IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Sunday November 26th

markjazzbassist

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Gana and Schneiderlin imo are the weakest players in our team they simply go missing for long spells of the game they offer no protection of any note to the defence or anything going forward, last Saturday was a prime example our back four where under pressure pretty much all game Palace were camped in our half like it was a training session, we need some aggression to mix it up a bit show some passion care a will to win, I've seen none of that from them two it's lack lustre to say the least, I put Gylfi there in the front of a three to hopefully be the play maker and deliver some quality, then ideally I would go with Davies, McCarthy or Besic to battle stop the opposition and win the ball and most importantly offer some protection to the defence.

ah ok, i thought you were against the 2 DM, that must have been someone else.  you just don't like morgan and gana, got it.  

You know what I had really high hopes for Schneiderlin when we signed him, I wish we had the Schneiderlin that Southampton had he was awesome there, hopefully it's still in him and we will see it soon to be honest I think his partnership with Gana is holding him back he looks much better when Gana's not playing, your right I don't rate Gana for me he brings very little to game at best he's a passenger and more of hindrance to the midfield.

I understand I'm probably in a minority of one when it comes to Gana but you have to say it as you see it.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I would hope that he could link play like Barkley or Pienaar and help us keep hold of the ball better. I think he is more useless centrally than he is out wide. Get him to cut in from the right and have Kenny bombing past him leaving a proper winger on the left.

Except he can’t and doesn’t. Hope dead. 

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

There is no reason why he couldn't though. 

There's every reason. Not being able to do it being the chief reason. 

Pienaar could do it because he had skill to beat a man, so he didn't need the pace to do it (Sigurdsson has neither pace or skill). Barkley can do it because he's athletic and strong (Sigurdsson is neither of those things).

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well there is if he can't:doh:

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

There's every reason. Not being able to do it being the chief reason. 

Pienaar could do it because he had skill to beat a man, so he didn't need the pace to do it (Sigurdsson has neither pace or skill). Barkley can do it because he's athletic and strong (Sigurdsson is neither of those things).

It's about beating a man it' about drawing defenders out of space. Eriksen does the same for Spurs when he is wide. He tucks in, links the play and can then play a pass or put a cross in. This allows the RB to get forward and draw another defender away whilst also providing more support to the striker. 

If you are telling me Sigurdsson can' do that then we really are fucked! Especially as it' the exact type of play that has got home to where he is today.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

It's about beating a man it' about drawing defenders out of space. Eriksen does the same for Spurs when he is wide. He tucks in, links the play and can then play a pass or put a cross in. This allows the RB to get forward and draw another defender away whilst also providing more support to the striker. 

If you are telling me Sigurdsson can' do that then we really are fucked! Especially as it' the exact type of play that has got home to where he is today.

He can't. We're fucked.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You can beat a man with intelligence. Pienaar made simple little passes that didn’t need skill or pace, just intelligence. 

Not sure if Siggy has that level of either intelligence or technical ability?

He doesn’t, that’s the point I’m making. 

It’s got to be central or on the bench for him. Even centrally he’s got to improve a hell of a lot to even get close to adding anything for us though. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He can't. We're fucked.

😂

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He doesn’t, that’s the point I’m making. 

It’s got to be central or on the bench for him. Even centrally he’s got to improve a hell of a lot to even get close to adding anything for us though. 

Surely that becomes more difficult when you play centrally? I think even I could pop up for 60 minutes on the wing and do a job like that so Siggy can. 

On 18/11/2017 at 19:47, pete0 said:

Think Unsworth has to be cut throat, the squads big enough to drop any one who doesn't perform and we've got an awful lot not pulling their weight. 

Pickford 

Kenny Holgate Williams Baines 

Lennon Davies Besic Mirallas 

Niasse Rooney 

Based on tonight's showing and suspensions I'd go with:

Robles 

Kenny Holgate Jags Baines 

Lennon Beni Besic Mirallas 

Vlasic

Rooney 

I think we're utterly hamstrung for Sunday. I hate Gana, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson in midfield but Beni and Davies ran themselves ragged last night. Is McCarthy fit? Can Besic be trusted? Williams and Keane simply cannot play, but are Jags and Holgate fit?  

Pickford

Besic     Holgate   Jags   Baines

Kenny   Gana     Schneiderlin   Lennon

Sigurdsson

DCL

I'd go with this in preparation for Coleman, Bolasie and hopefully Barkley being back. Play Coleman right mid in front of Kenny, Bolasie left. Then at home go Niasse and DCL up top with Barkley/Rooney at the top of a diamond, any of Davies, Beni, Gana, McCarthy etc in behind. Away, take one of DCL or Niasse out and add another CM. Attack teams at home with pace and width, look for draws away. I think Coleman could do a massive job at RM, he'd offer defensive solidity and pace going forward. I'd start preparing for that shape now with Kenny. 

Did someone put Besic at right back? What are you drinking and can I have some?

It's really is a car crash right now. There are no clear choices. The spine of the squad is completely gone. I'd be playing as many kids as possible, they at least give 100%.  

------------------pickford--------------

----holgate------keane----jags---

Kenny-vlasic--benny-sigurdson-baines

------------rooney--------------dcl------

32 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Did someone put Besic at right back? What are you drinking and can I have some?

It's really is a car crash right now. There are no clear choices. The spine of the squad is completely gone. I'd be playing as many kids as possible, they at least give 100%.  

------------------pickford--------------

----holgate------keane----jags---

Kenny-vlasic--benny-sigurdson-baines

------------rooney--------------dcl------

Guess people see different things and maybe trying to find something different. I mentioned him as a cb...

not sure on Rooney and Gylfi in the same team. Makes us way to slow and they get in each other's way 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Guess people see different things and maybe trying to find something different. I mentioned him as a cb...

not sure on Rooney and Gylfi in the same team. Makes us way to slow and they get in each other's way 

Not you, looks like it was nogs.  

I wouldn't have Rooney and Gilfy starting together, but we don't have any other options. I don't think we can seriously start with Sandro and DCL up top. Rooney gives us a bit more nouse. In the middle of the park we're crying out for someone who can link the dms with the front line. Klassen is supposed to do that but he's a drowning man. Right now I think Gilfy has a bit more about himself.

Can't actually see unsworth not playing Lennon though, especially away from home, so it will probably be him instead of Vlasic and he probably won't play a back three, but for me that's what we need right now to try and tighten up at the back. We don't have a back 4 that can do the job.

We live in hope. Part of being an Everton fan (sadly it seems) is suffering.

We will get out of this and improve, believe it or not we will get a new manager.

For this match I want to see players work hard, and show some fight.

Pickford

Kenny     Holgate      Jags    Baines

Besic

Davies         Siggy

Vlasic                 DCL             Lookman

16 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We live in hope. Part of being an Everton fan (sadly it seems) is suffering.

We will get out of this and improve, believe it or not we will get a new manager.

For this match I want to see players work hard, and show some fight.

Pickford

Kenny     Holgate      Jags    Baines

Besic

Davies         Siggy

Vlasic                 DCL             Lookman

Davies is suspended.

5 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Not you, looks like it was nogs.  

I wouldn't have Rooney and Gilfy starting together, but we don't have any other options. I don't think we can seriously start with Sandro and DCL up top. Rooney gives us a bit more nouse. In the middle of the park we're crying out for someone who can link the dms with the front line. Klassen is supposed to do that but he's a drowning man. Right now I think Gilfy has a bit more about himself.

Can't actually see unsworth not playing Lennon though, especially away from home, so it will probably be him instead of Vlasic and he probably won't play a back three, but for me that's what we need right now to try and tighten up at the back. We don't have a back 4 that can do the job.

The reason I'd play Besic RB is as a stop gap until Coleman is fit. I'd push Kenny into RM to give us width and extra defensive cover out wide. Then when Coleman is fit, put him there and move Kenny back to RB. 

Not ideal, but about finding a system and sticking with it. I'd play Holgate RB if we weren't so awful at CB, we can't play Williams or Keane after Thursday so there's not much choice. It's about forcing solutions from very sparse options. 

If Schneiderlin isn' fit then Beni should be playing through the centre IMO. 

I really don' know what we should do at the back. I don' trust Williams when we go behind, Jags doesn' sound like he is fit, Keane couldn' be in worse form and that leaves Holgate who will make a mistake. 

At least Holgate is a good passer and he is quick. I think I would go with him and Keane. It' desperate stuff tbh.