IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Dowell needs to stay at Forest and sharpen his craft, he's doing well and getting better let him carry on doing so rather than throw him into a disjointed side in a tougher league 

Striker -  Bas Dost fits the bill for me gets into good positions and puts himself about and wouldn't cost the earth 

LB - Ryan Sessegnon, although young he's been a regular for Fulham now and he's one that will get snatched up in the very near future, quick tricky and gets down the line and puts it into the box well, he's ready and good enough for the step up imo 

CB - Ben Mee, been brilliant this and last season and hasn't had the plaudits he's deserved tbh, has played with Keane before so the chemistry should be there 

With Yannick due back in the near future and Seamus I think we should have enough to get us by for the rest of the season and we don't want to make the same mistake twice by bringing in too many players so soon 

A good striker and a shored up back line should see us right we have plenty of options centrally and with Yannick Vlasic Lookman and Lennon as cover we should be OK 

Give Lennon a twelve month deal as I'm sure his runs out in Jan? Try to tie Ross down on a new deal 

Get shut of Kev Schneiderlin Cuco and Williams all have been piss poor and some with questionable attitudes

Not sure why the fonts have changed  🤔

35 minutes ago, tchicky said:

I think he has a release clause exceeding 50M£, plus he stated a month ago that he didnt want to move in january.

We've heard many a player say the same, money talks and the release clause isn't excessive in today's game especially for someone who can hit the onion bag 

Just one that I'd like anyway I just hope we do bring someone decent in 

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don’t really care how much, so long as the right players are brought in. For the CB and striker I think we need, should be £50-70m

can't believe how in 3 years our budget went from 30m a year to double that just for january!  remember when RM blew the whole budget on lukaku?  crazy to see this amount of money now and it's exponential.

25 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The thing is, the rest of the league is spending that too. Bottom half clubs are all capable of spending £30m or more each window so we need to be able to go to £60m, 70m, 80m to keep ahead of them.

i guess it will stay at this level till the next TV contract and then it will increase again.  pretty wild

42 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

It'll always go up due to inflation and all manner of economic reasons but I honestly think that we are getting to the peak of what the Premier League is worth. Globally it doesn't have many more markets to penetrate and unless we see countries in Africa and the rest of Asia outside of China suddenly become filthy rich then that's going to be it.

Honestly I just want the bubble to burst. I want Everton to get in a financially stable position and then the bubble to burst and send the likes of Man City and Chelsea plummeting into obscurity.

Chelsea and Man City have successfully created sustainable clubs due to massive commercial revenue streams

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Or rich owners taking over them, which helped them to create a sustainable club.

The original catalyst was owners injecting a ton of equity into the clubs but eventually they were able to create large commercial revenue streams through partnerships/sponsorships, etc..

True mate. But give me a billion and I can pretty much guarantee I can turn it to three!

they didn’t get there through hard work and determination, they were given it. Just like we were given Moshiris money. Which is why they are known as commercial clubs, and not their history!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

True mate. But give me a billion and I can pretty much guarantee I can turn it to three!

they didn’t get there through hard work and determination, they were given it. Just like we were given Moshiris money. Which is why they are known as commercial clubs, and not their history!

Ok then. Pointless debate.

I think, Shukes, that Quinn is just saying that even if the bubble bursts tomorrow, these clubs now have the income to support themselves regardless of how they got here.

I'm not too sure about that personally. I think the City model is better than Chelseas. Chelsea, I think, still would be at risk.

As TallPaul says though, that bubble has to burst at some point. Or at least stop inflating at its current rate. But then I've been thinking this for years!!!

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

I think, Shukes, that Quinn is just saying that even if the bubble bursts tomorrow, these clubs now have the income to support themselves regardless of how they got here.

I'm not too sure about that personally. I think the City model is better than Chelseas. Chelsea, I think, still would be at risk.

As TallPaul says though, that bubble has to burst at some point. Or at least stop inflating at its current rate. But then I've been thinking this for years!!!

No I get that. Not disagreeing in anyway.

just pointing out how they got there in the first place. I’m a romantic myself. This is why I want Unsworth to succeed, and the club to stay true to Everton etc. 

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No I get that. Not disagreeing in anyway.

just pointing out how they got there in the first place. I’m a romantic myself. This is why I want Unsworth to succeed, and the club to stay true to Everton etc. 

Yeah I knew you knew. I was wanted you to know that although I knew you knew, I also know.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

can't believe how in 3 years our budget went from 30m a year to double that just for january!  remember when RM blew the whole budget on lukaku?  crazy to see this amount of money now and it's exponential.

The money in the game is beyond disgusting now

Serious question, would everyone here be against going for Felliani in Januray? Or even after his contract is up in the Summer?

Sort of a hypothetical, because I'm not sure if he wants more money than United are offering him and Im sure it's quite a lot more than we would bother to offer. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Serious question, would everyone here be against going for Felliani in Januray? Or even after his contract is up in the Summer?

Sort of a hypothetical, because I'm not sure if he wants more money than United are offering him and Im sure it's quite a lot more than we would bother to offer. 

I'd take him back in a heartbeat, underrated in my opinion