is an absolute killer for any team.

Hashtag campaign...PrayForEverton!!!

Just now, Newty82 said:

Ah yeah. Ok. I see now...its all about specifics! Haha. We do this a lot on here I think!

What we all know, and agree with, is that this struggle to create chances and score goals whilst also being highly likely to concede is an absolute killer for any team.

Hashtag campaign...PrayForEverton!!!

Haha ye maybe picking flies a bit. But I honestly thought we were better today than in recent weeks. Still nowhere near good enough, but better. 

Like others have pointed out in other threads. A breakaway goal, littered with chances to stop the attack and a silly own goal. A sure fire penalty and numerous chances to do better up too. Someone mentioned that Niasse should have had three shots but messed up his first touch. Not great, not even good, but at least it wasn’t as dire as recent matches.

heres  hoping we can turn it around.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Your upset mate. I understand why as well, I am myself.

and I’m not saying your wrong. A lot of fans agree with you about the situation.

but my own opinion is that Unsworth is given till Christmas at least.

I agree with Shukes. I don't give a frying fuck if Sir Alex AND Jose walked in here to manage this mess - the point is we are a MESS -  with WAY bigger problems than can be solved in 2 or 3 matches. Koeman has set this squad up for failure in so many aspects, and here we are expecting miracles in 2 weeks. We need to look at reality right now folks - imo it wouldn't make a difference who you played today, we have issues. People are bitching and moaning that we didn't play the "new" guys - well guess what guys? We played the "new" guys since the summer and they given us dick-all. That's it, dick-all. I love the fact he didn't cater to the 150m spent this summer - he did what was best for the club, and if anybody can't see that, then you need better glasses. 

Give Unsworth time. We need some patience. We need some nurturing. We nned some love. We need to kick some of these players behinds We need to get rid of some players. We need to get some new players. But please don't expect miracles in the span of 11 days 'fer christsakes. Let's not turn this into Swansea and sack the chap after a few hours. 

This is clearly not Unsworth's time yet. He has zero experience at any top flight level and we are not in a position to nurture a Manager. Unsworth at the very least needs to work as a Number 2 to a Top Manager in the Premier League or manage elsewhere before becoming our Manager.. Under 23 football is nowhere near Premier League. 

Yes, we do have a frighteningly poor squad at the moment considering the investment but I don't think anyone would have picked his team or his subs for that matter today. I get the sentiment, but that doesn't win you football matches. We have a "management team" apparently of David Unsworth with side kicks of John Ebbrell, Duncan Ferguson and Joe Royle. In reality, it's a load of ex players with zero recent experience of being anywhere near top flight football. With Wayne Rooney coming back in the summer and now starting all the games, it's looking like jobs for the boys. Kenwright needs to stop thinking with his heart (you do get the impression that it's him pushing for this to be successful) and we need to get a manager in who can get the best out of the squad with zero affinity to any players. This includes Under 23s (Baningame aside who looks like he should be starting every week) and players from yester year.