IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Sunday October 29th

markjazzbassist

They just hired former Soton man Claude Puel to manage them.  We should be winning this type of match regardless of being away.  I don't think they are a good side.  Would like to see Williams, Rooney, and Baines all dropped.  If Unsy is supposed to pull out the slackers they have to go.

Pickford

Holgate Keane Jags Garbutt

Beni

Davies         Gylfi

Vlasic      DCL       Sandro

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

They just hired former Soton man Claude Puel to manage them.  We should be winning this type of match regardless of being away.  I don't think they are a good side.  Would like to see Williams, Rooney, and Baines all dropped.  If Unsy is supposed to pull out the slackers they have to go.

Pickford

Beni

Davies         Gylfi

Isn't Vlasic injured? 

I'd be going with the following:

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Baines

Beni

Davies Gylfi Mirallas

DCL Niasse

Lookman to come on as an impact sub. If Vlasic is fit, I'd start him ahead of Niasse and go 4141

Just now, Matt said:

Isn't Vlasic injured? 

I'd be going with the following:

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Jags Baines

Beni

Davies Gylfi Mirallas

DCL Niasse

Lookman to come on as an impact sub. If Vlasic is fit, I'd start him ahead of Niasse and go 4141

unsy didn't say anything in the presser about him being injured, but i did read on here he left in a boot.  maybe in the leicester presser we will find out more.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

unsy didn't say anything in the presser about him being injured, but i did read on here he left in a boot.  maybe in the leicester presser we will find out more.

I thought the same, nothing on the OS either. I'd definitely start him if he's fit

11 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I doubt Beni will start. Going from Unsys post match comments, he will play Morgan there. And I think a Morgan inshackled and unrestricted will be a different animal to the last couple of months.

Expect more senior players to come in.

I hope we don't see too many. I expect DCL to start and then I think the biggest question is who plays in behind. I think it will be Rooney but it might be Sigurdsson. I don't expect to see Lennon on the right either.

7 minutes ago, Vranny said:

Said it in the cup game thread, but Rooney in behind DCL. Gives us a good balance of pace up front, while having someone in and around the area that can actually finish.

I’m sick of trying to play Siggy into form when we just need to start picking up some points in the league. 

Agree with this, although I'd be tempted to play mirrallas in behind and force him to be active in the game from a central position. This all probably depends on if Vlasic is available.

also McCarthy is probably first name on the team sheet for me.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Agree with this, although I'd be tempted to play mirrallas in behind and force him to be active in the game from a central position. This all probably depends on if Vlasic is available.

Not sure if we enough wide options available to play him centrally. Possibly Lookman could be a pacier option in behind DCL instead? I’m not sure where else to play the kid at the moment, as he doesn’t look a natural winger.  

2 hours ago, Vranny said:

Not sure if we enough wide options available to play him centrally. Possibly Lookman could be a pacier option in behind DCL instead? I’m not sure where else to play the kid at the moment, as he doesn’t look a natural winger.  

He seems like a striker to me. Reminds me of Defoe in ways; intelligent runs and shots from distance. I think he'll start to actually score if he's played regularly. 

That said, he can be an effective wide forward but not someone that whips in crosses.  

On 25/10/2017 at 22:36, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Beni

Davies         Gylfi

Out of interest, you put Sandro in pretty much all your starting XIs - I've not seen anything to suggest he's ready to start in the Prem so just wondered why? 

24 minutes ago, nogs said:

Out of interest, you put Sandro in pretty much all your starting XIs - I've not seen anything to suggest he's ready to start in the Prem so just wondered why? 

i've not seen him utilized correctly.  he's not big or strong enough to be a 9 in the PL.  on the other hand he is great at crossing and has pace, i think he would be great on the wing or right in an attacking 3.  he just needs time to settle.