IGNORED

Watford (Home) Sunday November 5th

markjazzbassist

In a relegation battle now we have to get 3 points at home.  Get rid of the passengers on the lineup (rooney baines CBs).  4132 attack the shit out of them and go for the jugular, niasse to be the hard worker and occupy space and CB, Sandro to use pace to slide in and link up others.  Vlasic and Mirallas for pace in attack.  

pickford

kenny holgate keane garbutt

schneiderlin

vlasic gylfi mirallas

sandro niasse

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

In a relegation battle now we have to get 3 points at home.  Get rid of the passengers on the lineup (rooney baines CBs).  4132 attack the shit out of them and go for the jugular, niasse to be the hard worker and occupy space and CB, Sandro to use pace to slide in and link up others.  Vlasic and Mirallas for pace in attack.  

pickford

kenny holgate keane garbutt

schneiderlin

vlasic gylfi mirallas

sandro niasse

Mark, Garbutt can literally not play for us. He's not registered with the Premier League squad.

There's 28 games left, we're not in a relegation battle. Yet. If we're in the same situation after Christmas, I'll get worried.

Points will be hard to come by if we keep playing the way we have in the last 2 first halves (and all the other games under Koeman). If we play like we have been in the second half, we will start winning. 2 wins gives us 14 points which is currently good enough for 8th. So lets get at them

Pickford

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Beni

Vlasic Davies Glyfi Mirallas 

DCL

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

There's 28 games left, we're not in a relegation battle. Yet. If we're in the same situation after Christmas, I'll get worried.

Points will be hard to come by if we keep playing the way we have in the last 2 first halves (and all the other games under Koeman). If we play like we have been in the second half, we will start winning. 2 wins gives us 14 points which is currently good enough for 8th. So lets get at them

Pickford

Holgate Jags Williams Baines

Beni

Vlasic Davies Glyfi Mirallas 

DCL

1 clean sheet this season. only 2 wins i would say only because of Pickford. IMO we are in a relegation battle. Yes 2 wins puts us up the table- it's getting those 2 wins. I was moaned at yesterday for being negative ( which was a fair comment). I think Davies needs dropping IMO. would like to see Besic given a run, Baines needs a rest too but we have no cover.

Will take a 90th minute own goal off Deeney's backside for a win. any type of win just to get points on the board.

Just now, milesey05 said:

1 clean sheet this season. only 2 wins i would say only because of Pickford. IMO we are in a relegation battle. Yes 2 wins puts us up the table- it's getting those 2 wins. I was moaned at yesterday for being negative ( which was a fair comment). I think Davies needs dropping IMO. would like to see Besic given a run, Baines needs a rest too but we have no cover.

Will take a 90th minute own goal off Deeney's backside for a win. any type of win just to get points on the board.

Don't get me wrong, we've been awful, but there's 84 points to play for. If we perform as we have done in the last 2 second halves, we'll be ok and will slowly start climbing. But we absolutely need to stop conceding first and foremost before getting in a goalscorer in January; and I mean January 1st, not the end of the window. If we don't have someone lined up ready to be announced the moment the window opens, then Walsh has some serious questions to face.

Pickford

kenny          Holgate     Jags        Baines 

Benni

lookman            Shnerdelin       Mirrallas 

Rooney

DCL

Rooney shouldn't be anywhere near notbecause he doesn't score or doesn't create but because he stops others doing their jobs and confuses the whole team. 

I don't know what the team should be but we need solid 3 centre mids who's primary function is to get the ball back and focus on not losing it. 

A 0-0 would do me a clean sheet is a must I think unsworth has proved already he isn't up to it.

9 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Rooney shouldn't be anywhere near notbecause he doesn't score or doesn't create but because he stops others doing their jobs and confuses the whole team. 

I don't know what the team should be but we need solid 3 centre mids who's primary function is to get the ball back and focus on not losing it. 

A 0-0 would do me a clean sheet is a must I think unsworth has proved already he isn't up to it.

Seen it all on here now, drop Rooney so we can hope to get a clean sheet. How does Rooney playing stop defenders from defending?

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Because we played him instead of having a 3rd central midfielder.

Instead of playing 3 cms you could just go with 2 competent ones.

Also why drop your top goal scorer for a midfielder? Leave him up front and drop DCL if need be. You drop Rooney and you're left with a team without a single goal from 10 league games. 0 goals, and 1 clean sheet in 10. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Because he drops deep then plays a sloppy pass to give the opposition a chance 

I honestly feel this is the fault of the midfield. It's fucking non-existent in terms of attacking, so he (rightly or wrongly) feels he has to go back and make something happen.

The defence being shit is all about the defence being shit.

If we just had one problem I'd feel so much better about us getting out of this mess, but the problems are everywhere. It's like trying to keep a dinghy afloat that's got 10 different holes in it.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we just had one problem I'd feel so much better about us getting out of this mess, but the problems are everywhere. It's like trying to keep a dinghy afloat that's got 10 different holes in it.

Good job i brought my puncture outfit Mark, we'll be alright, no worries.

at least I'm seeing some credible posts about our predicament not being because we haven't got a billy's boots striker.......  far far bigger issued and the defence along with midfield needs sorting massively....  Rooney is getting frustrated beyond belief.  He needs Barkley back - seriously.  Those two would link up brilliantly.

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

Instead of playing 3 cms you could just go with 2 competent ones.

Also why drop your top goal scorer for a midfielder? Leave him up front and drop DCL if need be. You drop Rooney and you're left with a team without a single goal from 10 league games. 0 goals, and 1 clean sheet in 10. 

Because a solid tactic is going to be more important than one player. If Rooney can't play up front I don't see where he can start without causing problems. If he starts up front then he can cause other problems but that's by the by.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I honestly feel this is the fault of the midfield. It's fucking non-existent in terms of attacking, so he (rightly or wrongly) feels he has to go back and make something happen.

The defence being shit is all about the defence being shit.

Thats why we need to start narrowing down how many holes we have. Making sure we win the midfield is priority.

59 minutes ago, hafnia said:

at least I'm seeing some credible posts about our predicament not being because we haven't got a billy's boots striker.......  far far bigger issued and the defence along with midfield needs sorting massively....  Rooney is getting frustrated beyond belief.  He needs Barkley back - seriously.  Those two would link up brilliantly.

It's a rebuild and start again job. I don't think there is anything about Koeman's tactics that 'worked' and therefore we are building from Pickford up.

The talk of relegation is very premature, we are 5 points off 10th. We now need to start getting results and it will happen.

We need to find a settled side and a way to utilize what we have until January and start getting results

Rooney is trying to hard running around and trying to do everything, when only he and Niasse have scored in the league this season there's definitely an issue, you cant rely on a couple of players, where are the set pieces and getting goals from central defenders like other teams do. At least in the last two games the team are now trying to attack hopefully it just needs a goal or two and the floodgates will open.

4 guys who I think have the best workrate and are always TRYING to do something are Rooney, Davies, Niasse and Gana. Their energy itself almost warrants them being on the pitch at kickoff. But...

- Davies just needs more seasoning, but he works hard and at least he runs at the defense with the ball, but it's wasted when no one is making runs in the final third. I still have no idea what his BEST MF position actually is. 

- Niasse works hard, but just isn't clinical. Just that he works hard in and around the box to cause trouble, sadly, makes him needed

- Gana is an unguided missile that leave holes when he seemingly starts man-marking in a zonal system. I'm starting to think the reason he was so effective last year is that he had a very astute partner that read his movements and provided cover for him to run amok. Schneiderlin, Davies, Besic and McCarthy's hamstring don't seem to compliment that style. Gareth Barry did. The good news is that at least Gana takes shots on goal. The bad news is that Gana takes shots on goal.

- Rooney I think is just trying to do too much and overcompensating for his and other's deficits. I can't help but wonder if he isn't a significant factor in Sigurdsson (and Klaassen to a lesser degree) not being able to kick on and play their game instead of looking lost, ineffective and out of sorts. Despite busting his arse, he may be retarding the attacking mid's game like Gana does the DMs.

Whatever lineup we trot out there, it seems the whole is MUCH less than the sum of it's parts. I don't think we have had a single match where team looked really organized for extended periods of time. We haven't really gotten much more end product, but we sure seem more dangerous and on the front foot when we have substituted in a 2nd striker.

Pickford

Kenny     Keane/Holgate      Holgate/Jags      Baines

Schneiderlin

Davies                                  Mirallias

Glyfi

DCL                    Niasse

Would sacrifice some width for midfield, and have some cover for players who like to get forward (Mirallias, Kenny) linked with players who will go into tackles to break up counters (Davies, Baines) and Schneiderlin roaming for support. I'd rather see Keane play if able, but would not particularity want the less experienced players side by side on the back four Kenny/Holgate or Holgate with Martina's defending. 

I would drop Rooney and Gana to the bench, and see if their respective midfield parts are more effective without them constantly changing the shape. They could still be valuable subs especially if changing to a more defensive formation, as well as having Sandro/Vlasic/Lookman for fresh legs.

Of course, to my original point, that's a lineup that hasn't played together, so who knows. But we have GOT to find a lineup that can attack and compliment each other instead of getting strung out or all over each other, leaving only backwards and sideways options.

What about 3-5-2

Pickford

Holgate       Jags        Keane

davies  benni    Morgan  gilfi       Vlasic

Rooney    DCL 

granted the lads aren’t wing backs but they have Morgan and benni to drop in when they bomb forward. Look at Chelsea. Moses and alonso aren’t wing backs 

23 hours ago, Finn balor said:

What about 3-5-2

Pickford

Holgate       Jags        Keane

davies  benni    Morgan  gilfi       Vlasic

Rooney    DCL 

granted the lads aren’t wing backs but they have Morgan and benni to drop in when they bomb forward. Look at Chelsea. Moses and alonso aren’t wing backs 

Wouldn't be a bad should, in my opinion, if only our centerbacks looked at all comfortable and capable in a back three

get some fucking points and try and score one of those goal things i keep hearing about

pickford

kenny keane holgate baines

beni

vlasic      mirallas     lookman

sandro         dcl

24 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

get some fucking points and try and score one of those goal things i keep hearing about

pickford

kenny keane holgate baines

beni

vlasic      mirallas     lookman

sandro         dcl

I admire your confidence but they'd twat us on the counter with only Beni as true central mid :lol: