IGNORED

At what point do we say we are in a relegation dogfight?

17 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So you acknowledge that by game 33 a teams fate could be sealed , but you wouldn’t say they were in a relegation fight until game 30!!

Do you not think it’s a little late by then?

Glad you picked up on it as well.

Newty you fucking ostrich 😂

43 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So you acknowledge that by game 33 a teams fate could be sealed , but you wouldn’t say they were in a relegation fight until game 30!!

Do you not think it’s a little late by then?

No...I said...let me say this slowly...

I....DONT....LOOK...UNTIL....GAME....25...-....30.

That's just my personal approach. I don't pay too much attention to it until round about that time period for the reasons given. You guys, from past posts, look at who is in a relegation fight from game 8. So who do you guys think are in a fight with us? 

I think this same conversation took place in the 2 seasons we finished 11th under Martinez. I had the same view. And I'm sure some of you guys had us in a relegation fight.

And you keep bringing up this 'it's too late by then'. What's to late? Because last time I checked, there's fuck all me or you can do about it anyway. Whether we notice it at game 1 or game 39. 

43 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Glad you picked up on it as well.

Newty you fucking ostrich 😂

No....I'd be classed as an ostrich if I denied we were playing shit (failing to face reality) or was saying we are in 7th (failing to accept fact).

Having a different view as to when the relegation dog fight begins is purely personal opinion.

It's what makes us interesting isn't it? Having different opinions and personalities.

The reality is, half the premier league class themselves as being in a relegation fight before the season starts. Ask the Chairmen!

This season,Huddersfield, Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton, Palace, Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, West Brom & Swansea would probably all say their priority is to get 40 points and try and stay up. Now as the season starts, West Ham, Stoke and Everton are all close to the bottom and therefore in the relegation fight. Simple. 

Being in a relegation fight is not about being in the bottom three. It is about not being far away enough to consider yourself safe. We are nowhere near safe an dthe stats tell us that the amount of goals we are conceding points to relegation and barring a huge uptake in form (which is what we are all hoping!) are going to struggle to get 40 points. Mentioning a January transfer window to bring players in is completely irrelevant until we actually bring players in, then they perform better than our current squad. I think we as Evertonians, know that bringing in players for a load of money doesn't guarantee anything.

Teams like Watford, again, based on seeing them play and the form they are in, look far better than most teams in the bottom half. Now they would expect to pick up 40 points and kick on. Same for Leicester. The others are just like us, in a relegation fight.

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

No....I'd be classed as an ostrich if I denied we were playing shit (failing to face reality) or was saying we are in 7th (failing to accept fact).

Having a different view as to when the relegation dog fight begins is purely personal opinion.

It's what makes us interesting isn't it? Having different opinions and personalities.

What are you getting all touchy for Ozzy? 😂

Just now, Matt said:

Soooo, 8 points of the bottom 3, top half and 2 consequtive clean sheets. At what point do people admit they let their fear get the better of them?

I'm still not convinced matt. Very fragile team.  Needs an overhaul. We are closer to being relegation candidates than top 6 candidates. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Soooo, 8 points of the bottom 3, top half and 2 consequtive clean sheets. At what point do people admit they let their fear get the better of them?

Something changed - we did something about it. We’re not out of the woods yet but it all looks a hell of a lot rosier now.

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oooh too early Matt, too early!

I'm waiting for a few more games before I pipe up about it!!!

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

We never were in a relegation fight, and I really don't know why anyone thinks so. We're barely a third of the way through the season and squarely in the middle of the table.

We are relegation candidates purely on the basis that this squad has produced some of the most gutless shite football I've seen since mike walker and Walter Smith.

Long way to go yet. I've yet to see us control a game for the full 90 without fear.

11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If people think we are in the clear already they are beyond delusional

I thought we were awful today,luckily Huddersfield were even worse

This is still the worst Everton team I’ve ever seen and I am absolutely dreading the derby

Without seeing the game i know that we need to get to January in some sort of reasonable shape... we then need to spend £100m on the right players. 

We are nowhere near safe... no where near.  Fragile and shaky. 

24 minutes ago, hafnia said:

We are relegation candidates purely on the basis that this squad has produced some of the most gutless shite football I've seen since mike walker and Walter Smith.

Long way to go yet. I've yet to see us control a game for the full 90 without fear.

More to do with a gutless and clueless manager in Koeman, and like Bill said we will finish in the top ten no problem.

post="612836" timestamp="1512244718" name="Palfy" userid="17184"] More to do with a gutless and clueless manager in Koeman, and like Bill said we will finish in the top ten no problem.

Totally disagree

The likes of Mirallas and Schneiderlin can’t blame Koeman for their total lack of effort and gutless displays

They never showed up under Unsworth either . Players should be playing for the shirt regardless of who the manager is

40 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Without seeing the game i know that we need to get to January in some sort of reasonable shape... we then need to spend £100m on the right players. 

We are nowhere near safe... no where near.  Fragile and shaky. 

I agree- not even remotely out the middle of the woods yet- 2 swallows do not make a summer.