IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday Novermber 18th

markjazzbassist

I haven't been around these parts for a while but I'm finally getting down for a game... at probably the worst time! I'd loved my first game to have been at Goodison but this one worked out as my mates living 10 mins from Selhurst so I'm down visiting him and off to the game today - albeit in the home end.

Hoping for a win; expecting a drab 0-0!

3 minutes ago, GMC said:

I haven't been around these parts for a while but I'm finally getting down for a game... at probably the worst time! I'd loved my first game to have been at Goodison but this one worked out as my mates living 10 mins from Selhurst so I'm down visiting him and off to the game today - albeit in the home end.

Hoping for a win; expecting a drab 0-0!

My daughter's in Crystal Palace today and I'm baby-sitting for her-how'd that happen:huh:?

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not happy seeing Schneiderlin and Gana together again that pairing doesn't work, come on Unsworth learn from Koeman's mistake one or the other but not together.

Agree, unhappy.  We need goals.  Gana will get forward, but if he scores it will be a big surprise.  If Unsworth wants to use 4-2-3-1, then Davies should be one of the 2 DMs, as he will get forward and is much more of a threat to score.

I prefer 4-1-3-2.  Five attackers, including 2 strikers.

I’m an Unsworth supporter, but not this formation or DM pairing.

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It’s worked more (last season) than it’s not worked (this season) to be fair.

Not really Schneiderlin came in late then Gana was gone for weeks to African cup he was dropped before he went and struggled to get back in the team when he returned, this season so far has proved they can't gel.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Koeman was accused of shutting Martinez’ players out. Curiously those same people are quiet on this one. 

Possibly because that same accusation can't be thrown at Unsworth....yet?!

Certainly not over one player. He' not picking one player, so must have his favourites.

I just think it's likely to be down to pace and his defensive frailties. Vlasic has made errors when helping us to defend. Unsworth just seems to want to play out and out wingers with the pace and energy to really work those sides 

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Certainly not over one player. He' not picking one player, so must have his favourites.

I just think it's likely to be down to pace and his defensive frailties. Vlasic has made errors when helping us to defend. Unsworth just seems to want to play out and out wingers with the pace and energy to really work those sides 

I happen to not think it’s because Unsworth has favourites, but we both know that if this was Koeman not playing an obviously talented player (or even having him on the bench) you’d have comments about it. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not really Schneiderlin came in late then Gana was gone for weeks to African cup he was dropped before he went and struggled to get back in the team when he returned, this season so far has proved they can't gel.

Their partnership coincided with our positive 2nd half of last season.

5 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Really, and Vlasic is not playing or not even in the squad because?

I'm sorry are you saying Vlasic doesn't have pace?

He is not a great defender I grant you but he is creative, and that is one of the things we have so sorely lacked. He was one of the most creative players when he was playing, to leave him out of the squad without explanation is moronic.