IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Sunday November 26th

markjazzbassist

DCL needs to do more to help us have the ball stick up front, he’s done a poor job really. 

Sigurdsson needs to play central and not on the left. Wtf is that all about?! It’s no coincidence that the goal came from him drifting inside. 

The midfield in general has been non-existent and needs to step up. 

The defence has looked shambolic. Again. 

But we find ourselves level and in with a chance, and I’ll take that all day long. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

DCL needs to do more to help us have the ball stick up front, he’s done a poor job really. 

Sigurdsson needs to play central and not on the left. Wtf is that all about?! It’s no coincidence that the goal came from him drifting inside. 

The midfield in general has been non-existent and needs to step up. 

The defence has looked shambolic. Again. 

But we find ourselves level and in with a chance, and I’ll take that all day long. 

Playing three at the back Sigurdsson should be able to play central. Kenny and Lennon give the width, Mirallas should go up top with DCL. I still think Rooney is an option in CM as he is one of our only players who tries to pick a forward pass, but I guess Sigurdsson has earn a crack second half

1 minute ago, johnh said:

30% posession, 2 attempts on goal - not sure how we are level.

We have had 3, haven't we? 2 Mirallas and 1 Siggy?

Just watched their goal again. Gana does well with the first tackle but then waltzs back as 2 Soton players sprint past hI'm. In fact Bertrand is Gana's man.

The scary thing is that Soton have been much criticised for poor football and lack of chances/goals...yet they look against us. That's how poor we are.

DCL has been poor. Might be worth Rooney going in up there but will he stay up there?

Vlasic would be my next choice to come on aswell as Lookman.

Obviously we only have 2 subs left...over to you Unsworth!!!

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

For all you suggesting Siggy should play centrally and using that goal as an example, just go and have a look at where he picks the ball up. 

Not even 10 yards from the right touch line.

All right we know you think he's a winger next your be saying Robles would make a good CF;)

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just watched their goal again. Gana does well with the first tackle but then waltzs back as 2 Soton players sprint past hI'm. In fact Bertrand is Gana's man.

Schneiderlin should’ve seen the danger but was in no mans land for their goal. Gana was actually trying to press higher up but he cant do it alone. 

I want, and have wanted for a while, for Bertrand to be Baines replacement. He’s a quality player. 

I’d bring Beni on for Morgan if we’re insisting on 2 DCM. Might bring a bit more energy and discipline there. Sad when you have to say that really

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Happens every week. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the reason Villa went down the amount of goals he costs us. Hardly counted by his forward work. Box to box midfielder who can't defend or attack. 

1-1

What a spectacular right-foot shot by Sigurðsson. Well done!
Pesonally I would like to see Rooney on D. Calvert-Lewins position. Though Rooney really needs to stay up there and not try to play dm/m.
Another thing; Gana is as usual all over the place without much thinking for the defensive part. I fear he will maybe cost a penalty or something. Take him out.

Keane really needs to mark his opponent close or we will get in trouble.