IGNORED

David Unsworth

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

wow he eviscerated him.

He could've gone further, cited "fat" Sam for example; he seems to get people playing (not that I want him here).

Also, "He's a glorified PE teacher. He's an academy coach who shouldn't be managing a men's team." He coached an under 23 team to the league title last year. I think that counts as a "men's" team. 

And then he said he was a shit player. Bollocks; the man is a clueless imbecile.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He could've gone further, cited "fat" Sam for example; he seems to get people playing (not that I want him here).

Also, "He's a glorified PE teacher. He's an academy coach who shouldn't be managing a men's team." He coached an under 23 team to the league title last year. I think that counts as a "men's" team. 

And then he said he was a shit player. Bollocks; the man is a clueless imbecile.

Paul Ince gained a lot of respect from me after that.  

Really feel for Unsworth. Gana scores and we'd all be calling him a tactical genius. What can he do about Schneiderlin playing like a 14 year old? Or captain fantastic Williams abandoning ship after the first goal? Yeah he will not get the job now, we'll probably lose to Watford at the weekend too. But I'm willing to make a bet that whoever comes in, we'll still be in the relegation zone come Christmas. Our only hope is getting Bolas, Coleman and Mori back, convincing Barkley to stay, and making three or four signings that will both improve us at the back and get us goals. Because it isn't the manager, it isn't tactics - too many of the players we are having to send out are just fucking shite and don't deserve to wear our shirt. I'm talking six, seven players, maybe more. And unless we can replace them, we are in massive, massive danger of getting relegated. We're as bad as Villa were two seasons ago. 

4 minutes ago, nogs said:

Ive seen enough to think Unsworth could go on to be a very good manager. For an hour tonight, we were better from an organisation perspective than anything Koeman put out this season. He's done that in a week and a half. If I were him I'd be looking for a job in league football. With the right players with the right attitude, his approach could do very well. Just on a hiding to nothing working with the ill disciplined wankers in our senior squad at moment. 

You can’t say that! All the misery fans will be banging on your door with pitchforks. If you can’t turn it around in two weeks... then your shit and not worth it.... 

unless your Koeman, then you get 16 months.. and even then you will be defended.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You can’t say that! All the misery fans will be banging on your door with pitchforks. If you can’t turn it around in two weeks... then your shit and not worth it.... 

unless your Koeman, then you get 16 months.. and even then you will be defended.

You talk like we spent those 16 months at the bottom of the table, struggling. We didn’t. 

The end was shite, absolutely, but a lot of it was good and an improvement on what had come before. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

You talk like we spent those 16 months at the bottom of the table, struggling. We didn’t. 

The end was shite, absolutely, but a lot of it was good and an improvement on what had come before. 

I thought we had a Lukaku purple patch... other than that we seemed to meekly five in, I’m the cups... and roll over at the end of the season. 

You saw it differently, that’s fine. But not me, could see it a mile off. If it wasn’t for Lukakus purple patch we would have been mid table average again.

and stop picking on me... quote someone else haha!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I thought we had a Lukaku purple patch... other than that we seemed to meekly five in, I’m the cups... and roll over at the end of the season. 

You saw it differently, that’s fine. But not me, could see it a mile off. If it wasn’t for Lukakus purple patch we would have been mid table average again.

and stop picking on me... quote someone else haha!

:lol: not picking on you, sorry, you’re just one of the brave ones still on here after more shite from Everton. 

I’m not saying everything was rosy in Koeman’s first season, but we did do well, we didn’t finish 7th by accident. We didn’t fluke all of those wins. We didn’t fluke the massively improved home record. We qualified for Europe. 

That earned him more time when the shit was hitting the fan, and I think that’s absolutely how it should be. Martinez got the best part of two seasons of time to fix things. 

For nearly 70 mins, it seemed like a master stroke. Lookman missed an absolute sitter. Siggy... well he fluffed. And we restricted them to half chances, other than that cross shot. 

A senior player fucked up and we fell apart. The manager was close to receiving plaudits but instead will suffer the armchair.

It's a shame for Unsworth. I'm not sure he'll be allowed the time to show what he wants.

I think he has the right idea on how to play. But that line up tonight was not going for a win.

If we beat Watford in good style, it will justify leaving players out and playing with no striker and may buy him more time...but if we get beat, it will almost certainly be time up.

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Bring the pitchforks. I guarantee whoever we bring in will be getting booed by Xmas. Why? Because the playing squad is relegation material. Give Unsworth a transfer window, Barkley signing a new contract, Mori, Bolasie and Coleman back, he'd keep us up. But he won't, so we move on. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

:lol: not picking on you, sorry, you’re just one of the brave ones still on here after more shite from Everton. 

I’m not saying everything was rosy in Koeman’s first season, but we did do well, we didn’t finish 7th by accident. We didn’t fluke all of those wins. We didn’t fluke the massively improved home record. We qualified for Europe. 

That earned him more time when the shit was hitting the fan, and I think that’s absolutely how it should be. Martinez got the best part of two seasons of time to fix things. 

No I know mate. We did do well, but I always thought we were on a wave rather than deserving. I’m no tactician... just a passionate fan, so I may be a mile away from being right. But I do believe that Unsy is close to getting it right, he just needs the players to step up and perform now.

and you are picking on me, your almost like a Pad mark 2 haha!

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No I know mate. We did do well, but I always thought we were on a wave rather than deserving. I’m no tactician... just a passionate fan, so I may be a mile away from being right. But I do believe that Unsy is close to getting it right, he just needs the players to step up and perform now.

and you are picking on me, your almost like a Pad mark 2 haha!

You could be right, Shukes, I just think that first season made him deserving of a chance to turn it around. 

Ive made no secret that I like Unsworth and think he’ll do well in the game. I hope he does it here but I just don’t think now is the time. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

You could be right, Shukes, I just think that first season made him deserving of a chance to turn it around. 

Ive made no secret that I like Unsworth and think he’ll do well in the game. I hope he does it here but I just don’t think now is the time. 

Unsworth is absolutely on my shortlist of managers.... After he is a success at Bury/Oxford United/Rotherham and then Birmingham City/Hull/Preston

Unsworth needs to manage in the lower league to prove that he has a future in management. We cannot experiment certainly not now, or at any time. Caretaker managers never work in the Premier League. He has to do the hard yards and earn the right to be Everton Manager. I haven't seen much in the last few games but it's impossible to really judge. However, I would never have picked any of those sides, or made the same subs. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

You know it's going to work with a new manager when you see a boost in results and players attitude. Nothing has changed for me. He's not the right man and thats very obvious 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Bring the pitchforks. I guarantee whoever we bring in will be getting booed by Xmas. Why? Because the playing squad is relegation material. Give Unsworth a transfer window, Barkley signing a new contract, Mori, Bolasie and Coleman back, he'd keep us up. But he won't, so we move on. 

This January transfer window is probably going to decide if we're playing in the Championship or staying up. Much as I want Unsworth to succeed, this would be his first window in his first season as manager in any league. It's a huge risk, maybe if some results early on went his way but that doesn't look like happening.

I feel sorry for him, all that resource over the summer and he is left with an aging, knackered bunch of senior pros and a group of kids he doesn't want to burn out. 

We aren't creating enough but that's 2 1/2 games out of 3 where we have been largely solid. 

I think we went there to keep it tight and catch them on the break which isn't a bad idea. Having Siggy as a hold up target man feeding the pace of Lookman and Lennon. We didn't actually get many shots off but we had threatening phases of play which fizzled out due to a poor decision or a lack of confidence. 

I would like to see what he could do but I am very concerned that its too much of a risk at the moment given where we are. 

I'll be in there minority. If he wins Sunday I'd keep him.  He was asked to jump into a flaming chain saw juggling act.  Sure he's lost a limb or two but those are merely flesh wounds.

I believe he has a plan for the Watford game. If he's still standing come 90 minutes then let him carry on.

It's been said on here before. This club is a bit of a dumpster for right now. Will any of the respectable options want to jump into that? Do any of the other options have an extinguisher? With this squad? 

6 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

I'll be in there minority. If he wins Sunday I'd keep him.  He was asked to jump into a flaming chain saw juggling act.  Sure he's lost a limb or two but those are merely flesh wounds.

I believe he has a plan for the Watford game. If he's still standing come 90 minutes then let him carry on.

It's been said on here before. This club is a bit of a dumpster for right now. Will any of the respectable options want to jump into that? Do any of the other options have an extinguisher? With this squad? 

I hope you don't work in a hospital if you see losing a limb or two as merely flesh wounds!!!!

You could bring in the best manager in the world and it would take him 6 months and 2 transfer windows to get anything out of this squad.  We are now paying for having too many ponderous over 30 players in the vital areas, hence having to play too many young inexperienced kids together.

Unsworth must be given time to turn it around, he's only had two weeks, even JC couldn't change it in that time, if David can't get the best from these players I don't know who you expect is going to.

That's my view of it, and to all those pessimists, if you think for one minute that we will be relegated I feel sorry for you. As the song says .... Always look on the bright side of life De dum de dum de dum de dum .......