IGNORED

Atalanta (Europa Group Home) Thursday November 23rd

markjazzbassist

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Any far side is guilty of the same things dressed up. You can’t be left or right without being prejudice.

But I thought Newts had banned politics from these threads?

Haha. I have...but only the deep Labour/Cons stuff.

This was merely a query as to the, erm, standings of the far sides!!!

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I understand the argument to throw the game and “rest” for Southampton, I just don’t agree with it. So we’ll just see what happens I guess :)

Speaking only for myself, my preference that players such as Mirallas, Vlasic, Sandro, Rooney, Besic, and Baningime start is, yes, an argument that some regulars should be rested - Lennon, Baines, Sigurdsson especially.  I do not concede that this amounts to an argument for “throwing” the match.

But I may have to withdraw even my nervous support for Unsworth, as he is giving Absolutely-No-Left-Foot-Whatsoever the nod at LB.  That does look suspiciously like throwing, um, caution to the wind.

31 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It's a big chance for some of the guys to show what they are about.

I really hope Klaassen and Sandro show something, I really really do! We need them to show us something!

This for me. Just want a positive performance from the team and am desperate to see Klaassen and Sandro put in a good shift. Need those two to find their way to comfort in our side - they are class players, I just hope they can show it here and not have to leave for Italy/France/Spain/Portugal