IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

hardly got time under the other manager, isn't getting time under this one, sell while his value is still high.  if he plays like shit the rest of the year or doesn't play well be selling him back to ajax for 10m.

My point still stands. Respectable clubs don't sell players after six months. This isn't non-league.

bored at work here is what i found.

Contracts ending this summer from the First Team

Barkley

Jags

Lennon

Robles

The only one worth keeping to me is Barkley (if he will stay).  Maybe lennon on a 1/2 year deal if he's willing to be a bench/cup player.

U23

Conor Grant

Foulds

Henen

Antony Evans

Morgan Feeney

Interesting that Foulds and Henen never made the grade.  Foulds was a martinez buy supposed to be a good CB, and Henen Martinez as a winger.  Oh well.  

31 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

jags?  i will be livid if he does. he needs to be put out to pasture.

First off Mark, Lennon would never accept a 1/2 year contract (or do you mean 1-2 years... Big difference) nor would he accept it. See my prior comment re: Klaassen on how this isn't non-league football

Second, I think depending on his fitness and performance through the end of the year, Jags could potentially get an extension, though he obviously needs to become our fourth choice centerback or so over the next year or two and be there as more of cover and an ambassador rather than a weekly starting 11 guy.

5 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

First off Mark, Lennon would never accept a 1/2 year contract (or do you mean 1-2 years... Big difference) nor would he accept it. See my prior comment re: Klaassen on how this isn't non-league football

Second, I think depending on his fitness and performance through the end of the year, Jags could potentially get an extension, though he obviously needs to become our fourth choice centerback or so over the next year or two and be there as more of cover and an ambassador rather than a weekly starting 11 guy.

didn't mean the fraction meant 1-2 year contract.  he's 30 (will be 31 in april) and a winger, not a huge demand for that, could be solid on the bench/cups.

not interested in the dead wood anymore, we need quality players who can contribute.  carried him this year as ambassador/captian/nice guy and we should have gotten rid of him.  instead mori goes down, williams sucks and we have jags.  we could have had someone better.  i worry the same will happen next year (williams is on a long term deal i doubt he's going anywhere).

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

didn't mean the fraction meant 1-2 year contract.  he's 30 (will be 31 in april) and a winger, not a huge demand for that, could be solid on the bench/cups.

not interested in the dead wood anymore, we need quality players who can contribute.  carried him this year as ambassador/captian/nice guy and we should have gotten rid of him.  instead mori goes down, williams sucks and we have jags.  we could have had someone better.  i worry the same will happen next year (williams is on a long term deal i doubt he's going anywhere).

Big clubs will carry an extra player if he's a talisman, even if he makes fewer than 15-20 appearances per year. You're clearly not mad that our 35 year old club captain is in the squad, you're mad that he's the 2nd best centerback we have and not the fifth. I agree with you.

Also, Williams is in his second year of a three year deal. He should be allowed to leave for a small fee or no fee next summer.

5 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Big clubs will carry an extra player if he's a talisman, even if he makes fewer than 15-20 appearances per year. You're clearly not mad that our 35 year old club captain is in the squad, you're mad that he's the 2nd best centerback we have and not the fifth. I agree with you.

Also, Williams is in his second year of a three year deal. He should be allowed to leave for a small fee or no fee next summer.

he's already 5th choice.  Keane Williams Holgate Mori Jags.  Maybe 6th and i agree :P  agreed on williams he needs to go and i'm sure bournemouth or something would take him.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's already 5th choice.  Keane Williams Holgate Mori Jags.  Maybe 6th and i agree :P  agreed on williams he needs to go and i'm sure bournemouth or something would take him.

First off, bold statement. Not sure we've defined who our number 2 centerback is. Pretty clear Keane is the first centerback on the teamsheet when he's fit.

Your problem is that Williams isn't up it anymore (at least hasn't been this season), Funes Mori is injured and the jury is still out on his quality (Shocking since he's been here two years) and Holgate's not quite ready yet.

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

Kieran Tierney from Celtic as a potential leftback replacement, anybody?

He does look very promising and could probably already be a start for a lower PL team (which we are atm). He just signed a new contract though... not sure if we'd be able to get him anytime soon.

LB is priority. Baines won't last forever, and he's on the decline (as much as I hate to admit that).

24 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I'd like to see us bring in a number 10. And return Dowell back from loan. 

How many number 10s do we need in the squad? :lol:

Plus Dowell won’t be returning any time soon. I’m pretty sure Forest would have to agree to his release and that’s not going to happen with his current form.

Personally I’m just thrilled to see him develop his game at championship level. He’s one of those types of players that I was worried would struggle to find game time In the lower leagues due to his physical attributes. Look at how Barkley’s loans in the championship went and he’s physically a beast in comparison.