IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday Novermber 18th

markjazzbassist

How were we doing with his creativity?

im not defending the decision to leave him out, but I do understabd it. We need to stop the rot at the moment and get back to being a solid team. If this means taking players out for the moment to sure up... then it’s a sound decision.

i like Vlasic, but he gave two goals away due to mistakes in his few fleeting moments of good football.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Our positive 2nd half of last season was more to do with Lukaku's goals not the pairing of them.

...and Barkley’s end of season form. Coleman’s injury was a massive loss. Beyond the obvious pick of Lukaku and Barkley, Gana was our best player last season and Schneiderlin was seen as an excellent signing before his indifferent form this season.

18 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Really, and Vlasic is not playing or not even in the squad because?

I'm sorry are you saying Vlasic doesn't have pace?

He is not a great defender I grant you but he is creative, and that is one of the things we have so sorely lacked. He was one of the most creative players when he was playing, to leave him out of the squad without explanation is moronic.

Don't apologise Blue. It's ok. Have you watched Vlasic and said 'fuck me he's fast?'. No one has ever mentioned him being pacey, nor is he known to be pacey. Whereas both Lennon and Lookman are known to be pacey players. And fit the way Unsworth wants to play.

I'm just trying to see reasons why Unsworth might go with one over the other using what I think is sound rationale.

However, I think it's more moronic expecting him to explain his decisions then it is for him to make those decisions.

Vlasic time will come though. Looks a good player.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

How were we doing with his creativity?

im not defending the decision to leave him out, but I do understabd it. We need to stop the rot at the moment and get back to being a solid team. If this means taking players out for the moment to sure up... then it’s a sound decision.

i like Vlasic, but he gave two goals away due to mistakes in his few fleeting moments of good football.

Great point Shukes - how many games did he start for us was it 3 or 4, so our lack of creativity was his fault :rolleyes:

A wingers primary job is to create goals, and of all the players we have shoehorned into wide attacking positions he has looked one of the most creative. Unless you can think of more creative players we have played there, other than Lookman, who I am glad to see starting today.

Lennon is a better defensive winger but he creates the square route of diddly squat. So yeah maybe start with Lennon, but as our defense has conceded 22 goals this season in the league there is a fair chance we will need to score a few goals to get something out of the game. But that's ok as without Vlasic we have managed a massive 7 goals this season so I am sure we will be fine.

It makes total sense to not have Vlasic in the squad. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Great point Shukes - how many games did he start for us was it 3 or 4, so our lack of creativity was his fault :rolleyes:

A wingers primary job is to create goals, and of all the players we have shoehorned into wide attacking positions he has looked one of the most creative. Unless you can think of more creative players we have played there, other than Lookman, who I am glad to see starting today.

Lennon is a better defensive winger but he creates the square route of diddly squat. So yeah maybe start with Lennon, but as our defense has conceded 22 goals this season in the league there is a fair chance we will need to score a few goals to get something out of the game. But that's ok as without Vlasic we have managed a massive 7 goals this season so I am sure we will be fine.

It makes total sense to not have Vlasic in the squad. 

? Not sure I said it was all his fault? If I did please quote me.

as for creativity other than Lookman then you have to look at Lennon who creates more in one game than Vlasic has done in his Everton carear. Not opinion either but fact.  And as you have rightly pointed out, Lennon also adds defensive quality to the side.

ill spell it out more simply as you missed it first time. I am in no way saying I agree with the decision... just that it’s easy to u deratabd why,  if those are the reasons why. 

And at least in the end you agreed eh!

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Don't apologise Blue. It's ok. Have you watched Vlasic and said 'fuck me he's fast?'. No one has ever mentioned him being pacey, nor is he known to be pacey. Whereas both Lennon and Lookman are known to be pacey players. And fit the way Unsworth wants to play.

I'm just trying to see reasons why Unsworth might go with one over the other using what I think is sound rationale.

However, I think it's more moronic expecting him to explain his decisions then it is for him to make those decisions.

Vlasic time will come though. Looks a good player.

Yes I have watched him quite a few times and I would say he is one of our faster players, up there with Lookman. Do you have difficulties judging relative speeds and distances, maybe its time to stop putting that trip to the opticians off. 

So in your mystic quest to read the mind of Unsworth,  can you understand why he is not in the match day squad? I can understand not having him in the team, not agree but I do understand but not even in the squad that is stupid. 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Yes I have watched him quite a few times and I would say he is one of our faster players, up there with Lookman. Do you have difficulties judging relative speeds and distances, maybe its time to stop putting that trip to the opticians off. 

So in your mystic quest to read the mind of Unsworth,  can you understand why he is not in the match day squad? I can understand not having him in the team, not agree but I do understand but not even in the squad that is stupid. 

Even if he wasn't the quickest winger in the world he's a very good dribbler at pace.