IGNORED

January Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I didn't realise that move went through. I thought Janssen did well at Spurs playing second fiddle to Kane. He is a very good footballer who works hard. He would have been ideal for Koeman. He has also scored goals everywhere bar Spurs which is no surprise considering he mainly started on the bench. I doubt Llorente will score many this year either. 

We don't need another hard worker up top, we need a goal scorer and Janssen isn't that 

15 hours ago, Bailey said:

Did you miss the bit where I said he scores goals everywhere bar Spurs bench?

No, i ignored it as I don't see the relevance. Scoring in other leagues is all well and good, but he's not done it in our league and, from little I've seen, doesn't look like he ever will

3 hours ago, Matt said:

No, i ignored it as I don't see the relevance. Scoring in other leagues is all well and good, but he's not done it in our league and, from little I've seen, doesn't look like he ever will

It's not irrelevant. He could have scored more than he did but part of that is because he was left on the bench 90% of the season.

The January transfer window is going to be the most important window in our premiership history, we will be buying players to keep us up so can't afford to get it wrong or we could be gone, who the fuck have we got to shoulder that responsibility and get it right nobody is the answer how scary is that one word comes to mind HELP

14 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

A left back because Baines is shot. A fucking playmaker because there is no invention in that team. Two centre backs cos they are all shit and strikers x 2 

If you are speaking of a number ten, we have Gylfi, Rooney, Barkley, and Klaassen already.

If you are speaking of a deep lying playmaker, I agree. We desperately miss Barry and his vision, and for as much was lacking in certain parts of his game as well as his fitness, Gibson was another very positive, pass master holding mid.

I think the most vital needs are up front. I think in other areas of the team a little tinkering with who plays where and with whom and who doesn't and more drills on defensive shape might be enough to get by, but the team is mightily lacking in genuine class up front. The team needs players with both pace AND ability at centre forward and on the wings. However, it's going to be a struggle to get those kinds of players in in the January window.

5 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

I think the most vital needs are up front. I think in other areas of the team a little tinkering with who plays where and with whom and who doesn't and more drills on defensive shape might be enough to get by, but the team is mightily lacking in genuine class up front. The team needs players with both pace AND ability at centre forward and on the wings. However, it's going to be a struggle to get those kinds of players in in the January window.

That's why for now I'd like to see a midfield with Schneiderlin (or Besic) sitting next to Klaassen as a box to box runner. Sigurdsson at ten. Sandro as the centre forward and Vlasic on the wing. No idea who on the other wing. But Mirallas, Lennon, DCL and Niasse aren't getting this team out of a relegation struggle.

13 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

If you are speaking of a number ten, we have Gylfi, Rooney, Barkley, and Klaassen already.

If you are speaking of a deep lying playmaker, I agree. We desperately miss Barry and his vision, and for as much was lacking in certain parts of his game as well as his fitness, Gibson was another very positive, pass master holding mid.

None of them are a playmaker. I mean a player that drops, gets the ball and creates, in the final third. Gibson?  Fuck me. Pass master holding mid? 

With the morgan and kev revelations I expect to see both of them gone come January.  I’m sure we will make our money back on both of them, kev to a lower table side and Morgan back to France, Lyon, marseille, etc.

would open up more time for Beni and Davies and lookman and vlasic who all have looked better anyways.  Could also create some funds to buy the CB and LB.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

I hope Kev goes now. He's offered nothing for years expect taking a squad spot. He's had that auroa around him of someone who's about to explode and become a goals and assist machine but it won't happen. Get him out and let's get a winged who is going to add something to us - Willian probably tops the list.

Dreamland, but I agree

Same problem now as when Koeman was hired. Dead weight from previous manager. Schneiderlin and Klaassen have to go. Mirallas non-existent for 3 yrs...get him out. Ashley Williams. Sandro. Martina. Stek. Yikes.

Joel deserves a move so he can play. 

Realistic Needs: Backup GK, LB, CB, ST 

Actual Needs: CB, LB, DCM, 3 wingers, 2 strikers

12 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Same problem now as when Koeman was hired. Dead weight from previous manager. Schneiderlin and Klaassen have to go. Mirallas non-existent for 3 yrs...get him out. Ashley Williams. Sandro. Martina. Stek. Yikes.

Joel deserves a move so he can play. 

Realistic Needs: Backup GK, LB, CB, ST 

Actual Needs: CB, LB, DCM, 3 wingers, 2 strikers

Let's not make the same mistake twice though. I agree (mostly) with the positions mentioned, but for me only a CB and a Striker are the mandatory positions and must be high quality signings. The rest can wait to be brought in during the summer.