IGNORED

Lyon (Europa Group Stage Away) Thursday November 2nd

markjazzbassist

The regulars have been run into the ground so I think he is trying to freshen things up. 

Siggurdsson has the build of a striker so I don't see why he can't do the job, or likewise it might be Lookman trying to get in behind, but I expect the former. 

I'm more worried how it will work at the back as we are down to bare bones but hopefully the defensive midfield will protect them and we can get them on the counter.

Just now, Bailey said:

The regulars have been run into the ground so I think he is trying to freshen things up. 

Siggurdsson has the build of a striker so I don't see why he can't do the job, or likewise it might be Lookman trying to get in behind, but I expect the former. 

I'm more worried how it will work at the back as we are down to bare bones but hopefully the defensive midfield will protect them and we can get them on the counter.

4 Defenders with 3 defensive midfielders- clean sheet you think?

16 minutes ago, mcirony said:

Anything other than a win is not enough.

Actually six teams qualified for the knock-out stages with eight points or less last year (half the groups) so that's not strictly true; although it quite possibly might turn out that way. A win tonight would keep it in our hands because ten points will 99% certainly be enough.

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Sandro must bevinjuref because if he’s omitted him when we have zero strikershe wants fucking off straight after the game.

Honestly Pad... Sandro must be injured... has to be injured right? Sandro hasn't been that great but to be dropped from the squad completely is absolutely mad.

6 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Honestly Pad... Sandro must be injured... has to be injured right? Sandro hasn't been that great but to be dropped from the squad completely is absolutely mad.

Must be the case. The lad just scored 20+ goals last season in Spain and was a Barcelona youth player. Clearly there's talent there...

I've gone missing because it's hard for me to even watch these right now. I am devoid of all hope, and our football is not in the slightest entertaining to watch. As much as I hated it, the best piece of entertainment we've displayed recently was the scrap caused by Williams in the reverse fixture of this one. It's really difficult for me to see a way out of this right now.

And garbage from Martina to start.

11 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

No udea atonka matw- nothing surprises me atm- if it’s a nothing game then why not play him and tell him no pressure tonight go and play- crazy if not

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Must be the case. The lad just scored 20+ goals last season in Spain and was a Barcelona youth player. Clearly there's talent there...

Strikers from the prem consistently go from the prem to la Liga and double their tallys. I'd trust the championship over here as a better measure than that piss poor league.