IGNORED

Lyon (Europa Group Stage Away) Thursday November 2nd

markjazzbassist

33 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

So, Harry Kane would score 60 in La Liga is what you're saying? Impressive :lol:

There are plenty of quality sides in La Liga other than that the play is slower and not as physical.

If Eriksen went with him B)

Just look at Aspas over there. 

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

He was there.

:lol: Where he was supposed to be. Pickford came out of his box, from behind with a clear view of what was in front of him. That's one of the few times Williams was not to blame, Pickford fucked up and nearly broke his neck doing so

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Fucking hell, talking about square pegs in round holes.

I would've put Vlasic on for Martina, moved Morgan into CB. Holgate RB and Kenny LB. At least that way we would've had a threat on the pitch instead of an 8th defensive player.

Unsy wants the draw and clean sheet to try and improve morale.  we'll see if it pays off.  

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Unsy wants the draw and clean sheet to try and improve morale.  we'll see if it pays off.  

Not sure that's what he said at all. He wanted to win, but has put out a massively defensive team. Going out of a competition is not going to be better than keeping a clean sheet

Unsworth’s plan must have been to keep a clean sheet deep into second half, hoping to nick a goal late.  Will be interesting to see if around 65-70 minutes, he brings in 2 of Mirallas, DCL, Vlasic, taking off Lennon and one of the DMs.

If he literally plays for a nil-nil draw, that seems foolish.  Even if not mathematically eliminated tonight, it would be highly unlikely for us to progress.

I think that a fairly solid half of football all things considered. We have limited them to one chance and about 3 half chances. Two of their better chances have just come from the young lads not quite being mature enough. 

Beni has been great, shame about the fuck wits either side. Siggy doing what he can and Lookman having his best game in the shirt. 

Keep ithe tight second half and see if we can nick one before making changes late on. I'd be tempted to mover Siggy deep for one of the two fuck wits.

8 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Unsworth’s plan must have been to keep a clean sheet deep into second half, hoping to nick a goal late.  Will be interesting to see if around 65-70 minutes, he brings in 2 of Mirallas, DCL, Vlasic, taking off Lennon and one of the DMs.

If he literally plays for a nil-nil draw, that seems foolish.  Even if not mathematically eliminated tonight, it would be highly unlikely for us to progress.

My thinking also.

29 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

go three at the back, holgate williams besic

worried for martina, regardless of people's opininon he's a person adn i want the best for him health wise.  hope he's ok

Hahaha, it's not championship manager mark. You know how we play with 3.

If Unsy wanted a clean sheet for moral he should have gone for that from the first couple of games in charge. It's useless doing it now, we need to win this game to keep ourselves in this competition, not get a draw for confidence. 

If expect he's waiting until later on in the game to twist and go for it because 1 point is effectively useless.

You have to say so far it's tactically pretty good from Unsworth. Much better defensively, if Gana scores it's perfect. I though what the fuck like everyone else when I saw the line up but it's disciplined and there's a plan. Not Unsworth's fault none of them can shoot for shit. 

1 minute ago, nogs said:

You have to say so far it's tactically pretty good from Unsworth. Much better defensively, if Gana scores it's perfect. I though what the fuck like everyone else when I saw the line up but it's disciplined and there's a plan. Not Unsworth's fault none of them can shoot for shit. 

Agreed and it looks like weve come out this half to win this game. Lets hope the players can produce something because we need to go for broke.