IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Sunday October 29th

markjazzbassist

3 hours ago, tonkaroost said:
23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:
thanks tonks, sounds like the game plan is more how we plan to attack than being reactionary to how we think they will play.  that's good.

I think so too. I also think Unworth knows what he's doing.

Sounds like you think he's not the man by calling him Unworth ;)

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

He comes across as a man in control. No need for ego, no need for arrogance, just a matter-of-fact understanding of what's needed. I really wish the board would confirm his appointment for at least the rest of this year.

He does speak with a lot of sense and you can feel the passion, but I expect the board would have ear marked the man they want a few weeks ago in anticipation that Koeman wouldn't turn it round.

It's now in Unsworth hands to get a good run together playing the way Everton supporters expect, then at least he will give the board something to think about.

I think we will line up in the same 433 formation today. 

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gana

Vlasic DCL Mirallas

If he goes 451 I could see either Rooney or Sigurdsson playing behind DCL with one of Schneiderlin or Gana dropping to the bench.

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think we will line up in the same 433 formation today. 

Pickford

Holgate Keane Williams Baines

Davies Schneiderlin Gana

Vlasic DCL Mirallas

If he goes 451 I could see either Rooney or Sigurdsson playing behind DCL with one of Schneiderlin or Gana dropping to the bench.

I hope not. Would rather see him not repeat Koeman's mistakes.

Because Koeman bought so poorly in his transfer windows it's going to be hard for Unsworth to make decent changes to the defence it nearly picks itself, and its been the biggest problem with our team, what they lack in ability Unsworth is going to have to make up with good old Everton dog's of war passion and he's the man to do it,

Win or lose Leicester will definitely know they've been in a game today. COYB 

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Who do you play instead?

I can't really see what else he can do with the squad. Koeman's problem was down to his tactics.

Start Mirallas, Davies, and Holgate and drop Sigurdssen, Gana and Keane. Koeman didn't have the option of McCarthy but play him as well. 

The main issue was the central midfield. Gana and Schneiderlin should never start together. People were moaning about attack when we haven't kept a clean sheet since the opening day, and only our strikers have scored. Unsworth can get the defence to go no frills and stick to the basics, just need to overhaul the midfield.  

Little worried Unsworth's style will suit a counter team like Leicester, but happy to be looking to fight on the front foot. Good to hear he'll add some pace to the side and won't be shoehorning Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdssen in to the same team. 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-unsworth-rooney-klaassen-sigurdsson-13826197.amp

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Little worried Unsworth's style will suit a counter team like Leicester, but happy to be looking to fight on the front foot. Good to hear he'll add some pace to the side and won't be shoehorning Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdssen in to the same team. 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-unsworth-rooney-klaassen-sigurdsson-13826197.amp

That's always the risk playing Leicester the ball over the top into space for Vardy to run onto, but let's be honest you can over think things and believe your a tactical genius like Koeman and change the team every week like he did.

In reality pick your best eleven send them out and play your game and don't get to bogged down in what they are going to do, then the best team usually comes out on top.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Start Mirallas, Davies, and Holgate and drop Sigurdssen, Gana and Keane. Koeman didn't have the option of McCarthy but play him as well. 

The main issue was the central midfield. Gana and Schneiderlin should never start together. People were moaning about attack when we haven't kept a clean sheet since the opening day, and only our strikers have scored. Unsworth can get the defence to go no frills and stick to the basics, just need to overhaul the midfield.  

All 3 of the first lot were in my side. In truth I had forgotten about McCarthy but I suspect he won't be able to play 2 games in a week yet.

After that you aren't left with much choice unless you throw in the young lad again. 

I thought Jags looked shaky during the week so that's why I wanted Keane in to see if he could do better under Unsy.

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

As good as we can put out at the moment.

Telling that both Klaassen and Sandro are left out of Unsworths first 2 squads. They've obviously got work to do to get in.

Just noticed...is Vlasic injured? I'd prefer him to Lennon.

I think he must be... we know he picked up an injury in the Arsenal game and hasn't been seen since.

At least with Lennon we will have pace and width.